I hope this Monday finds you well and that you had a fantastic Saturday and Sunday relaxing, enjoying fun plans, and/or spending time with family and friends.  With perfect Fall temperatures, an extra hour of sleep, and the election only a few days away, there was a lot to be excited about in DC this weekend so here are all my Weekend Highlights.

Friday night was the last regular season game for my husbands football team.  They ended the season with a bang, winning 49-0 for a final regular season record of 9-1.  Now it’s time to get ready for the Playoffs which start this Friday night.

img_6475

Saturday morning I was up early to drive into DC to meet my sister for a Flywheel class.  In case you missed it last weekend she ran the Marine Core Marathon and was really excited to start doing some other workouts besides running and I’m always up for a good spin class.

img_6451

Couldn’t resist a Fly tank on my last visit.

And loving these crop leggings and this sports bra.

After sweating like crazy and leaving it all on the bike (literally couldn’t push my legs any faster on the last sprint) we then grabbed pour over coffee’s at Filter.  Pour over coffee is amazing and really cool to watch, I also really enjoy drinking it black to savor all the flavors.

Filter Pour Over Coffee

Did you see the video on my Insta Story?

Filter Pour Over Coffee

After walking around Dupont for a bit and stopping in a few shops we took the metro back to Capital Hill.  We had definitely worked up an appetite after an intense workout and walking about 5 miles around the city so we headed to Good Stuff Eatery to try the Election inspired Hilary and Trump Burgers.

Good Stuff Eatery Burgers

Carbon38. Get sweaty in style. Shop Now

The Trump is topped with Swiss cheese, champagne mushrooms, onion straws and lemon truffle mayo.

Good Stuff Eatery Trump Burger

And the Hilary features muenster cheese, arugula, habanero caramelized onions and balsamic ketchup.  In order to not bring any political views in I’ll keep to myself which one I enjoyed more 😉

Good Stuff Eatery Hilary Burger

But I did find them both very DELICIOUS.  I’m so upset they’re only serving them through election day but I’m excited for my next visit to Good Stuff Eatery.  Only in DC would many of the bars and restaurants do Election inspired food and drink specials.

After eating all that deliciousness I drove back to southern MD to do some grocery shopping and meal prep.  I did some hard boiled eggs, energy bites, salad, steel cut oats, and cut up fresh fruit.  When I was finished I had a couple of hours to relax on the couch and catch up on some Real Housewives of OC before prime time football was on.  Then we enjoyed ‘dinner’ which was just some cheese, crackers, and other snacks with red wine of course.  Loved having a simple tapas night.

img_6467

Sunday morning we did enjoy sleeping in an extra hour, but were still up around 7:30 because my husband had to head to school to meet with the other coaches to make practice plans for the week.  While he was gone I walked the dog, went on a three mile run, and did a 20 minute Grokker Yoga video.  Then sat down with a Smoothie and browsed Pinterest for some recipe inspiration.

When my husband got home I had some Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes and scrambled eggs ready for brunch.  Loving making all things Pumpkin this time of year.

img_6474

Photo from my Instagram

The rest of Sunday involved laundry, cleaning, and getting things ready for the week ahead.  I took a break to write this post and walk the dog with Tom in the afternoon before it got too dark.  Then for dinner I warmed up leftover beef from these French Dip Sandwiches and just had to make the pepper and onions and Parsnip Fries from Juli’s Cookbook for an easy dinner.

img_6485

Then the weekend ended on the couch watching Sunday night football and snacking on this amazing combination of candy corn, popcorn and dark chocolate M&M’s as I savor every last piece of Halloween candy.

img_6461

3-Day Refresh

Spin, Election Inspired Burgers, and all the Weekend Highlights #MIMM @flywheel @chefspike Click To Tweet

Thanks to Meghan and Katie for todays link up.

Does your weekend usually end with a sweet treat?

Which sounds better the Trump or Hilary Burger?

Did you vote early or are you heading to the polls on Tuesday?

18 Comments on Spin, Election Inspired Burgers, and all the Weekend Highlights

1. Avatar
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    November 7, 2016 at 1:39 pm (3 years ago)

What a good weekend! I saw your cheese board on Instagram and we totally have dinners like that too. My fav! We’ll ususally take it outside to the firepit.

November 7, 2016 at 10:09 pm (3 years ago)

Oh yes, tapas by the fire pit sounds like a great idea! Especially now that it’s getting pretty chilly out at night.

2. Avatar
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    November 7, 2016 at 2:06 pm (3 years ago)

I love that candy corn, popcorn, m&m’s snack combo. It’s perfect! Congrats to your husband’s team!

November 7, 2016 at 10:10 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Sarah. And that combo yummy right! Problem is my dentist is probably not going to be too happy with me, hehe.

3. Avatar
    Cora
    November 7, 2016 at 2:12 pm (3 years ago)

You got the burgers! So now I’m going in to depths thinking of the reasoning behind each topping choice and what its supposed to say about their personalties…. I’m not sure if Trump is really a “lemon truffle mayo” kind of guy. Regardless. Droooool.
    And yes my weekend always ends on a sweet note. That combination sounds like the bomb.com.

November 7, 2016 at 10:11 pm (3 years ago)

We were wondering the same thing Cora! I couldn’t find a detailed description for the topping choices. They also have a Michelle, which is a lean turkey burger which makes sense and I can’t remember what’s on the Obama. I’ll have to ask next time!

4. Avatar
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    November 7, 2016 at 3:04 pm (3 years ago)

Man oh man do I miss spinning. I need to sign up for a class again soon. I’m hoping to join a new gym in January so that would be awesome.

I love the cheese platter. It’s one of my favorite easy, lazy day dinners.

November 7, 2016 at 10:12 pm (3 years ago)

You really should get back into Meghan. Especially now that it’s getting cold and I don’t know about you, but I don’t really enjoy runs in the freezing temperatures.

5. Avatar
    Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
    November 7, 2016 at 6:54 pm (3 years ago)

Sounds like both a fun and delicious week. As much as I miss step aerobics, I do love spin class. Is that what you’re going to be teaching with your new certification? It’s fun that you got to do that with your sister. I love going to fitness classes with my mom
    The idea of election burgers is fun, although I’m having a little bit of a hard time seeing what makes the Clinton Clinton-ish. Do they do that every election cycle?

November 7, 2016 at 10:13 pm (3 years ago)

I know I couldn’t find where they explained the topping choices. I think it was luxurious for Trump and Spicy for Hilary, whatever that means, lol.

6. Avatar
    Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    November 8, 2016 at 7:38 am (3 years ago)

Those burgers sound like a fun spin on the election! The Hilary sounds nicer to me though! Even over here in Australia, the American elections are the top news story… Everyone is really nervous… This decision really does affect the whole world!

November 8, 2016 at 1:28 pm (3 years ago)

Yes, both my sisters travel a lot for work and they get asked about the election all the time! It’s a big night tonight.

7. Avatar
    Jen
    November 8, 2016 at 11:31 am (3 years ago)

Just getting caught up with your blog! You are so amazing! What a fun filled, exciting weekend! You make it all sound glorious…even the work outs!

November 8, 2016 at 1:28 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Jen 🙂

8. Avatar
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot
    November 8, 2016 at 1:16 pm (3 years ago)

Both of those burger combos sound good–that was a great idea to split them to try them both! Sounds like a great weekend–I definitely like to end the weekend with a sweet treat. Great idea to add sweets to the popcorn–yum!

November 8, 2016 at 1:29 pm (3 years ago)

Yes I was glad my sister was totally in for trying both too. And having a sweet treat on Sunday makes thinking about Monday morning not so bad I guess. It’s a tradition I have no intention to stop 😉

9. Avatar
    Susie @ SuzLyfe
    November 8, 2016 at 10:21 pm (3 years ago)

you are my kind of girl, and any time Boom Chicka and candy are involved + fun fries and Flywheel? HELL TO THE YES.
    I wonder how many people pick the burger based on their political views regardless of their tastes, lol.

November 9, 2016 at 10:30 pm (3 years ago)

We were wondering the same thing about the burgers, the restaurant told us some people would order the ‘Hilary’ with the trump toppings just so she got a vote, lol.