One of my the many reasons I love Fall is for all the game day football food that comes with it.  Sure the cooler temperatures, leaves changing colors, and PSL’s are great and yes my family is obsessed with watching football, but honestly I’m usually all about the food!  I shared on Friday that this past weekend we had a few of my husbands coaching friends over for an afternoon of Game Day Party Snacks and watching their favorite college teams (plus the Indians because #CLE).  I really wanted to use this gathering as a chance to make a few of my husbands favorite recipes and a few I have been drooling over on Pinterest and needed a reason to make.  So today I’m linking up with Jenn from http://www.peasandcrayons.com for What I Ate Wednesday featuring the spread of delicious food I had on Saturday for Game Day.

Game Day Party Recipes

Since it’s WIAW I’ll share that on Saturday morning before all the festivities I did go for a 3 mile run and had a post workout smoothie with strawberries, spinach, Shakeology, and half a banana.  Probably the healthiest thing I ate all day, opps.  Then I didn’t eat again until late afternoon when I had some of the snacks laid out.  Of course every party needs charcuterie, cheese, meat, and crackers (<- favorite clean crackers) and I also wanted to try Pretzel Crisps new flavor, Everything Pretzel Thins, yum they were delicious.  My favorite cheese I always have at gatherings is Kerrygold’s Dubliner, found by the deli but reasonably priced.  And I thought since we were drinking beer, mixed nuts such as cashew, almonds, pistachios would also make yummy snacks.  Along with that we had other chips and Skinnypop Popcorn of course.

Game Day Party Recipes
Game Day Party Recipes

Photo from my Instagram

Other appetizer food I made were my Buffalo Chicken Meatballs which are always a hit, with some veggies and ranch, my Pizza logs, then I also tried my best at these Soft Pretzel Bites with spicy mustard and cheese sauce for dipping.  They weren’t as pretty as Sally’s, but they were definitely delicious!  I had no idea homemade soft pretzels were so easy to make.  These are officially on the must have game day food list.

Game Day Party Recipes

Game Day Party Recipes

Game Day Party Recipes

For more of a main dish I served this Chicken Chili with tortilla chips(<- my favorite) and had BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches (recipe coming soon) with this homemade slaw.

Game Day Party RecipesPhoto from my Instagram

Game Day Party Recipes

Then dessert, my favorite, I made Chocolate Chip Cookies, they’re kind of staple for any gathering I host or attend and these Chewy Fudgy Brownies, which are literally like eating fudge, amazing!

Game Day Party Recipes

Game Day Party Recipes

Since eating appetizers is one of my favorite ways to dine, you better believe I tried a little bit of everything and was super happy by how amazing it all turned out.  The saddest part of making all the food is seeing how quickly it went, but was definitely thoroughly enjoyed by all.  And on Sunday after eating a few leftovers and a brownie…. or two I was so ready for a week of clean eating.

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter where I try to share my daily meals for healthy recipe inspiration.  And check out past What I Ate Wednesday Posts Here.

[ctt template=”4″ link=”xV8n5″ via=”yes” ]All the Game Day Party Recipes featured in today’s #WIAW @sweetandstrong_[/ctt]

What are your favorite Game Day Recipes?

College or Professional Football?

Tell me something delicious on your plate this week?

19 Comments on What I Ate Wednesday, Game Day Party Recipes

October 19, 2016 at 4:20 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Morgan, feeding people is one of my favorite things =)

October 19, 2016 at 1:51 pm (1 year ago)

Oh wow, that is a super delicious looking spread! I love days filled with yummy appetizers. We didn’t watch football on Sunday, but we did have appetizers in the afternoon with friends from church. I loved this paleo chicken dip that we made. 🙂

October 19, 2016 at 4:19 pm (1 year ago)

Chicken dip is definitely a favorite of mine. And isn’t snacking on appetizers the best? Love when weekends are filled with delicious foods.

2. Kat
    October 19, 2016 at 1:55 pm (1 year ago)

I’m an equal opportunist when it comes to sports. I pretty much watch it all, which means during football season my Saturdays and Sundays are spent in front of the TV. haha I love football!!
    Girl this spread is INCREDIBLE!! My daddy and little brother come over every Sunday to watch football since I have the NFL package. I put out chips and salsa each time, then make some kind of soup or stew for lunch. Last week I also made some stuffed mini bell peppers and they LOVED them! I was shocked – so those will definitely be in the regular spread!!

October 19, 2016 at 4:18 pm (1 year ago)

We are the SAME here Kat! I love football, but it literally consumes our weekend. Stuffed mini bell peppers sound delicious, so nice of you to spend that time with your family!

October 19, 2016 at 4:41 pm (1 year ago)

I love party snacks… football is the best excuse to spend the day grazing with friends.

October 23, 2016 at 1:56 pm (1 year ago)

Isn’t having party snacks the best? It’s like I can eat more because I’m just picking a little bit of everything 😉

4. Cora
    October 19, 2016 at 10:48 pm (1 year ago)

Dear LORD. I just ate and now I’m starving again. I want everryytthinnnggg here. But especially those meat balls. For some reason they sound extra tantalizing. Your friends must have thought they’d died and gone to heaven!!! Lucky them to have you!

October 23, 2016 at 1:57 pm (1 year ago)

I always get hungry look at blog posts about food. And I love buffalo wings, so the meatballs are an easier and healthier version.

5. GiGi Eats
    October 20, 2016 at 4:05 am (1 year ago)

UHHH wanna cater my wedding? LOL!

October 23, 2016 at 1:57 pm (1 year ago)

Aw! I wish I was thatttt talented, lol

October 20, 2016 at 12:17 pm (1 year ago)

Woah can I come to one of your parties?! 😀 You should try Hot For Food Blog’s BBQ Cauliflower wings–seriously you will die!

October 23, 2016 at 1:58 pm (1 year ago)

Yes of course Heather! And I did the cauliflower once and LOVED it! Surprisingly my husband did too, great way to get those veggies in.

7. Wiktoria
    October 20, 2016 at 10:19 pm (1 year ago)

Hey! I love this blog post and ahhh all this food looks so good 😍 I thought you may be interested in the contest we are running. You can win the new Apple Watch Nike + A perfect partner for your active lifestyle.
    If you’re interested, you can enter here >> http://bysha.pe/zcczw Feel free to share the contest with your fans
    Enjoy your day x

8. Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    October 21, 2016 at 1:33 am (1 year ago)

Thanks for telling me that pretzel bites are so easy to make. I am adding them to my list! You definitely are the hostest with the mostest!

October 23, 2016 at 1:59 pm (1 year ago)

Yea I haven’t ever tried twisting pretzels, but making them into buts was easy peasy. Pretty much just like making pizza dough.

9. Chrissa - Physical Kitchness
    October 23, 2016 at 8:25 pm (1 year ago)

Oh how I LOVE game day grub!! I typically drink gluten free beer but that SA Oktoberfest is my weakness. I love a good fall beer!

October 24, 2016 at 10:33 pm (1 year ago)

Sam Adams sure know how to make some good beers right!