Yesterday I turned 29, and am officially in the last year of my 20’s. While I absolutely love spoiling others, I really don’t like making a big deal about my birthday. It was a Wednesday, so extremely low key. We had a nice two hour delay for work because of the ice/snow storm Monday night. I got a free Starbucks Matcha Latte with coconut milk. Tom brought home flowers and kombucha after work. We ate fried eggs, bacon, roasted sweet potatoes, and brussels, one of my favorite combos. And was blown away by all the beautiful messages from family and friends.
At first I thought I wanted to share with you a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turn 30. But I have actually been trying to make smaller, attainable goals each month. Hm maybe I should start sharing those with you to hold myself accountable….. Then I thought I would share with you my birthday wishlist, but when my husband and family asked what I wanted, I just named off things I wanted to eat, go do, or accomplish, and could barely think of anything materialistic.
So instead I sat down and made a list of 29 things that I’m using my birthday as a reason to eat, make, buy, or go do and only a few are small goals for throughout the year. Today I’m getting totally random on you, thanks to Amanda and her Thinking Out Loud link up.
They are in no particular order just when they popped into my head (apparently I was hungry as the beginning of the list is all about food). Here are 29 things I want to do throughout the year to celebrate my 29 years of life.
- Flywheel Class– I just haven’t been since Thanksgiving and really miss it.
- Try a Poke Bowl- sushi in a bowl, yes please!
- Baked and Wired Cupcakes- My sister raves that these are the best cupcakes in DC and I have yet to try them, bring on a taste test!
- Pi Pizzeria– The math nerd in me loves the name and I hear their pizza is delicious
- &Pizza– Can you tell I like pizza? And you can build your own here.
- Go to a Hockey Game- Tom and I have both never been to a game so we thought it would be a fun bday activity next weekend.
- The Smith Brunch– After spending the night in DC after said hockey game this is where I really want to brunch.
- Take Tom to Sweetgreen– Just to prove that guys can enjoy giant salads too.
- Make a Funfetti Cheesecake– I love making cheesecakes and haven’t since Thanksgiving. And every girl deserves sprinkles on her bday right?
- Visit a new Brewery- While I still have a love for wine, I’ve been super in beer lately and really want to visit a few new breweries in the area.
- Right hand ring- I have very few materialistic items on this list, I would like to find a simple ring to wear on my right hand, midi or regular, can’t decide.
- Ice Cream Jubilee– When it’s not freezing out anymore, I am desperately wanting to visit here again.
- Brunch at Cava Mezze– I plan to take my little sister here when she visits in April. I’ve heard their brunch is amazing, fancy unlimited food and mimosas!
- Try a Sweatbox or Blast class- You know I love trying new fitness classes.
- Finally try an Orangetheory class- I have been wanting to go here for so long. My perfect workout because it’s a mix of cardio and strength training.
- Make cupcakes- I used to make cupcakes a lot more often and I literally have the urge to make something pretty and delicious. My Milton 1M is calling my name for some frosting therapy.
- Throughout the year I want to learn how to make cakes and doughnuts, so that will require some new baking supplies as well.
- Get new Cookbooks. I have an ongoing Amazon Wishlist of cookbooks I need to act on. I’ve been struggling with coming up with new recipe ideas, so I think a new cookbook or two is exactly what I need.
- New foundation- When I’m 30 is it still acceptable to use drugstore brands? I really want to find something with better coverage. Any suggestions would be appreciated 😉
- Have a movie night at home and watch some interesting horror films like those you can find on hellhorror.com, along with some wine and pizza – Oh geez this is the third thing that involves pizza!
- Host a dinner party- We have talked about doing this for far too long. Time to act on it.
- Start doing more yoga- Now that I’m a whole year older I’ve started to notice I get sore for longer periods of time, so I would like to work on my flexibility throughout the year.
- Start teaching Fitness Classes- I’m still working on my Bodypump certification and hope to be teaching by April/May, especially for the summer!
- Clean out the closets- Get rid of or sell clothes, just get organized!
- Girls Trip- My college girlfriends and I haven’t been on a trip since 2015, so we really need to make one happen this summer.
- Run 10 miles- I’m running the DC Cherry Blossom 10 mile run in April, hoping I can finish it.
- Finish my office- We recently bought me a new desk and bookshelf, but my office is still a work in progress. I can’t wait for it to be finished! A friend of mine told me I need to get some document management software sorted and I completely agree with her! She told me to visit https://www.filecenterdms.com/info-neat-alternative-and-replacement.html to learn more about the types of software I can have. I hate having random documents and receipts lying around and I can’t wait to be clutter free when my office is finished!
- Keep learning new things- photography, blogging, fitness, nutrition, marketing, all topics I’m interested in and want to learn more about.
[bctt tweet=”29 things to eat, do, learn, and buy #birthdaylist ” username=”sweetandstrong_”]
What would be on your random birthday to do list?
Cake, cupcakes, or ice cream on your birthday?
What’s one NEW thing you’ve tried lately?