Yay it’s Friday!  Hope you all had a wonderful week and either have some fun or relaxing plans for the weekend.  My husband and I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary by going out to dinner tonight and we have a friend’s cookout to attend tomorrow.  Also hoping to do some summer cleaning/throw stuff away around the house.

Every so often I love linking up with Heather at LIfe in Leggings and brining you some of my favorite food, fitness, and fashion items I’ve been loving lately.  Always let me know if you give any of these favorites a try, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Friday Favorites 6.24.16

Late of July Tortilla Chips

We have been eating these organic tortilla chips every Taco Tuesday for quite some time now, usually the sweet potato flavor.  Recently Late of July came out with a Sub Lime flavored chip and I knew I had to try them and they met all my expectations, new favorite flavor!

Friday Favorites 6.24.16

Dove Dark Chocolate covered Fruit

We’ve only taste tested the chocolate covered cherries and they were delicious!  Especially paired with a glass of wine.  Problem is my husband and I finished an entire bag in one sitting. #treatyourself

IMG_4417
Orchids

I love having fresh flowers around the house.  Usually I fill a few mason jars with mini carnations and buy a fresh bouquet for our living room TV stand.  But the last few Spring’s I’ve gotten on orchid for the stand and love the way they look and that they are so easy to care for.  You only give them a bit of water once a week and they will last a few months.  Much more cost effective than buying a fresh bouquet every week.

IMG_4414
Starbucks Secret Menu Item

I’m sure you’ve seen several of the secret menu items on Pinterest, this one is really simple.  The other day I ordered the Strawberry Acai Refresher and asked for it to be made with coconut milk instead of the usual water.  It was a simple change to the original and so refreshing on a hot day.

Friday Favorites 6.24.16

Face Mask

I kept seeing these little face masks at Target and eventually picked one up.  They had different varieties to choose from.  I just think they make a fun girls night activity or small gift.

Friday Favorites 6.24.16

Larabar Bites

Larabar recently came out with these new bite sized treats made from simple ingredients.  I’ve eaten four of these bites for dessert at night and my sweet tooth is fully satisfied.  They are only 130 calories and have about 12 grams of sugar per serving, they’re naturally sweetened with dates so you don’t need to feel quite as guilty.  Can you tell I’m obsessed with cherries lately?

Friday Favorites 6.24.16

Around the Web

Sweet Treat:  While searching for a cookie dough frosting recipe I found these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches from Sally’s Baking Addiction.  She has amazing recipes and I just thought these would make a great dessert at any summer BBQ or party.

Free Video Workouts:  Even though I’m a huge fan of and been doing a few different Beachbody programs I love finding a good free workout online.  Heather from Life in Leggings wrote a great summary of her favorite YouTube Workouts You Can Do at Home.

Healthy Food:  I made a version of this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad for lunches this past week.  I cooked some chicken in the crockpot and shredded it using my stand mixer.  I used  Chobani yogurt, celery and onion for the veggies, grapes for the fruit, pumpkin seeds, and added a bit of lemon juice and tarragon.  It was yummy!

What’s something you’ve been loving lately?

Have you ever ordered something from the Starbucks ‘Secret Menu’?

13 Comments on Friday Favorites 6/24/16

1. Diana
    June 24, 2016 at 12:58 pm (2 years ago)

My husband just bought me the chocolate covered cherries for our third anniversary. Sooo good! Have you had the Costco version before? Also delicious and pretty “clean”. Unfortunately they are in a huge Costco size bag, but fortunately we only occasionally head their with relatives.

I’ll have to try out the work out videos. I’ve been loving Yoga with Adriene lately but I need some more cardio in my life!

June 24, 2016 at 1:48 pm (2 years ago)

I should, I don’t shop at Costco. A giant bag would definitely be bad news for me because of my sweet tooth, lol. I love yoga videos, I usually find something new to do every sunday. Definitely check out her post, there are a TON of videos for all different types of workouts.

June 24, 2016 at 1:36 pm (2 years ago)

Woah i havent seen larabar bites!!! That’s awesome! Also, i am loving those new lime chips too im obsessed with all of the different flavors!

June 24, 2016 at 1:46 pm (2 years ago)

AND I just saw jalapeño lime in the store yesterday, didn’t buy any but I sure will try them soon. Love flavored tortilla chips, they’re my weakness! And you MUST try those bites, they’re delicious!

3. Morgan A.
    June 24, 2016 at 6:50 pm (2 years ago)

I was sooooooooooo close to buying those lara bar bites yesterday!! But I knew FOR SURE without a doubt I would have eaten the whole bag, so I made myself put them back. Maybe for another time…but they look amazing so glad to hear someones review on them! And I am ALL about the tortilla chips right now so I’ll keep these in mind for when I finish my giant Costco bag, lol. (If I ever..) xo
    MorningApple

June 25, 2016 at 3:18 pm (2 years ago)

I could definitely eat the whole bag, I have been trying my best to just eat a serving. And you must try Late of July tortilla chips, they’re definitely my favorite!

June 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm (2 years ago)

You need to try them Morgan! Have a great weekend too girly!

4. Jenna B
    June 24, 2016 at 8:25 pm (2 years ago)

Happy Anniversary!! I’m hooked on LaraBars and I had no idea they had little bites! I definitely need to look into those! Have a great weekend!

June 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Jenna! Yes you must try the bites, they come in a few different flavors.

5. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    June 24, 2016 at 11:38 pm (2 years ago)

Happy anniversary to you! 🙂

I think I have the same greenish pattern place-mat from Target, by the way. And I’m digging all of your favorites! I love all things from Larabar. Have a great weekend, lady! 🙂

June 25, 2016 at 3:16 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Ashley! And love Target placemats, I usually always pick some up for photo backgrounds, hehe.

6. Ezra Shunk
    March 2, 2017 at 5:29 pm (1 year ago)

This really answered my drawback, thank you!