I have no idea where I came across the idea of a ‘Dirty Thirty Workout’ but I love creating these workouts when I am pressed for time because you can get a total body workout in about thirty minutes or less.
I create a list of 10-12 exercise and do thirty reps before taking about a 30 second break then moving onto the next exercise. (Some of the exercises I do 15 reps, take a jog in place break, then complete the other 15) Here is the list of exercises and read the entire post for pictures and details on how to complete each exercise.
1. jump squats with taps
3. jumping lunges
4. plank punches
5. split jack lunges
6. grasshopper push-ups
7. long jump shuttle
8. butterfly sit-ups
10. hi-ya kicks
1. jump squats with taps: Stand with feet about shoulder width apart. Go down into a squat. When you come back up jump and tap your ankles together. That’s 1 rep.
2. burpees: Begin standing and bend your knees and sit your butt back to get yourself onto the ground in a push-up position.
If you can complete 1 push up then jump your feet in and as you bring your body back up jump with your hands towards the sky. That’s 1 rep.
3. jumping lunges: Jump into a lunge right leg forward. Then jump up and switch legs bringing your left leg forward into a lunge position. That’s 1 rep.
4. plank punches: Get into a plank position. Punch your right arm higher than your forehead. Then switch and punch your left arm. That’s 1 rep.
5. split jack lunges: Complete a jumping jack (arms moving or stationary) then go down into a lunge right leg forward. Jump back up to standing. Complete another jack and switch legs, going down into a lunge with your left leg forward.
6. grasshopper push-ups. In a push up position bring your left knee across your body toward your right elbow.
Go down into a push-up keeping your left leg across your body.
Bring your left leg back keeping it above the ground and kick your right leg up as your left leg returns to the ground. Do two more kicks (three total). Then your right leg should be above the ground so you can repeat the exercise but bring your right leg across your body. That’s 1 rep.
7. long jump shuttle. Stand and jump your whole body as far as you can forward as if completing a ‘long jump’ without the running start. Then shuttle or run backwards to your starting position. That’s 1 rep.
8. butterfly sit ups: Sit in a ‘butterfly’ position with your feet facing each other. Bring your head and back down to the floor. Come up for a sit up reaching your elbows for your knees and lower back down. That’s 1 rep.
9. superman: Lay on the ground face first with your arms out above your head. At the same time lift your arms and legs so all four limbs are off the floor. Hold this for a few seconds then bring your arms and legs back down. That’s 1 rep.
10. hi-ya kicks: Stand and bring your right leg up towards your chest (hi). As you bring your right leg back down to the ground simultaneously kick your left leg out in front of you (ya). That’s 1 rep. Do thirty then switch and do the other leg. You will seriously find yourself saying HIIIIII-YA as you do it!
By the end of this workout you should be seriously sweating because you just worked your entire body! Stay Strong!