I literally couldn’t think of any other title for this post because my weekend mostly consisted of eating delicious food and lots of fitness.  I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to rock this Monday.  I’m sure you all are as excited as I am that this is the last full week before Thanksgiving, I’m so ready for a few relaxing days offs.  But for now here are my weekends highlights.

Friday night I went to my husbands playoff game in Annapolis.  It was a close game, but his team ended up losing and ending their season.  It’s so hard that if you make the playoffs most teams end their season with a lose.  Now we both have this feeling of what to do with ourselves on Friday Nights.

Saturday morning I met up with a few friends for a Flywheel class.  It was a tough and sweaty one, I was so close to finishing on the Torq Board, UH!  I really love doing the sprints in spin class, while I think others like the hills.  Which do you prefer?

img_0005

Lululemon Crop Leggings

After class I hit up Whole Foods Market on my way back to Southern MD.  There are a few items I can’t find in my grocery store that I like to always stock up on.   And of course I made a bowl at the food bar to take home with me for lunch.

img_6542

Greens with roasted seasonal vegetables, superfood salad, and Mediterranean chicken.

Whole Foods Market Top Pics

Just a few of the items I make the Whole Foods trip for:  $20 for a package of Wild Caught Salmon filets.  Synergy Kombucha Trilogy flavor, Tessemae’s Salad Dressings, The Perfect Bar Protein Bars, Sauerkraut, Ezekiel Bread and all their other fresh baked breads, pizza dough, Halo Top protein ice cream, their Cheese selection, nut butters, gluten free tortillas (both these have very few ingredients, as opposed to other corn or gluten free options), and their entire meat department for nitrate free bacon and other cold cuts.  And I did not pick up any of their fresh Chicken Sausages and regretting it now, try the Atomic Sausages, I DARE you!  And these are just a few of the items that make the hour drive totally worth it!

The rest of Saturday was cleaning, some meal prep, and then I went up to Tom’s high school to help work the concession stand for a youth football and cheerleading tournament.  I literally hadn’t worked a concession stand since high school, brought me back to those days.  When we got home we made some pizzas for dinner and watched some college football, pretty typical Saturday night for us in the Fall.  I usually make my own dough, but to save some time I bought them from Whole Foods.  I love that their dough has minimal ingredients, as opposed to the refrigerated dough at my local grocery store.  And they taste delicious.  We did Margherita and Pepperoni pizzas.  This Applegate Pepperoni is my favorite, again because of the ingredients list.

img_0007

Sunday morning we slept in a bit and after a cup of coffee I headed back to Flywheel Sports for a complimentary Flybarre class I was given because of the class package I purchased.  FlyBarre is a total body sculpting class that combines light-weight training and core strengthening exercises with some dance like movements.  FlyBarre is a bit more fast paced than a traditional Barre class.  We used light weights, I used 3 pounds, resistance bands, and a small exercise ball.  After 45 minutes my arms and core were on fire and my legs were literally shaking by the end.  I love the combination of big and small movements for a great full body workout.

FlyBarre

Portion Fix Eating Plan - Tired of Counting Calories? Lose Weight with Simple Portion Control!

After FlyBarre I walked down the street to Jrink Juicery, I had been wanting to try their fresh juices for awhile now.  I ordered the seasonal Pumpkin Chai made with Pumpkin, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Lucuma, Vanilla Bean, Chai Spices, Dates & Sea Salt.  It was like Fall in a glass and I savored every sip!  I also purchased a Clean me Up 2 with Apple, Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric to enjoy later this week.  And I already can’t wait for my next Jrink visit because I wanted to order everything from their menu.

Jrink

Photo from my Instagram

Jrink

Then it was a trip to Target, more meal prep, and laundry to wrap up Sunday afternoon.  For dinner I made a sheet pan of Italian Chicken and Veggies and will use the leftovers on salads throughout the week.  Then had some M&M’s and candy corn for dessert, and now all the Halloween candy is official out of our house, phew!  After indulging in lots of pizza and candy this weekend I’m ready for some clean eating and strength training workouts this week.

Linking up with Meghan and Katie, you can read previous Weekend Highlights here.  Hope you all have a fabulous week!

Spin, Barre, Pizza, Juice, could not have been a better weekend for this food and fitness lover… Click To Tweet

Have you tried Flybarre or a Barre class before?

Favorite pizza toppings?

What was the highlight of your weekend?

20 Comments on Food, Fitness, and other Weekend Highlights

November 14, 2016 at 1:30 pm (1 year ago)

Sounds like a perfect weekend–food and fun and fitness! Whats better? That juice bar place sounds good–i love trying new places!

November 14, 2016 at 10:12 pm (1 year ago)

As long as my weekend has food, fitness, and some fun with good people its been a good one 😉

2. Juli
    November 14, 2016 at 2:12 pm (1 year ago)

Your pizza looks delicious! I made pizza this weekend, too. My dough kinda exploded and I made a huge mess but it’s so worth it! I love that you can just buy great pre-made dough at the supermarket in America. The pre-made one you get in Germany is not very nice and full of preservatives. Getting a take out is the better alternative.

November 14, 2016 at 10:13 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Juli! I only really like to use the whole foods or Trader Joes dough though because all the others are filled with preservatives. And I do enjoy making it myself too, definitely worth the mess.

November 14, 2016 at 3:04 pm (1 year ago)

I’ve seen so many good things about Barre, but the description of shaking and feeling like you had a really good workout is pretty appealing to me! 🙂

Favorite Pizza Toppings: Chicken, spinach, artichokes and a white sauce! 🙂

November 14, 2016 at 10:14 pm (1 year ago)

Oh yes my legs were shaking on the last song, but it felt amazing and I wasn’t too incredibly sore today. And omg that pizza sounds amazing, I need to try that.

4. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    November 14, 2016 at 6:35 pm (1 year ago)

The pizza looks amazing. I swear I could live off that stuff, although I would need a salad from time to time and maybe that juice….ok fine, pizza is wonderful and magical but I couldn’t live off it, although I wouldn’t mind trying.

I would love to do a FlyWheel class. They sound like such fun, and I’m a huge fan of spinning. I love the sprints and the hills equally.

November 14, 2016 at 10:16 pm (1 year ago)

If you enjoy spin you would LOVE flywheel. The music and motivation is awesome. And I thought I would never say this but after eating pizza for two days, I’m not really craving it today. We’ll see how long that lasts though, hehe.

5. Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
    November 15, 2016 at 2:31 am (1 year ago)

I so wish we had a Jrink here in Madison– I think it would do really well! Maybe I’ll open one 😉

November 16, 2016 at 4:24 pm (1 year ago)

I literally always dream about opening up a gym or healthy food restaurant!

6. Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
    November 15, 2016 at 3:07 am (1 year ago)

Ah, man, I haven’t had pepperoni pizza in so long. I have to admit, margherita with good tomatoes and basil is one of my favorite choices for pizza. 🙂
    Sprints and climbs are both challenging and fun in different ways. Generally speaking, I think I prefer whichever one I’m not doing at the moment. So when I’m doing a hill, I think, “I’d much rather be doing sprints,” and when I’m doing sprints, I think, “I’d rather be doing a hill.”
    Sorry about your husband’s team, although it’s awesome that they made it to the playoffs. For your now open Fridays: Books? Netflix? Game night? Go walk around downtown? I especially like to do the latter during the holiday season.

November 16, 2016 at 4:25 pm (1 year ago)

That’s actually so true about the hills and sprints! And yes to all those Friday Activities, I’m doing some cooking and baking this Friday for a wine tour we’re going on. But around Christmas I love spending time out and enjoying the holiday decorations and vibes.

7. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com
    November 15, 2016 at 12:11 pm (1 year ago)

YUM! You’re right, a weekend full of yummy eats! I love love love whole foods salad/hot bar. I’d eat there everyday if it wasn’t so expensive. I haven’t tried Flybarre but it seems awesome. I need to get back into weights! Fave pizza toppings: prosciutto and basil!

November 16, 2016 at 4:26 pm (1 year ago)

I could easily live off of the whole foods bar. I wish all inclusive resorts were as nice as their food.

8. Cora
    November 15, 2016 at 2:28 pm (1 year ago)

I’ve never heard of flybarre but I’ve been wanting to try a regular barre class for a while now. I used to dance so I think it would be a perfect combination of fitness and fun. I’ve had the biggest craving for a prosciutto pizza this past week. I didn’t even used to know what that was, but ever since I had it on pizza this summer that’s the only pizza topping I want!

November 16, 2016 at 4:27 pm (1 year ago)

Oh if you were a dance I think you would love Barre Cora, you definitely need to give it a try! And yes to prsciutto. I don’t always like it alone, but it’s so delicious on pizza!

9. Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    November 16, 2016 at 3:32 am (1 year ago)

Ugh I would kill for a Whole Foods or Trader Joes here! Then again sometimes I have to remind myself that we have access to the most amazing farmers markets selling delicious local fruit and veg week in and out – so I really can’t complain!
    Love the look of your chicken! Always so tasty doing a tray bake like that with lots of veggies! Yum!

November 16, 2016 at 4:28 pm (1 year ago)

I feel you a little Jen as ours are both an hour away so I don’t go very often. But farmers markets really are the best!

November 19, 2016 at 1:43 am (1 year ago)

I love when I haven’t been to a class in awhile and go!