This post is sponsored by AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites. I received product and compensation for this recipe, of course all thoughts are my own. Thanks for supporting Sweet and Strong sponsors.
Take the traditional BLT to the next level with this low carb Breakfast BLAT Omelet, Bacon, Lettuce (Spinach), Avocado, Tomato. The omelet is made using AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites and adding the avocado gives it the perfect amount of creaminess and yay for healthy fats.
I love spending the weekend mornings in the kitchen making a nice sweet or savory breakfast for my husband and I that we can enjoy without the rush of the work week. I’m sure you’ve noticed recently from my Instagram that I’ve been obsessed with including an egg or avocado to just about every meal. And adding some bacon into that combo, total winner! Which then led me to the creation of this BLAT omelet inspired by the traditional BLT.
This BLAT omelet requires very little prep, you can easily make it for breakfast during the busy work week. I start by gathering and prepping all the ingredients. You just need bacon, spinach, avocado, tomato, and a carton of AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites. Simply chop the tomato, slice the avocado, pan fry the bacon, and measure the egg whites then it’s time to assemble the omelet.
I love using AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites for recipes, especially because they are a convenient way to add rich protein. Each serving contains 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat and only 25 calories. Perfect for providing you the energy you need for everyday. Be sure to follow AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites on social media for more recipe ideas; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
I created this recipe to make one single omelet, feel free to double or triple for a crowd. Enjoy!
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- one heaping handful of fresh spinach
- Avocado slices (about ¼ of a whole avocado)
- ½ a tomato cut into thin slices
- ¾ cup AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites, whisked
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the handful of spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Then remove from the pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the whisked egg whites to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until the eggs are set and the bottom is golden brown. Remove from heat. And lay the egg white pancake onto a serving plate.
- Add the cooked spinach and bacon, and tomato slices. I then topped mine with the avocado slices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Take the traditional BLT to the next level with this B.L. Avocado. T Omelet using @allwhiteseggs Click To Tweet
Linking up with Jenn and Laura for What I Ate Wednesday and Esther, Annmarie, Farrah, and Jess for Foodie Fridays. And you can view other Healthy Breakfast Ideas Here.
What’s your favorite way to use egg whites?
Tell me something that’s been on your plate lately.