Yesterday I turned 29, and am officially in the last year of my 20’s.  While I absolutely love spoiling others, I really don’t like making a big deal about my birthday.  It was a Wednesday, so extremely low key.  We had a nice two hour delay for work because of the ice/snow storm Monday night.  I got a free Starbucks Matcha Latte with coconut milk.  Tom brought home flowers and kombucha after work.  We ate fried eggs, bacon, roasted sweet potatoes, and brussels, one of my favorite combos.  And was blown away by all the beautiful messages from family and friends.

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

At first I thought I wanted to share with you a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turn 30.  But I have actually been trying to make smaller, attainable goals each month.  Hm maybe I should start sharing those with you to hold myself accountable…..  Then I thought I would share with you my birthday wishlist, but when my husband and family asked what I wanted, I just named off things I wanted to eat, go do, or accomplish, and could barely think of anything materialistic.

So instead I sat down and made a list of 29 things that I’m using my birthday as a reason to eat, make, buy, or go do and only a few are small goals for throughout the year.  Today I’m getting totally random on you, thanks to Amanda and her Thinking Out Loud link up.

They are in no particular order just when they popped into my head (apparently I was hungry as the beginning of the list is all about food).  Here are 29 things I want to do throughout the year to celebrate my 29 years of life.

1.  Flywheel Class– I just haven’t been since Thanksgiving and really miss it.
  2. Try a Poke Bowl- sushi in a bowl, yes please!
  3. Baked and Wired Cupcakes- My sister raves that these are the best cupcakes in DC and I have yet to try them, bring on a taste test!
  4. Pi Pizzeria– The math nerd in me loves the name and I hear their pizza is delicious
  5. &Pizza– Can you tell I like pizza?  And you can build your own here.
  6. Go to a Hockey Game- Tom and I have both never been to a game so we thought it would be a fun bday activity next weekend.
  7. The Smith Brunch– After spending the night in DC after said hockey game this is where I really want to brunch.
  8. Take Tom to Sweetgreen– Just to prove that guys can enjoy giant salads too.
  9. Make a Funfetti Cheesecake–  I love making cheesecakes and haven’t since Thanksgiving.  And every girl deserves sprinkles on her bday right?
  10. Visit a new Brewery- While I still have a love for wine, I’ve been super in beer lately and really want to visit a few new breweries in the area.
  11. Right hand ring- I have very few materialistic items on this list, I would like to find a simple ring to wear on my right hand, midi or regular, can’t decide.
  12. Ice Cream Jubilee– When it’s not freezing out anymore, I am desperately wanting to visit here again.
  13. Brunch at Cava Mezze– I plan to take my little sister here when she visits in April.  I’ve heard their brunch is amazing, fancy unlimited food and mimosas!
  14. Try a Sweatbox or Blast class- You know I love trying new fitness classes.
  15. Finally try an Orangetheory class- I have been wanting to go here for so long.  My perfect workout because it’s a mix of cardio and strength training.
  16. Make cupcakes- I used to make cupcakes a lot more often and I literally have the urge to make something pretty and delicious.  My Milton 1M is calling my name for some frosting therapy.
  17. Throughout the year I want to learn how to make cakes and doughnuts, so that will require some new baking supplies as well.
  18. Get new Cookbooks.  I have an ongoing Amazon Wishlist of cookbooks I need to act on.  I’ve been struggling with coming up with new recipe ideas, so I think a new cookbook or two is exactly what I need.
  19. New foundation- When I’m 30 is it still acceptable to use drugstore brands?   I really want to find something with better coverage.  Any suggestions would be appreciated 😉
  20. Pizza, wine, and movie night at home- Oh geez this is the third thing that involves pizza
  21. Host a dinner party- We have talked about doing this for far too long.  Time to act on it.
  22. Start doing more yoga- Now that I’m a whole year older I’ve started to notice I get sore for longer periods of time, so I would like to work on my flexibility throughout the year.
  23. Start teaching Fitness Classes- I’m still working on my Bodypump certification and hope to be teaching by April/May, especially for the summer!
  24. Clean out the closets- Get rid of or sell clothes, just get organized!
  25. Volunteer
  26. Girls Trip- My college girlfriends and I haven’t been on a trip since 2015, so we really need to make one happen this summer.
  27. Run 10 miles- I’m running the DC Cherry Blossom 10 mile run in April, hoping I can finish it.
  28. Finish my office- We recently bought me a new desk and bookshelf, but my office is still a work in progress
  29. Keep learning new things- photography, blogging, fitness, nutrition, marketing, all topics I’m interested in and want to learn more about.
29 things to eat, do, learn, and buy #birthdaylist Click To Tweet

What would be on your random birthday to do list?

Cake, cupcakes, or ice cream on your birthday?

What’s one NEW thing you’ve tried lately?

29 Comments on Thinking Out Loud, 29 To Do’s

March 16, 2017 at 12:14 pm (5 months ago)

Happy birthday! This is such a fun idea–it’s like a food bucket list haha! I love cake and ice cream but cupcakes arent bad either! I recently tried a gluten free falafel recipe that was really delicious!

March 16, 2017 at 10:52 pm (5 months ago)

Haha it totally is a food bucket list. Food and fitness is seriously my life! And yum I haven’t ever tried making falafel, but I love eating it, lol.

2. Carly Blogs Here
    March 16, 2017 at 12:39 pm (5 months ago)

Happy Birthday! This is such a fun list idea. Now that I think about it, I definitely have a list of pizza places I want to try too & definitely ready for warmer weather so eating ice cream is a bit more enjoyable.

March 16, 2017 at 10:53 pm (5 months ago)

Yes all about pizza and ice cream!

3. Dorothy@ Fitness
    March 16, 2017 at 1:24 pm (5 months ago)

It’s a great to-do list, very inspirational. I hope you’ll be able to go through every single one of them and celebrate a wonderful year. Happy birthday!

March 16, 2017 at 10:53 pm (5 months ago)

Thank you Dorothy!

4. Carrie this fit chick
    March 16, 2017 at 1:37 pm (5 months ago)

I love how you made this list! I usually make a year bucket list, but not a bday one! Happy belated! CUPCAKES and ice cream– heavy on the frosting 😀

March 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks Carrie, and YES, all about the frosting. It’s totally the best part right?

5. Emily @ Always Emily H.
    March 16, 2017 at 2:40 pm (5 months ago)

Happy birthday! I love that pizza made so many appearances on this list!

March 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks Emily. And pizza is most definitely my favorite food ever!

March 16, 2017 at 2:46 pm (5 months ago)

Can I do cake and ice cream? And I love that this is a really varied, simple list. A flywheel class sounds really fun. It would be fun to hear more about your experience teaching. It’s always fascinating to hear about what fitness instructors do for work! I HOPE you have such a happy birthday and such a wonderful, precious year.

March 16, 2017 at 10:55 pm (5 months ago)

Most definitely yes to cake and ice cream! Thanks for the bday wishes <3

7. KathyW
    March 16, 2017 at 4:32 pm (5 months ago)

This is an awesome list! As for cookbooks, my favorites as always the local ones created by groups. They are just home grown recipes. Since I am not a cook or fancy eater, these are great for me. If you get a supply of icing or flour for your cupcakes you will know who they are from!

March 16, 2017 at 10:55 pm (5 months ago)

You’re too sweet Kathy 😉

8. Ashley @ Whiskers and Weights
    March 16, 2017 at 8:11 pm (5 months ago)

Belated Happy Birthday! I love that you made a list of things that give you joy and get you out and about instead of material items. I mean there are a couple on there but really those are just to help make the experience!

March 16, 2017 at 10:56 pm (5 months ago)

Yes exactly! I wanted to make this year about experiences not things. Thanks for catching onto that 😉

9. Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
    March 16, 2017 at 10:34 pm (5 months ago)

This is a super-fun idea! Keep us posted when you reach these little “goals.”
    It would be so cool if you could start teaching BodyPump by the summer time. 🙂

10. Cora
    March 17, 2017 at 2:39 am (5 months ago)

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Nothing wrong with having a bucketlist half dedicated to food. I just ordered a doughnut pan, so you and I can learn together! I’m excited to hear about your run and beginning of being a fitness instructor. You are going to be so great.

March 20, 2017 at 12:39 pm (5 months ago)

Aw thanks Cora, and yay for doughnut making! You’ll have to share some of your favorite recipes with me.

11. Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    March 17, 2017 at 7:07 am (5 months ago)

What a good list! I had to laugh because when I turned 30 I too realised that I was still using a drug store foundation! A few years later, have I changed foundation? Yes. Is it from a drug store? Yep!

March 20, 2017 at 12:41 pm (5 months ago)

Haha I have a good feeling I probably won’t change either. I just maybe want something nicer for those nights out. Which is like twice a month, lol.

12. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    March 20, 2017 at 1:05 pm (5 months ago)

Happy be-lated Birthday!! What a fun idea for your birthday! You must have a poke bowl– they are incredible! I love Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

March 22, 2017 at 10:42 pm (5 months ago)

Thank you for the recommendation Julie, I will definitely check that out as I’ve heard that brand is really good before. And yes I can’t believe I haven’t had poke yet!

March 22, 2017 at 10:43 pm (5 months ago)

I know right! My two loves!

13. Jen
    March 21, 2017 at 6:21 pm (5 months ago)

Happy Birthday!!

March 22, 2017 at 10:44 pm (5 months ago)

Thank you Jen! =)

14. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    March 22, 2017 at 8:45 pm (5 months ago)

Hi Patricia! I think that experiences are WAY more valuable than things, so you are SPOT on to create this list. Plus, fitness and food — you can’t go wrong with those. Happy Birthday again! 🙂

March 22, 2017 at 10:52 pm (5 months ago)

Yes food and fitness are my two favorite things that I just want to experience them all year =) Thanks Ashley!