Hi friends!  Hope you are having a great week and finally starting to get some warm Spring weather.  You know what Spring also means?  A new season of TV shows!  I am currently hooked on Southern Charm, The Challenge Rivals III, and Rich Kids of Beverly Hills and anxiously waiting for The Real Housewives of Orange County and The Bachelorette to start soon.  Typically my husband and I DVR all our shows and watch them on Friday or Saturday nights paired with dinner or snacks at home and a few glasses of wine.  So when my friends at SkinnyPop came up with a Wine and Popcorn pairing infographic, I knew I had to share it with you.  Two of my FAVORITE things that I often pair together =)

SkinnyPop Wine

SkinnyPop is already one of my go to snacks whether I’m drinking wine or not.  Popcorn always reminds me of my childhood because my family and I always ate so much of it either as a snack or during movie nights.  Since then it’s always been stocked in my pantry.  And I just love how easy it is to open a bag of SkinnyPop rather than make kettle corn on the stove or pop kernels in the microwave.  Plus SkinnyPop is made with no artificial ingredients, flavors, or preservatives.  And at just 39+ calories a cup you can eat so much more than any other snack.  Best of all it is absolutely delicious!

Pairings that Pop. Skinny Pop

I like how the chart pairs together the different SkinnyPop flavors with reds and/or whites.  Since I was only able to find the Original and White Cheddar Skinny Pop flavors I purchased a bottle of Malbec and Chardonnay to pair them with.  My husband and I were both surprised by how much we liked the White Cheddar, since I usually only buy Original.  The White Cheddar with the Malbec was our favorite combination, because you can’t beat a cheesy snack with a glass of red!  But we both really liked the Chardonnay with the Original as well.  It was a fun night sipping, talking, TV watching, and taste testing.

Pairings That Pop Skinnypop

Pairings that Pop. Skinnypop

Whether you are getting together with your friends for the season premier of The Bachelorette or having a date night, what a perfect time to pair SkinnyPop with a glass of your favorite wine!

Pairings that Pop. Skinnypop

Pairings that Pop. Skinnypop

What do you usually pair your glass of wine with?

Have you tried SkinnyPop yet?  If so what’s your favorite flavor?

9 Comments on Pairings that Pop

May 17, 2016 at 8:20 pm (1 year ago)

oh man this is awesome! I love skinny pop and i love wine…never paired them together! Your drawers in the last picture look so cute! Thanks for sharing this..I’ll be using it for later! My favorite kind is the salt and pepper

2. GiGi Eats
    May 17, 2016 at 11:08 pm (1 year ago)

HA!!! THIS IS LIKE the GIRLS NIGHT guide every lady needs to print out and stick on their fridge!

May 18, 2016 at 12:00 am (1 year ago)

Yes! Seriously! I wish I found more of their flavors, I’m tempted to order some online!

3. Heather McClees
    May 18, 2016 at 4:07 am (1 year ago)

I love fun food pairings, and although I’ve never had wine and popcorn, it sounds like a fun one for movie night! 🙂

May 20, 2016 at 12:34 am (1 year ago)

You definitely need to try it Heather! ; )

May 19, 2016 at 8:36 pm (1 year ago)

One of my favorite date night is a movie with popcorn and red wine. And dark chocolate. 🙂

Love the pairing notes here. We just took out level 2 wine certification and talked a lot about what flavor profiles work together. It’s a lot of fun to test out!

May 20, 2016 at 12:35 am (1 year ago)

Yes wine and chocolate such a great combo! I love wine tasting with different foods, makes for a fun evening and good conversation ; )

5. Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    May 24, 2016 at 4:27 pm (1 year ago)

I currently have a bag of the white cheddar Skinny Pop in my pantry, but I definitely need to find the dusted chocolate flavor! Popcorn also reminds me of childhood. Such a great movie/TV snack, and I could always go for a glass of wine with some too!

May 24, 2016 at 10:40 pm (1 year ago)

I know right wine and popcorn are a great combo! I can’t find the dusted chocolate, so tempted to order some!