What’s your favorite part of the weekend?  Besides not having to wake up for work, mine is definitely having the time to make delicious meals.  I know it’s already Wednesday but I’m still thinking about and eating leftovers from some yummy eats over the weekend.  I am a firm believer in treating yourself a few meals each week.  For me, these days typically fall on Saturday and Sunday.  But that doesn’t mean I completely indulge for every meal, usually it’s one or two dinners and dessert each night.  While I usually share weekend eats in Weekend Highlights posts or desserts on Instagram instead today I’m sharing a full day of eats from Saturday for What I Ate Wednesday.

Pre-workout, Cardio & Strength Training, Post-Workout

Saturday morning I was up early at 7:00 am to head to the gym.  On the way out the door I grabbed a Mocha Quest Bar and ate that on the five minute ride around the corner.

When I got to the gym I did a few treadmill intervals similar to this workout then headed into the group fitness studio to co-teach a Bodypump class.  It was a long workout, but I had the time and liked the combination of cardio and strength training.  Once I was home and showered I made a green protein smoothie with a spinach/kale mix, almond milk, vanilla Shakeology, half a banana, a few strawberries, and blended with ice.  Then I sat down for a bit with coffee too.  I always forget to take pictures of smoothies, sorry!

House Chores, Lunch, and Errands

I spent the rest of the morning doing a big house cleaning; vacuuming, wiping everything down, and mopping.  I do the same cleaning routine every week, but I was very particular Saturday because of my little sister staying with us this week.  Around 1:00 pm I was hungry and made a plate of cauliflower rice, fried eggs, avocado, with a little side of salsa.  It was so delicious and I can’t wait to recreate it again!

After lunch I went to Target and Safeway and came home starving.  Maybe it was from all the food shopping.  I added some Purely Elizabeth Traditional granola I purchased at Target to a vanilla Siggi’s yogurt.  One of my favorite snacks, seriously check out those huge chunks of granola!

Laid-back Saturday Night

I finished getting groceries and Target goods put away, walked the dog, then sat down to relax for a bit before I started dinner.  Tom was going to be home late from a trip with a player so I didn’t start dinner until around 7:00.  I made this Cheeseless Chicken Parmesean recipe, butttt I added cheese because #weekend.  Usually I try to limit cheese and dairy during the week.  Served with a side of my homemade marinara sauce and some zucchini noodles, it was a delicious light and healthy dinner.

Before I started the chicken I actually made these Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs so they had enough time to freeze for dessert time.  When I was finished with dinner though I decided I was actually craving the last little bit of Boom Chicka Pop Milk Chocolate Drizzle popcorn.  I shared the popcorn along with other Healthy Convenient Desserts a few weeks ago on the blog.  I ate the popcorn, Tom at the Reeses eggs, both of us were happy.  We then sat on the couch with a glass of wine for me, craft beer for him to catch up on a few of our TV shows from the week.

Friday Favorites Angie's Milk Chocolate Drizzle Boom Chicka Pop

This was definitely a healthier Saturday day of eats.  Usually on the weekends I like treating myself to a homemade dessert with all the butter and sugar, but I just didn’t get around to making anything.  Plus I’m on Spring Break this week so my sister and I will probably be spending lots of time in the kitchen testing a few recipes, hello Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes I’ve been dying to make.  Follow along on Instagram for all the fun.

Check back later this week where I’ll share an updated version of one of my favorite brunch casseroles for your Easter weekend.

Linking up with Jenn for What I Ate Wednesday

Chicken parm, sunny eggs, popcorn, A yummy full day of weekend eats #WIAW Click To Tweet

What’s your favorite part of the weekend?

How often do you clean your house?

Tell me something delicious you ate lately.

14 Comments on What I Ate Wednesday, Weekend Eats

1. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    April 12, 2017 at 1:33 pm (1 month ago)

This was a clean Saturday!!! I just bought a spiralizer so I’m super excited to make some spiralized recipes!

April 14, 2017 at 4:42 pm (1 month ago)

Yay for spiralizing everything!

2. Carrie this fit chick
    April 12, 2017 at 1:40 pm (1 month ago)

Oh yes, those eggs are cooked perfectly! I’m loving your dinner. Want to just grab it from the screen and eat it. I do a full clean about once a month, but tidy up every Sunday!

April 14, 2017 at 4:42 pm (1 month ago)

It was so yummy, I want to recreate it all like right now! lol.

April 12, 2017 at 5:19 pm (1 month ago)

Ooh you and your sister get to test recipes out with each other? That sounds so fun! And your love for popcorn definitely matches our family’s love of popcorn. Chocolate always taste good with popcorn. Curious: Would you rather have a laid back Saturday or a buzzing Saturday?

April 14, 2017 at 4:45 pm (1 month ago)

OH good question. I like to mix it up and have a little of both. Busy morning then relaxing evening 😉

4. Susie @ Suzlyfe
    April 12, 2017 at 7:31 pm (1 month ago)

I NEED THAT BOOM CHICKA. That is now all that I can think about…

April 14, 2017 at 4:46 pm (1 month ago)

My husband, sister and I just finished two bags last night, hehe

April 12, 2017 at 9:16 pm (1 month ago)

I try and clean each weekend too but sometimes I say no thank you! haha! I just tried some of the blueberry hemp granola of that same brand and it was so good! I can see why so many people love it—wont be my last time eating it!

April 14, 2017 at 4:47 pm (1 month ago)

Oh I almost bought the blueberry but just settled for what I knew I liked. Now you have me wanting to try it.

6. Stephanie @ Wholesome Paradise
    April 13, 2017 at 2:02 am (1 month ago)

This reminds me that I should clean my house. But I’m currently renting, which is not so motivating for doing chores. I think I would like cleaning more if it was actually my house. Last yummy thing I ate was a coconut butter cup from Eating Evolved. I just got a few in the mail today.

April 14, 2017 at 4:47 pm (1 month ago)

Yes when we rented I definitely didn’t clean nearly as often. Plus we have a dog so I think that’s why I really do it so often.

7. Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    April 13, 2017 at 11:44 am (1 month ago)

I love having extra time for breakfasts especially on the weekend too – like french toasts, pancakes and waffles. I dreadddd cleaning haha, but can tempt myself with a reward outside after

April 14, 2017 at 4:48 pm (1 month ago)

Yes that’s usually what I do. Once I’m done cleaning I sit down with lunch or feel like I can enjoy the rest of my day.