The weather forecast today in southern MD is literally a messy mix of rain, freezing rain, and snow. YUCK! After Christmas I am so over the idea of cold weather and snow (unless it means a snow day and a day off of school). So I decided to make one of my favorite tropical green smoothies this morning and reminisce on this past summer.
I make a smoothie every morning and this is one of my favorite recipes. If you are new to trying ‘green’ smoothies DO NOT be disgusted, I promise you will not even task the greens! And if you have never used whey protein powder, True Athlete Vanilla Protein is the first protein I ever tried and I use it daily. You can drink or add whey protein to any meal or snack, it does not necessarily need to be right before or after a workout.
When making smoothies I never actually measure my ingredients, I just throw everything into my Vitamix. So I put an estimated amount in the recipe below.
Put all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend away. Does it get any easier?!?!?!
So delicious and filling, even though I wish I was drinking it on an 80 degree beach.
I always am making different smoothies with the ingredients I have on hand so look for more recipes coming soon. Let me know if you give this one a try.
- 8 ounces original almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen mango pieces
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp coconut water (I just add a splash or two)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds. Pour into a glass and enjoy!