Well Hello and Happy Halloween!  I hope you are coming off of a fantastic weekend.  As always I am wishing for an extra day in the weekend, but enjoyed every minute that I had.  Before I get to the Weekend Highlights can we please just take a moment to reflect on Halloween’s growing up.  My mom used to literally sew together all of our costumes.  The photo below is with my sisters, I’m the bride, my little sister is the princess, and my older sister is a scary beautiful hula girl.  This picture literally makes me LOL every time I look at it.

Throwback Halloween

Friday night was of course a high school football game.  My husband’s team won 35-7.  I can’t believe they only have one more regular season game left, then it’ll hopefully be play-off time.  How is Fall going by so fast?!?  After the game I went home and warmed up some leftovers to eat and tea because it was so cold out.  And I watched the end of Game 3 of the World Series, Go Tribe!

Saturday morning I woke up early and went up to the high school with my husband where he opened the stadium for me so I could run my first ever bleacher mile.  A bleacher mile is where you run up and down all the stairs on the home and away side and go around the curves of the track.  I still felt pretty good after it so I also ran a slow mile around the track.  My legs and butt were definitely feeling that workout on Sunday!

img_6382

Photo from my Instagram Story

After my workout I had the protein smoothie I had blended before I left the house and went straight to the grocery store to do the shopping for the week.  Then after shopping I met Tom for lunch at Panera.  He had the Bravo Turkey Sandwich and I had the Ancient Grains Chicken Salad and added hummus.  I didn’t even need any of the dressing because the hummus is so tasty.

img_6401

After lunch I stopped for some much needed self care time and tried to relax a bit as I got a manicure.  Obsessed with the color I picked out, it’s like a bluish grey and actually completely matches one of the walls in our house, lol.

img_6399

First time wearing my new Slip On Converse’s too and love them!

Once I got home I did some meal prep for the week, hard boiled eggs, steel cut oats, marinated chicken and cut veggies to roast on Sunday.  Then I made these Sweet Potato Skins to bring to a bonfire we were attending later that evening.  They tasted as good as they look!  If you haven’t tried sweet potatoes with taco spices you are seriously missing out!

Skinnytaste Sweet Potato Skins

Saturday night we hung out with friends, watched football and Game 4 of the World Series, and ate a lot of delicious foods.  Chili, homemade fried french fries and wings, chips and dip, and halloween treats all while sipping a few seasonal beers by the bonfire.  It was the perfect way to spend a beautiful Fall night if you ask me.

img_6392

As I mentioned in last weeks Friday Favorites on Sunday morning I went to go see my older sister run in the Marine Core Marathon in Virginia.  I had a decent viewing spot at the finish line, but somehow her tracker wasn’t completely accurate and I didn’t actually see her finish.  I was so bummed.  She was so worried she wouldn’t be able to finish, but she did!  Not the exact time she wanted but I am so proud of her for pushing through and making it to the finish line.  Amazing accomplishment Cindy you should feel so proud!  And in case this motivates anyone, the first place female was 44 years old! Wow!

Marine Core Marathon

After we made it out of all the Marathon traffic we really wanted to get good burgers from Good Stuff Eatery, only to realize once we were standing in the front that they were closed on Sundays.  We really wanted to try the Trump and Hilary burgers and cast our vote.  But we made plans to do it next Saturday and walked next door to Sweetgreen for giant salads.

img_6402

We each got one of the new Fall menu items with spicy broccoli as an addition because YUM and both salads were delicious.  This was also the first time I couldn’t finish my salad and brought almost half of it home.

Sweetgreen Fall Salads

Then Sunday evening was pretty chill.  I wrote this post, watched some football and baseball, and roasted a sheet pan of chicken and veggies for lunches for the week.  Oh and for dinner I basically made this Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow and snacked on a few pieces of Halloween candy.  But hey I had giant salads most of the weekend and tomorrow I start Week 8 of the Kayla Itsines BBG 😉

Football, Giant Salads, A Bonfire, and Marathon. Perfect weekend with family and friends @sweetgreen @panera #MIMM Click To Tweet

21 Day Fix EXTREME - Extreme Fitness. Simple Eating. Serious Results.

Thanks to Meghan and Katie for today’s Week in Review and Weekend Highlights link ups.

When was the last time you ran a race?

Which burger would you try ‘Trump’ or ‘Hilary’? (I wonder how they came up with them)

What was one workout you did this weekend?

18 Comments on Football, Giant Salads, A Marathon, and other Weekend Highlights

1. Avatar
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    October 31, 2016 at 11:58 am (3 years ago)

I am IN LOVE with your nailpolish color!! It is perfect for fall, too! I’ve never heard of a bleacher mile??! Were you sore the next day? Maybe i’ll try one after I run my marathon, haha. Congrats to your sister. My goal is just to finish this weekend! Off to check out that puppy chow. Have a great week!

October 31, 2016 at 5:34 pm (3 years ago)

I love the color Sarah! And good luck this weekend, you’ll do great. My sister said she was surprised by how many people were walking for a bit of it, herself included. So no shame if you have to stop, it happens.

October 31, 2016 at 5:34 pm (3 years ago)

Just finished the leftovers for lunch Heather, they were yummy! Why do salads taste so much better when someone else makes them?

2. Avatar
    Emily
    October 31, 2016 at 1:48 pm (3 years ago)

Your sister is so cool! Wow, and I love that you went to cheer her along. You are a blessing to her, I’m sure! 🙂 And a bleacher mile sounds OUCH!

October 31, 2016 at 5:35 pm (3 years ago)

She was definitely happy I was there Emily. But I wouldn’t have missed it. Yea the bleacher mile was tough, I either couldn’t feel my legs at the end because they were sore or because of the cold, lol.

3. Avatar
    Kat
    October 31, 2016 at 1:50 pm (3 years ago)

I love that nail color! I am obsessed with neutral tones and greys for fingernails. I have a purple/grey that I ADORE.

October 31, 2016 at 5:36 pm (3 years ago)

Yes I am all about the fall nail colors. I even wear them during the summer too 😉

4. Avatar
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    October 31, 2016 at 2:26 pm (3 years ago)

I broke open the Halloween candy last night too. I have no regrets and in fact I’m impressed I just now busted into it. I think that shows amazing self restraint. 😉

I love your manicure color too. It’s fantastic. Also those potato skins look phenomenal.

Go Tribe!!

October 31, 2016 at 5:37 pm (3 years ago)

Same about the Halloween candy. And I only ate like four pieces and was like, this doesn’t taste as good as I remember. I think I’m spoiled with all the baked treats I’ve been making lately. And Please Indians WIN tomorrow!!!!

5. Avatar
    Cora
    October 31, 2016 at 6:07 pm (3 years ago)

I’ve been loving that color when I see it on other peoples’ nails. I’ve been meaning to ask my friend to borrow it – when I feel up to a little self pampering evening I suppose. Congratulations to your sister! Doesn’t matter the time – to me anything that finishes a race like that deserves ALL the pats on the back. A wonderful weekend of gooood eats as usual!

October 31, 2016 at 9:56 pm (3 years ago)

That’s what I tried to tell my sister. It’s all about pushing through and finishing. And I seriously live for good eats on the weekend!

6. Avatar
    Evangeline
    November 1, 2016 at 3:05 am (3 years ago)

Looks like such a fun weekend! Argh bleacher miles are rough. I remembering doing them during track season last spring. Painful. That’s so wonderful you got to go support your sister. I bet that meant a lot to her. The marathon distance is insane, so I have tons of respect for anyone who finishes one.

November 2, 2016 at 3:45 pm (3 years ago)

I feel the same about a marathon. I could never do it so nothing but respect. And yes the bleacher mile, we used to have to do them in soccer and track!

7. Avatar
    Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    November 1, 2016 at 7:17 am (3 years ago)

Hello slip on converse! I haven’t seen those before! And I have only just bought new white converse… Oh well!
    Those salads look so yummy – I don’t blame you for adding on spicy broccoli!

November 2, 2016 at 3:46 pm (3 years ago)

I noticed the slip-ons on a fashion blog and knew I had to have them! And all about the spicy broccoli, I could probably eat an entire bowl of it 😉

8. Avatar
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    November 1, 2016 at 12:26 pm (3 years ago)

What a great weekend! Those homemade outfits are everything!!! Costumes have come a long way- haha! I used to always wear my ballet costume from the year before.
    I had the ancient grains salad too– without the chicken. The hummus would have been a perfect addition!

November 2, 2016 at 3:47 pm (3 years ago)

Costumes really have come a long way! And that’s a great idea to wear your dance costume. Not too many people are original these days.