Why do weekends away go by so fast?  But here we are another Monday, another new week, and time to talk Weekend Highlights.

Wintergreen

Friday after work a group of friends and I headed to Wintergreen Ski Resort for a Bachelorette Getaway Weekend.  It was about a three hour drive so when we arrived it was time for some wine, lasagna, and lots girl chat and catching up.  Silly me forgot to take many food pictures this weekend since I didn’t always have my phone by my side.  But let me tell you, one of my favorite meals is anything Italian with salad, garlic bread and paired with a glass of red.  We headed to bed pretty soon after dinner to be well rested for Saturday.

Hiking and Tubing

Saturday morning we ate some delicious breakfast casseroles and then a few of the girls and I headed out for a hike.  It was mostly downhill which meant we had to climb all the way back up, my calves were on fire!  But I loved how you could follow the hiking trail right along the slopes and watch the skiers and snowboarders.  Can you tell it was almost sixty degrees out with the melting snow?

Saturday afternoon it was time for our tubing session.  I have skied and snowboarded, but somehow never been tubing.  It was a BLAST!  You definitely go pretty fast, especially with tubes connected and an extra push.  After about five trips down we decided to head back to our cabin.

Devils Backbone Brewery

Once we were all dried off from tubing we headed back down the mountain to Devils Backbone Brewery.  The weather was cool enough that you can sit outside under the heaters where we enjoyed a seasonal flight of beers.  IPA’s and Lagers are usually always my favorite.  The outside area at the brewery was really nice, they had a fire going, corn hole area, and bar.

After our drinks it was time to head back for an awesome Taco dinner some of the girls prepared.  I made a giant taco salad and had it with lots of tortilla chips, is it even considered a salad then?!?  Then I ate two of these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies I brought for dessert, so good!

After a few more drinks and some games, Cards Against Humanity being one of my favs it was time to call it a night.  Happy Bachelorette Susie!

Sunday

Once I got back home knew I needed to stretch from sitting in the car so I did a Grokker Yoga Video.  Then it was time for laundry and cleaning up around the house before getting to relax on the couch with Tom to watch some of the playoff games.  Our fridge has been inconsistently cooling so we also had to defrost and clean it out.  Which meant it was pizza for dinner.  And thats a wrap!

Beachbody On Demand

Winter Weekend Getaway, Cheers, Tubing, and other Weekend Highlights @dbbrewingco @WintergreenVA Click To Tweet

Thanks to Meghan and Katie for the Weekend Highlights link ups.

What’s your favorite Winter Getaway?

Skiing, Snowboarding, or Tubing?

What was the highlight of your weekend?

16 Comments on Winter Getaway and Weekend Highlights

1. Avatar
    Evangeline
    January 23, 2017 at 4:55 pm (3 years ago)

Looks like a lovely weekend. Hiking with friends, nutella cookies(!!!), and early bedtimes sound soul refreshing. I haven’t played Cards Against Humanity yet, but it’s on my bucket list. It looks hilarious.

January 24, 2017 at 1:22 am (3 years ago)

Nutella cookies definitely hit the spot!

2. Avatar
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot
    January 23, 2017 at 5:05 pm (3 years ago)

That is such a great idea for a winter bachelorette party! I am not a Winter fan/cold weather fan, but tubing and good food sounds perfect!
    My ideal Winter getaway would be somewhere warm to escape the cold. Last February, my husband and I did a cruise to Mexico, Belize, and Honduras and it was warm and amazing!

January 24, 2017 at 1:23 am (3 years ago)

I’m with you on the somewhere warm, but it was fun to enjoy the mountains for a weekend.

3. Avatar
    Susie @ Suzlyfe
    January 23, 2017 at 8:58 pm (3 years ago)

In all the time that I lived in Va, I never went to Wintergreen. Our friends went several times, but we never did! My ideal Winter getaway is what we have a done a few times: escape to Mexico!

January 24, 2017 at 1:24 am (3 years ago)

You def should go if you’re ever back home for a bit. There seems to be a lot to do and tons of places to stay! But I’m with you on the warm winter getaway!

4. Avatar
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    January 24, 2017 at 2:36 am (3 years ago)

What a fun weekend getaway. I much prefer warm weather but there’s something cozy about skiing and then having some hot chocolate and alcohol after!

January 24, 2017 at 11:48 pm (3 years ago)

Yes to hot chocolate and alcohol after skiing! =)

5. Avatar
    Cora
    January 24, 2017 at 3:04 am (3 years ago)

Wait… tubing? Like, on snow!? I’ve only ever known of tubing on water… in the summer….
    This weekend sounds incredible. I don’t like the cold but if there are outdoor heaters and beer and beautiful hikes, oh man sign me up. I’ve never done a winter getaway but they always sound so nice. As long as there is a fireplace.

January 24, 2017 at 11:49 pm (3 years ago)

Oh YES! Tubing on Snow, I wish I had my phone with me but I didn’t want to lose it. It’s just like sleeping, but in a tube. So much fun!

6. Avatar
    Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    January 24, 2017 at 7:31 am (3 years ago)

That sounds like such a fun fab weekend! My favourite way to have tacos too is in a salad with lots of corn chips at the side!! You can make your own little mini topped nachos 😉
    I have never been tubing but have always wanted too. All those years living in scotland and I never did it… Unlikely in Australia, unless I do it on sand instead!

January 24, 2017 at 11:50 pm (3 years ago)

It was a lot of fun! If you’re ever around snow again you should try it =)

7. Avatar
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    January 24, 2017 at 3:58 pm (3 years ago)

What a fun bachlorette weekend. I love the idea of snow tubing, followed by some beer to warm the belly. I’m sure the taco salad didn’t hurt either. Pasta, bread and wine is one of my favorites too. 🙂

Thanks for linking up.

January 24, 2017 at 11:51 pm (3 years ago)

Yes, it was so warm here this past weekend though so it felt weird being at a Winter Resort. So much fun regardless!

8. Avatar
    Rachel
    January 25, 2017 at 11:29 am (3 years ago)

What a fun weekend! I actually hate skiing and snowboarding so is it weird that tubing sounds like so much fun to me?! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend full of lots of yummy food. Making those nutella cookies ASAP!

January 29, 2017 at 2:46 pm (3 years ago)

Tubing is definitely very different. You get to sit down and it’s basically like a giant sledding hill. And YES to the nutella cookies, they were amazing!