This post is sponsored by AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites. I received product and compensation for this recipe, of course all thoughts are my own. Thanks for supporting Sweet and Strong sponsors.
Start your morning off right with this Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bake with AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites. Make ahead and reheat so you have a delicious healthy breakfast all week long.
Two topics I could talk to you all day about, the importance of protein early in the morning and convenience of meal prep. This oatmeal bake has all the proper nutrients for a balanced breakfast to give you energy throughout a busy day. The bake can easily be made ahead of time during your weekly meal prep so all you need to do is reheat a portion each morning. Since I’m an early riser and get right into my workout I love having oatmeal as my post workout meal. It’s a great balance of carbs, healthy fats from the almond butter, and protein from the AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites.
To make the oatmeal you start with your dry ingredients, old fashioned oats, baking powder, and salt. Then simply stir in the wet ingredients, fresh blueberries, maple syrup or honey, vanilla, almond milk, lemon, and AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites. To assemble I melted 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a 1.5 qt baking dish, you could also use a 9×9 inch cake pan. Spread out the coconut oil to prevent sticking then stir in the wet and dry oatmeal ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes and I dare you to resist trying a bite because the house will smell amazing.
You can eat the bake right away, and add your favorite toppings such as sliced almonds, more fresh blueberries, fresh lemon zest, or even try with some vanilla yogurt. If you want to reheat throughout the week, just add a little almond milk to prevent the oatmeal from being too dry and bake or microwave until warm.
I love using AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites for recipes because the egg whites are rich in protein. They have no cholesterol or fat and have half the calories of traditional whole eggs. If trying to watch your diet they are an easy way to add protein to any meal. Be sure to follow AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites on social media for more recipe ideas; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spread melted coconut oil around a 1.5 qt baking dish or 9×9 inch cake pan. In a large bowl combine the oats, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine. Then add in the blueberries, liquid egg whites, almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup or honey, almond milk, lemon juice, and zest. Mix until everything is combined.
- Transfer into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until bake looks firm.
- Once cooled topped with fresh blueberries, sliced almonds, lemon zest, or yogurt.
- If reheating add a little almond milk before baking or warming in the microwave.
[bctt tweet=”Start your morning off right with this Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bake with @AllWhitesEggs” username=”sweetandstrong_”]
Linking up with Esther, Annmarie, Farrah, and Jess for Foodie Fridays. Deborah and Sarah for Meatless Monday. Rachel for Delicious Dish Tuesday. And What’s Cooking Wednesday And you can view other Healthy Breakfast Ideas Here.
What’s your favorite oatmeal flavor?
How do you use egg whites?
Tell me something delicious that’s been on your plate lately.