Happy Happy Friday Friends. Has the weather been getting warmer and more Spring like by you? We had beautiful weather on Easter Sunday and I am loving having the windows open for some fresh air. When in comes to food and spring weather I always think of grilling, salads, and bright colors for dessert. Back in December when I shared a cupcake fail turned into peppermint muddy buddies experience with you, I was surprised by all your comments on loving the different recipe. Don’t get me wrong I love the classic chocolate and peanut butter combo but if you’re looking for a fun seasonal alternative I created a Spring Muddy Buddies Mix Recipe.
The recipe isn’t necessarily the healthiest, #balance, but it’s simple and quick. It uses Chex, white chocolate, powdered sugar, and I like the addition of popcorn and spring colored M&M’s to give the mix a nice pop of color.
It’s the perfect mix for an outdoor gathering, birthday party, shower, or anytime when you just don’t feel like baking a dessert. But beware it’s totally addicting.
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups or 12 oz melting white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups popcorn
- 1 cup Spring M&M's
- Pour the Rice Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions, add the vanilla extract, then pour over the Chex cereal and stir gently to combine.
- Add the powdered sugar to a large ziplock plastic bag then pour in the Chex cereal and white chocolate mix.
- Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar. Pour the mix back into the large bowl.
- Stir in the popcorn and M&M's.
- Store in an airtight container.
A Spring Muddy Buddies Recipe perfect for any gathering #foodiefriday Click To Tweet
Linking up with Esther, Annmarie, Farrah, and Jess for Foodie Fridays.
What’s your favorite part about Spring?
What’s your favorite no bake recipe to bring to gatherings?
Any fun weekend plans?