It’s Friyayyyyy! I am so ready for the weekend after what seems like a quick but longggg week, how bout you? We will be enjoying the Fall weather and scenery by going on a Wine tour around Maryland and Virginia. Be sure to follow me on Instagram as we visit a few local wineries.
On Fridays I usually like to share some of my favorite food and fitness finds for Friday Favorites. Many of you that read my Weekend Highlights know that on Sunday I usually like to prep some chicken and vegetables to have for the week. I tweaked my favorite grilled chicken recipe so that it worked well in the oven for the cooler months. This is a quick and easy Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients on a Sheet Pan (I like Calphalon products) and bake in the oven, which makes for an easy clean up. If I make this we usually eat it for dinner two nights and then I use the rest of the leftovers for lunches throughout the week.
You can easily change up the vegetables and use whatever is in season. My favorite vegetables to use are zucchini, peppers, and onion. But I’ve also made this recipe with asparagus and brussels sprouts and it’s turned out great. This chicken pairs well with salad, rice, quinoa, potatoes, or couscous. It’s a favorite in our house because of how easy and delicious it is. Enjoy!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1-2 bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 white onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- any additional vegetables desired
- fresh chopped basil or parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the chicken, seasonings, olive oil, vinegar, lemon, and vegetables into a large bowl and toss to coat. Let this marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray two large nonstick sheet pans or use parchment paper for easy clean up. Spread chicken and vegetables out into a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn chicken and vegetables over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until tender. I also like to broil everything for 2-4 minutes at the end for crispier vegetables.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve.
Thanks to Heather for today’s Friday Favorites Link Up.
[bctt tweet=”Quick and Easy Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggie Dinner #healthy #healthyeathing” username=”sweetandstrong_”]
What’s your favorite quick and easy dinner recipe?
Any fun plans this weekend?
What’s one recipe you’re loving lately?