Well hello there.  How are you on this Monday?  I hope many of you get to look forward to a short work week.  We have kids two days and then get to enjoy Wednesday-Friday off for Thanksgiving.  I am looking forward to doing lots of cooking, baking, and spending some time snuggled up on the couch especially after a busy weekend.  So lets get straight to the Weekend Highlights.

Friday night was our first night without high school football.  I went to the grocery store after work to buy a few things for the week and all the items for our Thanksgiving dinner.  When I got home I made some BBQ meatballs and Chocolate Chip Cookies and got a few snacks ready to bring with us on a Wine tour we were doing with a few friends Saturday.  Then I laid down on the couch found Mean Girls on TV and relaxed the rest of the evening.

img_0024

Photo from my Instagram

Saturday morning I was up early to get a quick workout in before meeting with friends for the Wine tour.  I warmed up a bit on the treadmill and then did this Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout.  Then we met for our limo ride really early so mimosas were a must.  I love combining proscecco and Bai Pomegranate juice.

img_0014

img_0023

Our first winery was Oak Crest in VA.  They are a family ran vineyard and have been around for several years.  During the tasting we had over 12 wines which included dry, sweet, sangria, and a delicious mulled wine.  I bought a pack of mulling spice mix that I might use on Thanksgiving.

img_0017

img_0018

Sweater // Scarf // Boots

img_0016

img_0015

I know we called this a Wine tour but we also made a Bourbon and Beer stop near Fredericksburg VA.  We stopped in A. Smith Bowman Distillery where they make their own gin, vodka, and bourbon.  Not being a huge fan of hard liquor I passed on the tasting, but the boys enjoyed.  However I did taste a bourbon cream that was delicious and would be amazing in coffee.

One of the workers suggested we take a short drive over to Spencer Devon Brewery where Tom and I shared a flight of hand crafted beers.  All the beers were really good, but if you’re ever in the area I highly suggest the Sunken Road Belgium Blonde.

img_0019

Our last stop was one of my favorite wineries I had been to several times before called Ingleside Vineyards.  They have a great outdoor area so after our tasting we sat down with a glass and some of the snacks we brought.  I chose a glass of cabernet, which is usually always my favorite wine.  Then it started to get super windy and time for us to head back to Southern MD for the night.  We picked up a pizza and crashed pretty early watching some college football.

img_0020 img_0021

Sunday morning it was nice to avoid all alarms and sleep in for a bit.  After some coffee I headed out to a Flywheel Spin class.  I knew after a day of some drinking I would desperately need to sweat it out and I sure did during class.  After I stopped at Glens Garden Market for a breakfast sandwich.  I went with the Greens & Grain, plus bacon (because bacon!).

img_0022

The rest of Sunday was laundry, a little meal prep, still pretty much the usually even though it will be a short week.  Then for dinner I had this White Chicken Chili cooking in the crockpot and may have eaten a few leftover cookies from our Saturday trip 😉

img_5882

Linking up with Meghan and Katie, you can read previous Weekend Highlights here.  Hope you all have a fabulous week!

Wine, Bourbon, and Beer touring in VA and other weekend highlights @InglesideWinery @asmithbowman Click To Tweet

Red or White wine?

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

What was the highlight of your weekend?

26 Comments on Wine Tour and Weekend Highlights

1. Avatar
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    November 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm (3 years ago)

Way to end on a cookie note, now I’m salivating, although truth be told, my salivary glands starting kicking in once I read your title: hello wine tour. Come to momma.

What a wonderful weekend filled with my favorite things: food, friends and booze. Enjoy your short week and soak up the relaxation!

November 22, 2016 at 1:17 am (3 years ago)

Isn’t some good wine the best every so often! Enjoy the holiday week Meghan!

2. Avatar
    Kaylee Gross
    November 21, 2016 at 2:57 pm (3 years ago)

Red, always red wine! A wine tour is definitely on my bucket list.
    Highlight of my weekend is that I got to relax since I have no school this week and spend quality time with my family. Watched Doctor Strange and did some Christmas shopping and errands.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Patricia!

November 22, 2016 at 1:18 am (3 years ago)

Way to get on the Christmas shopping early! I have yet to ever start before thanksgiving. And yes I am a fan of all red wine as well!

3. Avatar
    Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
    November 21, 2016 at 3:23 pm (3 years ago)

A wine tour in a limo! La dee dah! Sounds fun. 😉 Your fall outfit is adorable and perfect for a wine-tasting adventure. 🙂

November 22, 2016 at 1:19 am (3 years ago)

Yes, we used to get a party bus back when there were like 20 some of us going. But family and kids left us with only six people this year. And thanks, I thought it was the prefect Fall outfit and the weather cooperated so I didn’t need a coat 😉

4. Avatar
    Juli
    November 21, 2016 at 3:32 pm (3 years ago)

I can’t decide if I want the wine testing or beer testing more. And thanks for reminding me of the mulled wine spices that are sitting in my pantry waiting for the colder season. I completely forgot!

White wine girl here but lately I don’t mind me a glass of red occasionally!

November 22, 2016 at 1:20 am (3 years ago)

I know I’m actually a huge fan of both beer and wine. And yes to mulled wine, I’ve never made it myself before so I’m excited to enjoy some on thanksgiving.

5. Avatar
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    November 21, 2016 at 3:39 pm (3 years ago)

Your weekend sounds so fun! I LOVE your scarf, it’s so gorgeous. Winery tours are my favorite. Sounds like you are the perfect person to go with with all of your awesome snacks! 🙂

November 22, 2016 at 1:21 am (3 years ago)

Haha thanks Sarah, the chocolate chip cookies are always a hit and I’m pretty much known for brining them to any gathering.

6. Avatar
    Emily
    November 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm (3 years ago)

Vineyards are SO PRETTY, but I don’t really like wine, so I would probably just go along to be with company. And you look like you had a wonderful wonderful time out with the family and friends!

November 22, 2016 at 1:22 am (3 years ago)

Yes Vineyards are so relaxing even if you’re not drinking. Something about being in the middle of know where surrounded by trees and vines. Pack a picnic and it makes for a great afternoon.

7. Avatar
    Evangeline
    November 21, 2016 at 4:23 pm (3 years ago)

Sounds like a lovely week and weekend. Side note, I did your Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout the other day, and it kicked my butt. Loved it! Those cookies look delicious. Have a happy Thanksgiving week!

November 22, 2016 at 1:22 am (3 years ago)

Oh yay! So glad you tried it, I did it Saturday morning and was dripping in sweat. Have a happy Thanksgiving Evangeline.

8. Avatar
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    November 21, 2016 at 5:06 pm (3 years ago)

You guys looks SO very fall festive. 🙂 LOVE it. I like white wine better, but always drink red during wine tasting and nice dinners, you know? 🙂 heheh

November 22, 2016 at 1:23 am (3 years ago)

I love fall colors when it comes to fashion. And yes I always prefer red with a good dinner. There will be lots of red on Thursday for Thanksgiving 😉

9. Avatar
    Susie @ SuzLyfe
    November 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm (3 years ago)

SERIOUSLY.
    Bai, Wine, Beer, Bourbon, flights, and cookies????????????? And blanket scarves.
    I literally can’t even!
    Red wine for this kid. Not many tannins, though, or oaky chardonnay or crisp sauvignon blanc if I need to go white.

November 22, 2016 at 1:24 am (3 years ago)

I know right, literally all of our favorites! And it’s crazy when you go to a vineyard how different all those wines taste depending on the grapes and how they make them.

10. Avatar
    Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    November 22, 2016 at 8:02 am (3 years ago)

Oh I cannot wait until mid December when my husband and I head back down south for a few days to visit more wineries… Sometimes summer being in December here has major perks! 🙂
    That sandwich looks awesome by the way – and when bacon is available, always go for bacon!

November 22, 2016 at 11:13 pm (3 years ago)

Yes, I would love to try some of the wines in Australia! I bet they’re so good. And always yes to bacon 😉

11. Avatar
    Kat
    November 22, 2016 at 1:21 pm (3 years ago)

I don’t drink alcohol but since my mom works at a winery she is always getting me new wines to sample. I think she secretly wants me to become a lush 😉 Anyway, she got me a sweet white wine last Christmas that I thought was AMAZING but I can’t remember the name haha All I know is that it was made by Gallo since that is where she works!

November 22, 2016 at 11:14 pm (3 years ago)

I seriously never used to like wine, but it’s crazy how after trying it enough, it’s now my favorite. And always gotta enjoy that feeling after just a sip or two 🙂

12. Avatar
    Jolene
    November 22, 2016 at 10:03 pm (3 years ago)

Coming to you via Heatherrunsfast. That wine tour looked like so much fun! And your outfit was adorable. I can’t wear cute stuff like that in Florida…It never feels like fall. That sandwich looks delicious…can never have enough bacon!

November 22, 2016 at 11:15 pm (3 years ago)

I always say that I wish we had warmer weather all season long, but I would miss not being able to wear fall clothes. They’re my favorite.

13. Avatar
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    November 23, 2016 at 1:54 pm (3 years ago)

OMG!! All the drinks!! How much fun!!!!
    I love both red and white, but choose white more often because it’s much less likely to give me a headache. I’ve also really been into french rose’ lately!

November 27, 2016 at 10:20 pm (3 years ago)

Yes I love rose, especially when it’s nice outside!