Yay for Fridayyyyy!  And Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Hope you had a fabulous week and are ready for the weekend, I know I sure am.  We are excited to have a low key Friday night watching shows with some Chicken Tinga Tacos and my Spicy Jalapeno Margaritas.  Then Saturday we have a wedding up in northern MD for the day, so the rest of the weekend will be pretty busy, be sure to follow along on Instagram.  Now lets get to why you stopped by the blog today, for all my Food and Fitness Friday Favorites.

Doughnuts

Or is it donuts?  Or are both correct? hm.  Anyways I used to think I wasn’t a doughnut fan, mostly because I’m not the biggest fan of chain doughnut shops.  But lately I’ve been loving finding and trying local spots, dare I say I might enjoy doughnuts more than cupcakes or ice cream these days.  The ones I’ve visited; District Doughnut, Jack Frost, and Sugar Shack all make their dough in house.  And who doesn’t love sprinkles and fun flavors like Oreo Cheesecake and Red Velvet Cake.  I usually like a traditional glazed or chocolate with sprinkles though.

Sugar Shack Doughnuts Alexandria VA

Bodypump 101

Did I tell you I am officially Les Mills Bodypump certified?  I submitted my video of Bodypump 100 over my Spring Break and found out I passed two weeks ago.  So this week I downloaded Bodypump 101 and did the Masterclass Wednesday morning.  I love some of the different moves.  And usually shoulders is my least favorite track, mostly because my shoulders are so tired from working the whole workout, but I LOVE the song in 101, so it motivates me.  I really liked all the music and thought it was a fun workout, now I just need to start learning some of the tracks to incorporate in teaching.

Les Mills Bodypump 100

National Harbor Wine Festival

As I mentioned last Friday we attended a Wine and Food Festival at National Harbor last weekend.  They had all different wine, beer, and liquor vendors from around the DMV area and across the US.  It was a hot day so I found myself loving all the rosè and dry white wines, even though I’m usually a red wine drinker.  They also had various food trucks and you could bring in your own snacks.  We had a blast with a group of friends, maybe a little too much fun….

National Harbor Wine and Food Festival

National Harbor Wine and Food Festival

Sous Vide

When I was home for my grandfathers memorial I cooked one night using my Mom’s Sous Vide.  I made a Honey Dijon Salmon and then roasted sweet potatoes and vegetables.  The salmon was so tender and delicious.  I can’t wait to go back home and use it again, maybe for steaks or I could just buy one myself.

Sous de vide Salmon

Cinco De Mayo Recipes

If you’re looking to avoid the crowded restaurants and celebrate Cinco De Mayo from home I have some great Mexican inspired recipes like my Spicy Jalapeno Margaritas, Turkey Taco Sloppy Joes, or Quinoa Enchilada Bake.

Spicy Jalapeno Margaritas

Around the Web

In case you missed it this week I also posted a Quick and Sweaty Partner Ab Workout featuring apparel from Chill by Will.

I made a double batch of these Orange Chicken Meatballs for lunches this week with sautéed veggies and cauliflower rice.

Since this week was Teacher Appreciation week I thought I would share this article, Connected Classroom.  What I would give for some parents to watch what their kids do at school!

Unicorn frappuccinos now Mermaid Fudge, I just can’t keep up.

Thanks to Heather for todays Friday Favorites link up.  You can view previous Friday Favorites posts here.

Doughnuts, Bodypump 101, Wine, and other #FridayFavs @lesmills Click To Tweet

Have you done Bodypump 101 yet?

Do you have any good sous de vide recipes?

What’s something you’ve been loving lately?

27 Comments on Doughnuts, Bodypump 101, Wine, and other Friday Favorites

May 5, 2017 at 10:50 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks Emily!

May 9, 2017 at 7:26 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks Emily, that means a lot!

1. Carrie this fit chick
    May 5, 2017 at 1:38 pm (7 months ago)

That donut looks AMAZING. Sprinkles all day, everyday! What a fun weekend- I love little festivals, especially when wine is included 😉

I’ve never tried body pump- I’m more of a workout on my own kind of gal!

May 5, 2017 at 10:51 pm (7 months ago)

I enjoy a combo of group fitness and workouts alone. And the sprinkles on that doughnut were amazingggg!

2. Allie @ agalnamedal.com
    May 5, 2017 at 6:01 pm (7 months ago)

I’ve never heard of sous vide, but it looks awesome! I’m toying with the idea of buying an instant pot because my crockpot is cooking way too high and drying everything out. Those orange chicken meatballs sound amazing! Have a great weekend!

May 5, 2017 at 10:51 pm (7 months ago)

Yes I feel the same about my crockpot, would an instant pot not do that? I don’t know too much about them.

May 6, 2017 at 4:42 am (7 months ago)

I’m all about a fancy doughnut! Or a hot Krispy Kreme. Mmmm…

Super jealous of your mom’s sous vide. I’ve loved every dish I’ve had made in one.

May 9, 2017 at 7:27 pm (7 months ago)

Ok you convinced me I need to invest in one. I’ve heard nothing but great things!

4. Lisa @ Lisa 3D
    May 7, 2017 at 2:58 pm (7 months ago)

That donut looks delicious! My favorites are anything that has cream in the middle. Whenever I get donuts, it reminds me of Sunday mornings as a kid!

May 9, 2017 at 7:28 pm (7 months ago)

YES I am all about cream filled donuts, especially Boston cream. That’s what I always used to get as a kid.

5. Susie @ Suzlyfe
    May 7, 2017 at 4:46 pm (7 months ago)

Now THAT is a doughnut! I think you will need one to keep you going now that you are Les Mills certified!

May 9, 2017 at 7:29 pm (7 months ago)

Yes, I always think during the week of all the sugar sweets I need to survive. Doughnuts, cupcakes, candy. Usually I save most my treats for the weekend though.

6. Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    May 8, 2017 at 1:21 am (7 months ago)

I’m with you on donuts – I used to not really like them, but I’ve found a few amazing local spots by me that I frequent every now & then as a treat. I had a vegan apple fritter from one last week that was amazing!

Food + wine festivals are always bound to be a good time! I’m planning on going to a food festival later this month. I definitely switch my wine preferences depending on the weather. When it’s hot out, I have no desire to drink a warm red, but in the winter I’m all about bold reds!

May 9, 2017 at 7:29 pm (7 months ago)

Yes my wine preferences usually change with the season as well. And it has been SO long since I’ve had an apple fritter. That sounds delicious.

7. Esther
    May 8, 2017 at 2:23 am (7 months ago)

Well that doughnut looks awesome! We need to find a good place in Vegas during blogfest!
    I have loved the 101 tracks!
    I will be doing my training with them in 2 weeks! Eeek!

Hope you had a great weekend!

May 9, 2017 at 7:30 pm (7 months ago)

OMG that’s amazing Esther! You’re gonna be such a good instructor! And yes to doughnuts in Vegas 😉

8. Stephanie
    May 8, 2017 at 11:14 am (7 months ago)

All of a sudden sous de vide is popping up everywhere. I’m going to have to take the plunge and try it!

May 9, 2017 at 7:31 pm (7 months ago)

Yes they’re like the new instant pot, now that the instant pot has taken over the crockpot. Just like social media I have a hard time keeping up, lol.

May 9, 2017 at 7:31 pm (7 months ago)

Aw thanks Kelli =)

May 8, 2017 at 2:25 pm (7 months ago)

It seems like when you get away from doing chain restaurants as much, you can find some really delicious gems, like unique donut flavors. And that wine festival looks fun; I don’t actually like wine, but I love new experiences.

May 9, 2017 at 7:32 pm (7 months ago)

I love trying new restaurants that aren’t chains, it’s probably one of my hobbies. If you consider eating and dining a hobby, hehe.

10. Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    May 8, 2017 at 9:54 pm (7 months ago)

I love craft donuts, they are the best and so creative! Congrats on Body Pump certification, I’ve always wanted to try a class.

May 9, 2017 at 7:33 pm (7 months ago)

I love to try some creative doughnut flavors, but I always choose traditional or anything with sprinkles as my favorites.

11. Bethany
    May 10, 2017 at 12:39 am (7 months ago)

Thanks! Now I want a donut! lol I’ve worked in the same office for a little over a year now and they bring donuts a couple of times a week. I have yet to have one! Now it is like a challenge to reframe. If I do have one though I do NOT want a plain one but one with all the fillings, icings and sprinkles! Go big I say!

May 10, 2017 at 9:24 pm (7 months ago)

Yes when you only treat yourself every so often, definitely go big!