What I would give for an extra day in the weekend.  Saturday is full of running errands and getting the house cleaned.  And Sundays are for getting everything ready for the week.  I think many of you would agree we need another day in between.  But today is Monday, a fresh start to a new week and many of us are working for a three day weekend!

Last week I was feeling a little in a rut with workouts.  I’ve been taking bit a break from the 21 Day Fix workouts because I want to do a full round with my next Challenge Group starting Monday September 5th.  It was also my first week back at work since being off from teaching over the summer, and I think I was having a hard time with the earlier wake up time and getting motivated.  So by Wednesday night I was browsing the web for new workout ideas.  I can always count on my girls Julie, Ashley, Nicole, and Heather for some amazing workouts.  I added a few new ones to my Pinterest Boards and on Thursday did this Strength and Plyometric Leg Workout and Friday I did a Total Body Pyramid Workout.  Even though most of the exercises weren’t new to me, it was nice to complete different styles of workouts and it made the time go by fast.

Now lets get to the Weekend Highlights, which are mostly food related since my husband and I just laid low most of the weekend because we were both pretty exhausted from the work week.  Friday I neglected to take any pictures but after working for a few hours I met Tom for lunch.  I had picked us up Jimmy Johns because I was craving a good turkey sub.  Their Beach Club Sub is my go to, no mayo just the avo spread, yum!  Then I went to get my nails done before Tom’s football scrimmage Friday night.  Their first official game is next week, it’s away against a county rival team.  I love the Friday night lights and am so excited for football season to begin, Go Eagles!  After the game I just went home heated up some leftovers then went up to bed.

OPI Chihuahua Bites

Saturday morning I did my Treadmill Workout again, It’s a nice Saturday morning workout because it goes by so fast.  And my legs were desperately in need of some cardio after doing two new workouts the last two days.  After my workout I got all the grocery shopping and some meal prepping done for the week.  And later in the afternoon I took photos for some of this week’s Friday Favorites.  So stay tuned I have some good ones because of very generous companies that had samples delivered my way last week.  Then later Saturday afternoon while getting ready to make dinner I set out some cheese, crackers, popcorn, hummus for us to snack on while we prepped dinner.  This is honestly one of my favorite stay-in Saturday nigh traditions, appetizers, wine, and chatting while we cook dinner.  Literally I could just eat cheese and crackers for dinner, but I was too excited to make my Greek Chicken with a Homemade Pita Breadso I saved plenty of room.  Then Tom, Blitz, and I lounged around the rest of the evening trying to catch up on Bachelor in Paradise episodes.  Any other Paradise fans?  I was never really a fan of Nick, but I kinda feel bad for him now and want him to find love.  We are still a few episodes behind so no spoilers please 😉

Making Pita Bread on Snapchat

Photo from my Snapchat

Greek Chicken with Pita

Sunday we were up pretty early because Tom went up to school for a coaches meeting.  So I got up, walked the dog, and then went to a yoga session at Live Out Loud Yoga Studio in La Plata.  I had never been before so I was pleasantly surprised when Cindy told me the Sunday 10:00am Karma Yoga class was free to the community, they just ask that you bring a canned food item for them to donate to the local food bank.  Anyone that is local needs to take advantage of this class.  Let me know if you ever want to go because I would enjoy going with a friend 😉  I love a good Sunday stretch yoga class and that’s exactly what we went through.  Sometimes we were flowing, other times we were holding a pose and feeling the lengthening and stretching in our shoulders, backs, arms, and legs.  I felt so refreshed after and happy that it wasn’t even noon yet, I still had the rest of the day to enjoy.

Live Out Loud Yoga Studio in La Plata

Live Out Loud Yoga Studio in La Plata

The rest of Sunday was the usual.  Laundry, meal prep, writing, and getting ready for the week.  Then for dinner we made Italian Burgers stuffed with a little cheese and prosciutto, I found this recipe on Pinterest and have been anxiously waiting to try it.  And I served them with a side of Greek Fries and steamed broccolini.  It was delicious.  Then of course the usual Sunday question came, to Sundae or not to Sundae.  We decided to dig into one of the new Arctic Zero flavors Brownie Blast I had received from their team and watch the VMA’s for the rest of the evening.  I ate mine in between two Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies with sprinkles of course!

Italian Burgers and Greek Fries

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie and Arctic Zero Brownie Blast Sandwich -Sweet and Strong Blog

And that was the perfect ending to a nice relaxing weekend.  Today is my first day with students and my first day teaching elementary PE after teaching math for six years so be sure to check back on Friday to see how the week went!

Thanks to Katie and Meghan for today’s Weekend Highlights and Week in Review link ups.

After all of this weekends delicious meals I literally don’t understand how people can say healthy food doesn’t taste good, it’s all about how you prepare it.  And when you’re using real, natural ingredients everything is better for you!  Sorry, small rant thinking back to last week’s Fixing Your Excuses Post.

What was one highlight from your weekend?

How do you log your workouts?  I’m in need of some sort of a system.

19 Comments on New Workouts and Weekend Highlights

1. Susie @ Suzlyfe
    August 29, 2016 at 11:04 am (1 year ago)

I have an old school planner for my workouts and runs. I like being able to see everything in one place and then having the extra day by day sections where I can write notes!

August 29, 2016 at 9:20 pm (1 year ago)

Yes that’s what I need to do, but so many of my workouts are digital, but I’m not into the digital planners. I enjoy writing things down. Thanks for the tips Susie.

2. Kat
    August 29, 2016 at 1:34 pm (1 year ago)

Good luck today with your PE class!! I bet it is going to be so much fun. Every kid loves PE 🙂 And seriously those cookie ice cream sandwiches? NEEEEEED.

August 29, 2016 at 9:19 pm (1 year ago)

Yes that’s what everyone keeps telling me, and they sure did today! And just recently obsessed with putting ice cream between cookies, like how did I not think of that sooner?!?

3. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    August 29, 2016 at 1:42 pm (1 year ago)

I want to go to the good karma yoga class. It sounds lovely and I adore the concept of donating a canned good. What a fantastic studio.

Also I could eat cheese and crackers for a meal too. They’re just too good. Toss in a side of veggies and you got a full on balanced meal. Also I’m swooning over those Greek fries. Holy yum.

Happy Monday and thanks for linking up!

August 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Meghan! I know right about the yoga class, I love that they offer that class. And it’s on Sundays which is the easiest day for me to go. AND OMG you must make those fries, they were so good my husband and I almost ate the whole pan of them, hehe.

August 29, 2016 at 1:46 pm (1 year ago)

Arctic Zero is so refreshing and good; I’m not quite as much a fan as regular icecream, but it is still really good! Your nails looks really pretty!

I would love to try a yoga stretching class some day soon!

August 29, 2016 at 9:17 pm (1 year ago)

None of these alternatives actually beat regular ice cream, but I definitely feel less full after eating a bowl. Have a great week Emily!

5. Kerri McGrail
    August 29, 2016 at 10:32 pm (1 year ago)

I love doing yoga on sundays! it just seems so calming! I dont typically log my workouts but I try to plan them ahead if I am training for something!

August 29, 2016 at 10:50 pm (1 year ago)

I feel the same way about yoga on Sundays Kerri, it’s been my tradition for awhile. I love planning workouts ahead, I just never do it in the same notebook or planner, lol.

August 30, 2016 at 12:07 am (1 year ago)

I make playlists of the at home workouts I want to do on YouTube on the weekend. Then come the work week i just hit play on the playlist!

August 30, 2016 at 10:56 am (1 year ago)

Oh that’s a great idea, thanks Heather! I haven’t done too many YouTube workouts, any favorites?

August 31, 2016 at 9:24 pm (1 year ago)

I’ve heard of yoga with Adriene, I need to check that out now finally!

7. Sarah @ Sweet Miles
    August 30, 2016 at 3:36 am (1 year ago)

Bachelor in Paradise YES! Girl, we can totally chat about it! It’s my guilty pleasure.

August 30, 2016 at 10:56 am (1 year ago)

I know Sarah! Love all the drama! And I might go crazy if they keep making us listen to Josh grunting, lol.

8. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    August 31, 2016 at 12:02 pm (1 year ago)

Yoga on Sundays is the best! So is Arctic Blast!!!
    I’m hosting the Best of the Blogs linkup today! Hope you’ll stop by and linkup your favorite post of the month!

August 31, 2016 at 9:25 pm (1 year ago)

It was a great Sunday with Yoga and a healthier ice cream alternative 😉