Happy Happy Friday and only about two weeks until Christmas! I have most (ALL) of my shopping still to do and might not even have the time to do any this weekend as it’s packed with football, holiday parties, and errands. But that’s what online shopping and Amazon Prime are for right?!? There have been tons of awesome gift guides around the web I’ve been looking at and if you’re looking for the perfect gift for a fitness lover be sure to check out my Gift Guide. I also came across this Gift Guide for the Baker I have to share because I literally want everything!
All this Holiday talk has me thinking about one of my favorite things to do before Christmas, baking cookies, treats, and all the desserts. While I try to indulge in moderation, I can’t resist baking up a storm and gifting holiday goodies. Today for Friday Favorites I wanted to share with you some of my personal favorite holiday dessert recipes I make every year and others I have been salivating over and hope to make soon. Below you will find my current favorite healthy cookie recipe I created and a list Holiday Cookies, Goodies, and Healthier Treats from some of my favorite food and dessert bloggers.
I aways like to have a few healthy options in my holiday cookie bins or trays and these Healthy White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies make the perfect sweet treat. The cookies are made with no butter or refined sugar and the recipe uses white whole wheat flour (could easily substitute GF flour or coconut, almond) all which make it a healthier, low calorie treat. And I love the combination of white chocolate and cranberry in the Winter months. Adding fewer chocolate chips or using dark chocolate chips could make them a bit healthier as well. But I love a little chocolate. These cookies were easily gobbled up within a few days at our house and I can’t wait to make them again when we travel home in a few weeks. I know during the holiday break I’ll probably be reaching for a few buttery and sugary sweets, and I’ll have these cookies to balance it all. Enjoy!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (can substitute GF flour, coconut, or almond)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond butter (or cashew butter)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
- With an electric or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the almond butter and honey for a minute. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Then stir in the old fashioned oats, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Roll cookie dough into heaping tablespoon size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure they are not touching and then gently flatten the dough balls with a spoon.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Chocolate Crinkles by Betty Crocker
Frosted Peppermint Brownie Cookies by Cooking Classy
Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies by Table for Two
Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies by Cooking Classy
Hot Chocolate Cookies by Averie
Homemade Peppermint Pattie Cookies by How Sweet It Is
Pumpkin Chai Snickerdoodles by Half Baked Harvest
Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies by Your Cup of Cake
Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles by Two Peas and their Pod
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by Gimme Some Oven
Cinnamon Roll Wreath by Sally
Tiramisu Cupcakes by Life Love Sugar
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars by Averie
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Sally
Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes by Baker by Nature
Mint Brownies by Well Plated
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies by Amy
Eggnog Donut Holes by Amy
Chocolate Covered Grape Skewers by How Sweet It Is
Chewy Flourless Gingerbread Cookies by Running with Spoons
Pumpkin Gingerbread Paleo Coffee Cake Muffins by Paleo Running Momma
Salted Date Brownie Energy Bites by Ambitious Kitchen
Sweet Potato Brownies by Well Plated
Brown Butter Snickerdoodles by Cotter Crunch
Peppermint Fudge by Big Mans World
Thanks to Heather for today’s Friday Favorites Link up and Esther, Annmarie, Farrah, and Jess for Foodie Fridays.. Click here to read previous Friday Favorites Posts.A healthy white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookie recipe and all my other holiday favorite desserts #happyholidays #baking Click To Tweet
What’s your favorite Holiday dessert?
Any fun plans this weekend?
Best Winter food combination?