I am so beyond excited today is Friday, and the weekend is so close I can feel it!  We have no definite plans on Saturday besides the usual errands and watching college football.  Then on Sunday my older sister is running in the DC Marine Core Marathon.  I am excited to head into the city and cheer her on Sunday morning and then grab a good bite to eat after of course.  She’s hoping to qualify for Boston, which means you need a 3:30, so wish her some luck!  I should probably bring her a few of these Friday Favorites for after the run too huh!

Favorite Fall Snacks

Anyone else obsessed with all things apple, pear, and pumpkin now that it’s Fall?  I picked up these Fall snacks, Chobani Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple yogurts and Larabar and Cliff Bar Pumpkin, Snickerdoodle, and Hot Chocolate flavors at my local grocery store and none of them disappoint.  One spice almost all of these Fall flavors have in common is cinnamon, which is one of my favorites.  I think a little cinnamon makes any snack or treat a little tastier.

Friday Favorites, Fall Snacks

Friday Favorites, Fall Snacks

Favorite Way to get Cozy

Dare I say decorating for Fall might be more exciting for me than Christmas.  I don’t own a ton of Fall decor but I love the pumpkins, leaves, wreaths, colors, and scents that represent Fall.  One easy way to decorate for the cooler months is to change your bedding to a Fall color scheme and stack your bed with quilts and throw blankets for chilly nights.  Crane & Canopy is a San Francisco based company that specializes in luxury bedding made from the finest cotton at an affordable price. As a part of their How to Create a Cozy Fall Ready Bedroom Blog Series I thought I wanted to share a few of my favorite color schemes and bedding pieces that can all be purchased from the Crane and Canopy website.

Create a Cozy Fall Bed

Ashbury Yellow Duvet I Diamond Circlet Throw Pillow Raindrop Throw Pillow I Sunset Grey Duvet

Creat a cozy Fall bed

Clementina Coral Duvet I Seafoam Green and White Throw Pillow I Valencia Plum Duvet

Create a Cozy Fall Ready Bedroom with luxurious bedding from @craneandcanopy #fall #cozy Click To Tweet

Crane and Canopy Home Decor

Stone Herringbone Throw I Owl Wine Stopper I Navy Cable Knit Throw I Coral Patterned Throw I Lavender Almond Linen Spray

Get sweaty in style. Carbon38. Shop Now

Favorite Healthier Halloween Treat

While I wish I could afford to pass out healthy mini granola bars or these chocolates to every trick or treater that came to my door, my wallet says I need to keep them all to myself.  Plus these Mini Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups are delicious I don’t want to share anyways 😉  I love that they are certified organic and made with quality ingredients.  But yes I did also buy some milky ways, kit kats, and twix I’m sure I’ll get my hands on, because YOLO.  Enjoy your Halloween treats, but in moderation my friends.

Friday Favorites, Healthy Halloween Treat

Friday Favorites, Healthy Halloween Treat

Favorite Way to Brighten Someones Day

How excited do you get when you see a package on your doorstep or in your mailbox, especially one that you weren’t expecting?!?  That happened to me on Tuesday, when I opened the package it was a sweet little ‘just because’ gift from my friend Liz who lives in Chicago.  I haven’t seen my college girlfriends since our Reunion in Columbus last spring so it was nice to receive a small token of how much our friendship means.  This package brightened my day and put the biggest smile on my face, thank you Liz!

Friday Favorites

Favorite New Workouts and Recipes

This week was one of those weeks that I had to make every dinner, we had no plans to eat out or frozen leftover meals, so it was a full week of cooking.  On Mondays I have been making a sheet pan of chicken and vegetables to put on salads for the week.  And other delicious recipes I tried were these Egg Roll Bowls from the New Skinnytaste Cookbook Fast and Slow.  And since Wednesday was national pumpkin day I celebrated with this Healthy Creamy Pumpkin Pasta made with Banza Chickpea noodles (gluten free, high in fiber & protein).  Both recipes were very tasty and will most definitely be repeated in the weekly menu.

Friday Favorites

Photo from my Instagram Story

This week I also kind of started following a workout program.  I decided to start at Week 7 of Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide since I’ve had the guide for awhile and only used it for inspiration.  Well, I followed this week pretty precisely, her workouts combine cardio and strength training moves.  With a few added exercises because I had extra time, I am probably the sorest I have been in awhile!  Most likely going to be taking it easy in the workout department this weekend.

Favorite Quick Breakfast

I’m sure you know by now my Power Oatmeal with either old-fashioned or steel-cut oats is typically my go to breakfast.  While I usually have it prepped ahead, I picked up some of these Bob’s Red Mill single serving oatmeal cups for days that I don’t.  I love that these are flavored, but still have good quality ingredients, unlike many other flavored brands, plus they have the addition of flax and chia seeds for added nutrients.  Especially now that the weather is getting quite chilly in the mornings I love warming up with my bowl of oats.

Friday Favorites, Fall Breakfast

Favorite Links Around the Web

Enjoying some Halloween Candy this weekend?  Better get those workout shoes ready.  Read this Workout Guide to Burn Halloween Candy from the Lucille Roberts, The Women’s Gym Blog.

I am always getting asked about Meal Prep Tips and this Popsugar Meal-Prep Tips for Weight Lose article hits all of my suggestions I give others.

We all go through times where we feel our body needs a little reset and I fully support eating real foods to naturally detox the organs.  This MindBodyGreen Article outlines what to Eat to Support 6 Organs of Elimination.

Lastly, I needed a dish to bring to a staff luncheon today and couldn’t decide on which Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow Recipe to bring Sally’s or Julie’s.  So I made them both and will report back Monday with my favorite, YUM!

Pumpkin, Chocolate, Gifts, Cozy Bedding, and other #FFavorites Click To Tweet

What’s your favorite Halloween candy?

When was the list time you received or gave a ‘just because’ gift?

Do you decorate your bedroom for Fall?

22 Comments on Pumpkin bars, Chocolate, Fall Bedding, and other Friday Favorites

October 28, 2016 at 11:59 am (1 year ago)

I’ve never seen that oatmeal that would be great for taking to work!

October 28, 2016 at 9:52 pm (1 year ago)

Yes exactly what I was thinking Heather!

2. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    October 28, 2016 at 12:00 pm (1 year ago)

Glad you had a good week! That pink box is adorable! I’m so glad you made and liked my Pumpkin Pasta- yay!!

October 28, 2016 at 9:52 pm (1 year ago)

Anything pink really makes me smile, lol. And yes it was so good and creamy! Didn’t have any cheese though, so I will be adding that the next time I make it 😉

3. Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    October 28, 2016 at 2:18 pm (1 year ago)

Good luck to your sister! I wish her the best. It is my goal to one day qualify for Boston, I hope she kicks butt! Where did you find those Chobani flavors? Yummmm! Have a great weekend!

October 28, 2016 at 9:51 pm (1 year ago)

I found them at my local grocery store which is a Safeway. We don’t always have every seasonal flavor I see on social media, but they at least had those! Have a great weekend Sarah.

4. Anna-Marie @BeautyandtheBeets
    October 28, 2016 at 2:47 pm (1 year ago)

I haven’t seen those Chobani flavors here in Florida yet. Wonder if they think we don’t celebrate the colder weather???? Happy Friday!

October 28, 2016 at 9:50 pm (1 year ago)

Haha, maybe they think you skip Fall. That’s unfortunate though because I love seasonal flavors! Hope you find them!

October 28, 2016 at 3:17 pm (1 year ago)

Ooh, that’s a good idea to roast a bunch of veggies at the beginning of the week! I have a tone of veggies to roast. I hope your sister’s marathon goes super well! 🙂 And I love to go get the candy from the store after Halloween, because it’s cheap! 🙂

October 28, 2016 at 9:49 pm (1 year ago)

Yes I always buy Candy or treats after the holiday, great minds thing alike 😉

6. Ciara
    October 29, 2016 at 12:26 am (1 year ago)

Where can you buy that oatmeal?! I had to give up my overnight oats ever since I went ‘mostly’ gluten free (ever since I stopped eating those overnight oats, I’ve had way less stomach problems!) Since it’s gluten free, I’d love to check it out.

I LOVE just because gifts. I haven’t given any in a while.. but you’ve inspired me. And they don’t even have to be pricey. Something small is perfect too. 🙂

October 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm (1 year ago)

I found them at my local grocery store a Safeway. They weren’t in the Oatmeal aisle though, they were on the end of a random aisle. I’m that person that looks at EVERYTHING at the store.

7. Kaylin@EnticingHealthyEating
    October 29, 2016 at 1:34 am (1 year ago)

The “tickled pink” gift box is so cute! I’ve never seen that idea, and I’ve seen quite a few theme box ideas. So creative. Favorite Halloween candies are 3 Musketeers and dark chocolate of any sorts.

October 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm (1 year ago)

Yes all about dark chocolate!

8. Cora
    October 29, 2016 at 2:26 am (1 year ago)

You are the fall snack QUEEN. Look at that loot! I’ve never had a larabar, to be honest, but I am most definitely obsessed with any and all things pumpkin/apple/pear right now.
    Oh my gosh – what a wonderful friend you have. Random acts of kindness like that are truly the most amazing thing.
    Have fun being away this weekend cheering on your sister! I look forward to hearing about it – and all the good food that I’m sure will foliow the race – when you are back.

October 31, 2016 at 5:30 pm (1 year ago)

Oh Cora you must try a Larabar, they’re a great quick snack and I love that they have very few ingredients. I wish they made more things pear flavored, that’s definitely one of my favorites!

9. Allie
    October 29, 2016 at 10:28 am (1 year ago)

I’m going to have to get my hands on some of those Dark Chocolate peanut butter cups. Both of the puppy chow’s look amazing so I can’t wait to see which one wins for taste. Have a great weekend

October 31, 2016 at 5:31 pm (1 year ago)

I only had time to make one of them, so I’ll try the other another weekend, lol. It was delicious those as are the peanut butter cups. They’re pricy but so worth it!

10. Jessie @ The Acquired Sass
    October 30, 2016 at 11:52 pm (1 year ago)

I love to keep one of those little oatmeal containers at my desk in case of emergency, like I leave my breakfast at home on the kitchen counter, or my lunch didn’t do the trick and I’m starving by 1PM. Whatever the case may be. Definitely a lifesaver.

October 31, 2016 at 5:33 pm (1 year ago)

Oh Jessie, that is a great idea I haven’t thought of. I warm up oatmeal right before I leave for work and throw it in a Tupperware, I’m always so afraid I’m going to forget it one day though.

11. cakespy
    November 1, 2016 at 1:06 pm (1 year ago)

Wow, so much tasty inspiration! Had no idea about the Justin’s cups (YUM) and loving that egg roll bowl!

November 2, 2016 at 3:48 pm (1 year ago)

I hope Justin’s makes them for other holidays too as these were just Halloween ones, they were so yummy!