Yay for a short week and it already being Wednesday.  Don’t you wish every weekend had three days off!  I knew I wanted to post a What I Ate Wednesday today but forgot to take pictures of an entire day worth of eats, opps.  So I figured I’d just share some of my random plates, most of which you see on Instagram if you follow me.

I am literally obsessed with using sweet potatoes for every meal.  Have you tried this breakfast combo of sweet potatoes, nut butter, and yogurt yet?  I like these ingredients either as sweet potato toast or all mixed together in a bowl.

My toasts are topped with almond butter and cinnamon then Siggi’s vanilla yogurt, goji berries, and sunflower seeds on the other.

Sweet Potato Toast, What I Ate Wednesday

This bowl is roasted sweet potatoes, a Siggi’s Vanilla yogurt, almond butter blob, and topped with some Purely Elizabeth granola.

Sweet Potato Bowl, What I Ate Wednesday

Over the weekend we attended a Memorial Day cookout and I made Hot Bacon Potato Salad.  It’s so delicious and has a bacon dressing, YUM!  We had some leftovers so the next day I warmed up the potatoes in a skillet and then added two fried eggs and some sliced avocado for a late breakfast/lunch Monday on my day off.

Hot Bacon Potato Salad, What I Ate Wednesday

It was pretty wet and rainy the entire Memorial Day weekend here so Tom and I decided to go out to dinner together one night.  We picked a local spot Spoons Korean BBQ.  We had dined here before and enjoyed the food, but wasn’t impressed with the service, so we gave it another shot.  Everything was much better this time around, the bartender was attentive and got my order correct.  We shared the pulled pork hush puppies, Tom had Bulgogi and rice with Korean sides, and me Bibimbap for the win!  Even thought this bowl was too hot to eat for the first 10 minutes, I eventually enjoyed every last bite.

Spoons Korean BBQ La Plata, What I Ate Wednesday

If you’ve been keeping up with the Weekend Highlights Posts you know we’re pretty obsessed with our Electric Smoker.  Last weekend it was ribs and pulled pork with my Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.  This weekend we did some BBQ chicken thighs to take to a cookout Sunday and used my Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe to cook more Monday night.  I served the Jerk Chicken with cilantro lime rice and some asparagus.  Oh it was so yummy and thank goodness for leftovers for easy lunches during the week.  I’m so glad it’s finally outdoor grilling and cooking season.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken, What I Ate Wednesday

Can you believe I didn’t make a single dessert over the weekend?  I was really craving ice cream, so we picked up some Friendly’s from the grocery store.  Going down memory lane as I worked at Friendly’s Restaurant for years in high school and college.  But we didn’t have the Salted Caramel and Chocolate Fudge flavors I ate two bowls of each night.  After all what’s Memorial Day weekend without an ice cream sundae?  I’ll definitely be back in bakers mode by this weekend though, so stay tuned.

Random eats I've been loving lately for #WIAW Click To Tweet

Linking up with Jenn for What I Ate Wednesday

Did attend a cookout over the weekend?

Favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?

Tell me something delicious on your plate lately.

18 Comments on Random Eats Lately, What I Ate Wednesday

1. Carrie this fit chick
    May 31, 2017 at 1:16 pm (3 months ago)

I wish every weekend was a 3 day weekend for sure. MAKES SUCH A DIFFERENCE! Crazy. You are totally on that sweet potato and egg kick! I’ve been making fried eggs a lot lately too– so good!

May 31, 2017 at 10:27 pm (3 months ago)

LOVE fried eggs! I wish I was home everyday so I could make them for lunch.

2. Cora
    May 31, 2017 at 1:57 pm (3 months ago)

Yummmmm. Some of my favorite combos here. Sweet potato and almond butter…. potato and fried eggs and avocado…. and your smoking meat game is seriously on. I want to go to a BBQ!

May 31, 2017 at 10:28 pm (3 months ago)

I must give all the smoking credit to my husband, he’s become quite the master. And don’t sweet potatoes just pair well with so many things!

May 31, 2017 at 2:20 pm (3 months ago)

Friendly’s ice cream is SO GOOD! And I love smoked meat. That’s so cool that you have a smoker now.

Korean BBQ sounds delicious; I think I may have had some once.

May 31, 2017 at 10:29 pm (3 months ago)

Yes when I worked there I was all about the black raspberry ice cream and soft serve machine, lol. And you definitely need to try Korean BBQ, it’s super unique and delicious!

4. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    May 31, 2017 at 2:36 pm (3 months ago)

OMG I saw that sweet potato yogurt bowl on INSTA and thought, I’ve got to have me some of that!

May 31, 2017 at 10:29 pm (3 months ago)

I hope you make one tomorrow morning Kelli 😉

5. Sarah @ BucketListTummy
    May 31, 2017 at 2:44 pm (3 months ago)

Friendlies was my favorite jr high and high school spot! I’m so sad there are none near me anymore. I love using sweet potatoes as a base for toppings – yogurt and nut butter are my favorites!

May 31, 2017 at 10:30 pm (3 months ago)

Haha yes Friendly’s was always our hot spot as well. They all closed down in my hometown, which is kind of sad. I have so many memories from working there.

May 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm (3 months ago)

The three day weekend was amazing!! I go through phases with sweet potatoes and have been eating a ton of them recently. I love them pan fried with a little coconut oil and onion and served with eggs.

May 31, 2017 at 10:31 pm (3 months ago)

How long do they take when you pan fry them? I tried it once then got so impatient. I’d rather throw them in the oven for an hour so I don’t have to keep monitoring them.

May 31, 2017 at 8:40 pm (3 months ago)

Oh man Korean food is my absolute favorite cuisine. I lived and taught in South Korea so whenever I am able to get my hands on some authentic delicious Korean food its so homey to me!
    I love sweet potato any way but my favorite are baking them in to fries and dipping them in some kind of delicious garlicy sauce!

May 31, 2017 at 10:31 pm (3 months ago)

Mmmmm sweet potato fries and garlic sauce sounds amazing. And wow you taught in South Korea! I bet the food was amazing!

8. Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
    June 1, 2017 at 1:17 am (3 months ago)

Potato salad with bacon dressing. Let’s be friends.
    Potatoes are among my favorite foods. Any kind, really. 🙂

June 2, 2017 at 11:03 pm (3 months ago)

I’ve been obsessed with potatoes lately. And do yourself a favor and make that potato salad, it was amaZing!

9. Evangeline
    June 1, 2017 at 8:54 pm (3 months ago)

I still haven’t tried sweet potato toast. I’ve just been lazy, which isn’t a good excuse because it looks so easy to make 🙂 I love a simply eggs and potatoes meal, so yummy.

June 2, 2017 at 11:04 pm (3 months ago)

Eggs, potatoes, and toast really is such a good combo!