Hello!  Hope you are having a fabulous week, we’re half way through and tomorrow is St. Patricks day!  The weather is also starting to get warmer, and days are getting longer.  Doesn’t that just put everyone in such a better mood?!?  In my case, the nice weather makes the kids a little bit crazier at school, but only a few more months until summer.

Today  I wanted to share with you all the good eats I ate one day this week.  All the meals below were actually consumed on Monday.  Mondays are usually all about clean eating and getting back on track from a few indulgences over the weekend (like pizza, chocolate, and wine).  In order for me to participate in the What I ate Wednesday link up with Peas and Crayons and others I needed to prepare this post ahead of time.  So here we go….

What I ate Wednesday #2

Breakfast 6:30 a.m.  I wake up early to do a cardio workout most days so breakfast always consists of a green smoothie with fruit and whey protein, black coffee, and lots of water to rehydrate.  Lots of liquids, but it works for me.  I look forward to my smoothie everyday and would never want to replace it.  Read my last post on How to Build the Perfect Smoothie, to see how I prepare my delicious green drink every morning.

#WIAW

Here’s a picture of actual breakfast that’s much less pretty:

#WIAW

Breakfast Part 2 at 8:00 a.m.  Since I just drink a ton of liquids at home I’m usually hungry again once I get to work.  So after I’ve gotten a few things set up for the day I eat some oatmeal with peanut or almond butter, egg whites, cinnamon, and almond milk.  I usually prep five of these for the work week.  This helps keep me full until lunch time.

#WIAW

Lunch 11:30 a.m.  Lunch is usually always a grilled chicken salad with some veggies, olives, and chick peas.  I usually don’t use a dressing but I love the combo of red wine vinegar and dijon mustard.  I also always have a yogurt at lunch.  Usually I have a Chobani Simply 100, but these Fage yogurts were on sale this week and are one of my favorite greek yogurts, so thick and creamy, mmmm!

#WIAW

Snack 3:30 p.m.  Once the kiddos have left school for the day I usually snack on some almonds and half a sliced apple, loving honey crisp apples these days.  And I always try to drink a TON of water at this time, because otherwise I sometimes mistake thirst for hunger if I didn’t drink enough throughout the day.  I was actually running an after school program and forgot to snap a photo of my snack, sorry!

Post Workout Shake 6:00 p.m. When I workout in the morning it’s typically just cardio, so two to three times a week I try to do some heavy lifting when I come home.  5:00 a.m. is just too early for me to be doing squats, maybe one day I’ll get used to it.  I usually do a workout with dumbbells myself or attend a one hour BodyPump class.  After all this lifting I usually need something to give me energy to make dinner and keep myself from snacking, so I blend 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein with milk.

#WIAW

Dinner 7:30 p.m.  We eat dinner pretty late since my husband usually gets home after 7 p.m.  Which I’m fine with cause then I have time to actually prepare a meal.  Monday for dinner we had Gimme Some Oven’s Teriyaki Chicken with broccoli and cauliflower rice.  I picked up a few bags of cauliflower crumbles at target.  You just sauté the crumbles in a pan with some oil until soft, and it really tastes just like rice.  Great low carb option.

#WIAW

#WIAW

Dessert 8:00 p.m.  The season finale of The Bachelor was Monday night.  Love all the drama, and seriously can’t wait for Bachelor in Paradise to start.  So after dinner was all cleaned up, I sat down with one pice of Dove Twilight dark chocolate, two dates, and some peanut butter.  This sounds weird but it’s such a great combo.  Dates are naturally sweet and they definitely help satisfy my sweet tooth.

#WIAW

What’s one thing you’ve enjoyed eating on your plate this week?

What’s your favorite greek yogurt?

What healthy options satisfy your sweet tooth?

16 Comments on What I Ate Wednesday, WIAW #2

1. Avatar
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot
    March 16, 2016 at 12:41 am (4 years ago)

Yum! I’ve been enjoying oatmeal with peanut butter and unsweetened cocoa powder. So good!!
    My favorite greek yogurt is also fage–soooo delicious!!
    I love to have dark chocolate and almonds together.

March 16, 2016 at 9:17 pm (4 years ago)

Oh love the idea of adding cocoa powder! So many ways to make oats I love them so much! And dark chocolate and almonds is one of my favorite combos =)

2. Avatar
    Joanne Mickol
    March 16, 2016 at 3:14 pm (4 years ago)

My favorite greek yogurt is Siggies.
    I enjoyed roasted beets in my salad this week.
    I am going to try the dates, peanut butter and chocolate. I will use homemade peanut butter though.

March 16, 2016 at 9:16 pm (4 years ago)

Yes the Siggies are delicious! I have yet to try roasting my own beets, I’m nervous of making a mess, but really like them. Do you have a good method for this?

3. Avatar
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    March 17, 2016 at 2:34 am (4 years ago)

That post dinner snack sounds amazing – all of my favorites combined! I agree with you about Fage’s creaminess. Your day of eats looks delicious!

March 17, 2016 at 10:26 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Sarah =) Gotta end the date with a little sweet treat.

4. Avatar
    GiGi Eats
    March 17, 2016 at 2:41 am (4 years ago)

I LOVE 2-part breakfasts!!! Gets me excited to wake up and then finish my work out! 😉

March 17, 2016 at 10:25 pm (4 years ago)

Literally all I think about during an AM workout is what am I going to get to eat after =)

5. Avatar
    Cora
    March 17, 2016 at 4:14 am (4 years ago)

Dates + pb + chocolate are a match made in heaven! Such a perfect way to end the day.

March 17, 2016 at 10:24 pm (4 years ago)

It seriously is. I’m so upset it took me so long to realize how delicious that combo was, tehe.

6. Avatar
    Kat
    March 17, 2016 at 6:25 pm (4 years ago)

Your dinner looks fabulous!!
    I’ve been trying to incorporate more salads into my diet, but its super hard for me to make it the main meal, so I typically do a side salad with whatever protein or main dish Im having! Like today I did a tuna melt with a side spinach salad. So yummy!

March 17, 2016 at 10:24 pm (4 years ago)

Yes it’s hard for me to have just a salad for dinner. But I’ve tried a few Budda Bowl recipes that are similar to giant salads that have been delicious! Love tuna melts, those are made quiet often in our house during lent ; )

7. Avatar
    Faith VanderMolen
    March 18, 2016 at 2:57 am (4 years ago)

Your dessert is perfection! Love chocolate, PB and dates:)

March 18, 2016 at 10:21 pm (4 years ago)

It really is! I can’t believe it took me so long to discover that combo!

8. Avatar
    Cailee
    March 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm (4 years ago)

YUM!! I just love all your eats! So healthy and tasty! And your dessert looks amazing! I eat a little dark chocolate every evening! It’s SO satisfying! Plus it’s gluten free, dairy free, soy free and vegan! And fair Trade certified and organic!
    xoxo Cailee!

March 20, 2016 at 7:35 pm (4 years ago)

Yes I usually have a piece or two of dark chocolate every night. Great way to satisfy a sweet tooth ; )