Hello and Happy Monday!  I hope you are getting to enjoy this holiday off work with some extra relaxation.  I know the weather is the topic of conversation you bring up in awkward situations, but SERIOUSLY how about this weather!  We hit 70 degrees on the east coast on Sunday.  Really makes me so ready for Spring, it seems like such a tease.  I took full advantage of the nice weather by spending a little time outside, this weekend also included yoga, brunch, and donuts so lets get to the highlights.

Honestly there isn’t much to recap for Friday and Saturday.  Friday I went to the grocery store, cleaned house, watched TV and was in bed by 10.  Saturday I did a leg workout in the morning that used weights, bands, and the stepper as I showed you on my Instagram Story.  I needed to move through different circuits to keep myself motivated.  I did lots of different plyo moves, squat and lunge variations.  Then I spent the rest of Saturday morning on some blog work and taking photos.  I made and reshot the photos of my Turkey Taco Sloppy Joe’s and worked on a few other projects coming your way soon.

Turkey Taco Sloppy Joes Recipe

Then Saturday afternoon I went to my Elementary schools Unified Basketball games, ran some errands, got a mani/pedi, then curled up on the couch with some leftover Indian food and Bravo for the remainder of the evening.  Tom was at a coaching clinic so I had the remote to myself 😉

Sunday I headed into DC to meet up with my sister for a yoga class.  We had been wanting to try Corepower Yoga, since they offer a variety of classes for different levels.  We made plans to attend a CorePower Yoga 2 Class where some yoga experience is recommended and the room is set to a temperature of 95-98 degrees, not too overwhelming.  When you sign up online, your first week is free and you can attend any class, even at different studios.

Corepower Yoga

Since I do yoga at least once weekly I felt the Yoga 2 class was perfect for my level and I loved the atmosphere and heat.  We both walked away feeling detoxed, more relaxed and flexible.  I just wish I had a studio closer, I’m going to try to attend a Yoga Sculpt class before my week is up.

After yoga we had originally made reservations for brunch at Farmers & Distillers, but then discovered on the weekends they only do a breakfast buffet.  While usually I would love the idea of endless delicious food, neither of us had the appetite for that, so we walked a few blocks and brunched at Busboy’s and Poets instead.  We laughed about how two years ago on Presidents Day weekend my sister had just moved to DC and we brunched there for the first time, but the weather was absolutely freezing outside that year.  We both enjoyed each others company and chicken omelettes with toast and potatoes.

Busboys and Poets

I requested a stop at District Doughnut on our way back.  They are my absolute FAVORITE doughnut shop in the DC area.  Their doughnuts are baked fresh daily and they have a rotating seasonal menu.

District Doughnut

Since we didn’t make it there until 3:00 pm they didn’t have their whole menu available, but you can pre-order online which I will most definitely do next time.  I walked out with Dark Chocolate Orange, Peppermint Patty, Brown Butter, and Vanilla Glaze, Oh and some Funfetti Bites we ate on the walk back to my sisters house.

District Doughnut

When I got home Tom and I enjoyed the nice weather walking Blitz and then relaxed for the remainder of the evening.

All weekends should have yoga, brunch, and donuts @corepoweryoga @DCdoughnut @busboysandpoets Click To Tweet

Thanks to Meghan and Katie for today’s Link Ups.  You can read other Weekend Highlights Here.  Hope you all have a great week!

What’s your favorite type of yoga?

What’s the weather like in your area?

How do you relax on the weekends?

21 Comments on All Weekends should have Yoga, Brunch, and Donuts

February 20, 2017 at 12:35 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve never done yoga (except for a few stretches), but it always amazes me how you all who do it regularly are so flexible and strong!

The weather has been ABSOLUTELY beautiful; I’m so thankful for God’s gift of sunshine. And the most relaxing thing about weekends here is a break from regular work, going to church, and some fellowship at Bible Study in the evening. <3

February 21, 2017 at 1:46 pm (1 month ago)

So glad you were able to enjoy the nice weather. And yes it’s amazing how after practicing yoga for an hour a week I have seen such a difference in my flexibility.

February 20, 2017 at 1:21 pm (1 month ago)

We had such a great weather weekend too! 😀 😀 😀 Sounds like your weekend was the perfect combo of all things delicious and fun! I could really go for a donut right now

February 21, 2017 at 1:47 pm (1 month ago)

Yes delicious and fun weekends are the best! And get the donut 😉

3. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    February 20, 2017 at 3:15 pm (1 month ago)

This weather is ridiculous. I feel like I’m dreaming which means I’m soaking it all in.

So much good food in this post. I could stare at those donuts for days. I love working in the kitchen and getting some good food pictures. It’s an ideal way to spend time for me although I wouldn’t kick a yoga class out of bed either.

Happy Monday and thanks for linking up.

February 21, 2017 at 1:48 pm (1 month ago)

I just hope it doesn’t get freezing again!

February 21, 2017 at 1:48 pm (1 month ago)

Yes! I thought it was the perfect title 😉

4. Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
    February 21, 2017 at 1:45 am (1 month ago)

Ooo those donuts look awesome indeed! Sounds like a pretty relaxing weekend all around.
    That hot yoga. Whew! For a long time when I was a kid, my mom did Bikram, where the room temperature is set up around 110. 95 doesn’t sound too bad in comparison–but still tough! I’d be slippin’ and sliding on my mat!

February 21, 2017 at 1:49 pm (1 month ago)

I was really glad the room was at most 98 degrees, it was definitely tolerable.

5. Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    February 21, 2017 at 7:25 am (1 month ago)

I love the title of this post and I definitely agree!
    The weather here is hot hot – it’s that point in the year where you don’t actually want to go outside which sucks. Give it a couple of months and it should be bareable again!

February 21, 2017 at 1:50 pm (1 month ago)

We were just talking about how we need to enjoy these windows open days because soon it will be too hot to step outside! I wish spring type weather could last all year long.

6. Jen
    February 21, 2017 at 1:05 pm (1 month ago)

We had doughnuts this weekend too! 🙂 And we had such warm weather – it was awesome. It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

February 21, 2017 at 1:50 pm (1 month ago)

We have been loving trying different donut shops in the city. Taste testing is the best 😉

February 21, 2017 at 2:18 pm (1 month ago)

What a coincidence! I had donuts last weekend. It was so tasty.So do you have any other plan for this weekend?

8. Kaylee Gross
    February 23, 2017 at 1:10 pm (1 month ago)

It’s been hitting 80 the past couple of days over here. CRAZY!!!! But it’s going to drop down again into the 50s soon. This weather is quite deceiving. This coming weekend I’ve got yoga and brunch plans. Hopefully I can squeeze some doughnuts in there too because your weekend sounds lovely!

February 23, 2017 at 11:24 pm (1 month ago)

You definitely deserve the doughnuts! Def wish this weather would stick around too!

9. Krista @ Gringita
    February 24, 2017 at 1:39 pm (1 month ago)

Agreed! Yoga and donuts is a perfect weekend combo! I like the most relaxing meditative type of yoga and restorative yoga if I’ve had a really bad day/week. I once walked into a restorative yoga while I was still crying from something… haha! I live in the rainforest right now so its hot, humid, and rains about 30 minutes each day, every day.

February 26, 2017 at 8:40 pm (1 month ago)

It really does help heal a bad week or help get you ready for a new one!

10. Monica @one-way to health
    February 28, 2017 at 4:45 pm (4 weeks ago)

I love yoga, It worked for me as an antidepressant after I had my first daughter. And doughnuts? Well, if they don’t put a smile on your face I don’t know what would! 🙂 I just came across your blog and I really love it! I just started my own and like you, I’m all about health but without giving up pleasures! I am glad I found you, i will be following you! Monica x

March 1, 2017 at 10:22 pm (4 weeks ago)

Hi Monica, so glad you enjoy reading. I am all about balance and finding happiness in food and fitness.