Did you know you should be eating AT LEAST three cups of veggies per day?  Which means you should probably start early in the morning right!  I’ve always wondered why salad and roasted veggies seemed off limits in the morning, in that no one really eats them.  And I think it’s just because we need some delicious ways to add them to our regular breakfast meals.  Here are my favorite ways to eat more veggies for breakfast to make sure our bodies get all the proper vitamins and nutrients.

Ways to Eat More Veggies for Breakfast

Add Veggies to Eggs

I bet you already enjoy eggs early in the morning, but your plate might just be missing that pop of color from veggies.  One simple solution is to add sautéed spinach or kale to an egg sandwich, sauté some veggies into an egg scramble, or try some of these tasty recipes:

Broccoli and Cheese Frittata

Breakfast Stuffed Peppers

BLAT (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Tomato) Omelet

B.L.A.T. Bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato Egg White Omelet with All Whites liquid egg whites.

Zucchini, Red Pepper, and Sweet Potato Frittata

Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole

Denver Egg Muffins

Spinach, Feta, and Artichoke Breakfast Bake

Brussels Sprouts, Eggs, and Bacon

Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Quiche

Add Veggies to a Smoothie

Almost all of the smoothie recipes I post here on Sweet and Strong have some kind of hidden veggie in them.  The easiest way to add veggies to your morning smoothie is by adding a handful of spinach or kale.  You could also pre-cook any veggie such as cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, and then freeze them to add to smoothies throughout the week.  Possibilities are endless and I promise with the addition of fruit, powders, nut butter, etc you won’t even taste the veggies.

Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens

My friends at Vital Proteins send me a container of their Collagen Beauty Greens to try.  I consider a serving of the Beauty Greens a veggie because of all the vitamins, nutrients, and amino acids it contains plus the protein and collagen.  I first tried the Beauty Greens plain, mixed in with 8 oz of water.  While it wasn’t terrible, I didn’t completely enjoy the taste.

Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens

So I tried a few different smoothie combos.  My favorite was almond milk, half a banana, one clementine, 1 scoop of Collagen Beauty Greens, and 1/2 cup frozen mango blended until smooth.

Vital Proteins Beauty Greens

Then I decided to experiment with using the Beauty Greens in a baked Recipe.  I made Paleo Blueberry Muffins and added a scoop of Beauty Greens into the batter.  The muffins look slightly green, but you DEFINITELY don’t taste it, they were delicious.  I’m working on perfecting the recipe before I share it with you.

Vital Proteins Beauty Greens

Breakfast Hash

Potato hash is one of my favorites, plus it can easily be reheated throughout the week.  I usually do a hash of pre roasted sweet potatoes, peppers, onion, kale, mushrooms, and sometimes add chicken or pork sausage.  And you MUST then throw a sunny egg on top.

How to add more Veggies to your Breakfast

Here are a few of my other favorite Hash Recipes:

Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Hash

Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs

Crispy Hash Breakfast Skillet

Bake Healthy Muffins and/or Breads with Added Veggies

You can pretty much slightly modify any recipe and add some shredded zucchini or carrots to enjoy a sweet treat while eating your veggies too.  Win win!

Skinny Zucchini Banana Chocolate Muffins

Whole Grain Carrot Cake Muffins

Zucchini Bread Quinoa Breakfast Cookies

Double Chocolate Paleo Zucchini Bread

Other

Zucchini Oatless “Oatmeal”

Crispy Rice and Salad Bowl– I had this in LA while visiting my sister and it was SO good.  I have yet to try to re-create it at home though.

Sqirl LA Crispy Rice Bowls

How to Eat More Veggies for Breakfast with @Sweetandstrong_Click To Tweet

How do you eat your veggies for breakfast?

Sweet or Savory Breakfast?

Have you tried Vital Proteins?

18 Comments on How to Eat More Veggies for Breakfast

1. Carrie this fit chick
    August 21, 2017 at 12:24 pm (1 month ago)

Ooo yeah, I never had veggies for breakfast, hah. I eat so early its hard to chow down on fiber ick! Love how creative some of these recipes are though! Great for hosting brunch 🙂

August 21, 2017 at 8:53 pm (1 month ago)

Yes I love making any of these recipes for brunch on the weekend, then having for breakfast a few days during the week 🙂

2. amanda @amanda-isms
    August 21, 2017 at 2:24 pm (1 month ago)

These are such good ideas! And something I’m always convicted about…I started buying Vega with greens because I crave sweet in the AM. And minimal effort 🙂 Thanks for the new ideas!!

August 21, 2017 at 8:53 pm (1 month ago)

I really like the Vega greens, and in a smoothie that’s a great way to start the day 🙂

3. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    August 21, 2017 at 3:40 pm (1 month ago)

Great suggestions! I love using a green veggie powder to give my meals an extra boost! I definitely think breakfast is where I’m lacking for greens.

August 21, 2017 at 8:54 pm (1 month ago)

Yes I love green powders especially in the morning. It is really hard to think about veggies early in the morning, but so weird I CRAVE them later in the afternoon and evening.

August 21, 2017 at 7:43 pm (1 month ago)

Great suggestions! I love frittata and egg scrambles with veggies. Frittatas are so nice to make on Sunday and then use for breakfast a few days in a row.

August 21, 2017 at 8:55 pm (1 month ago)

Frittatas are my favorite way to combine veggies and eggs. Usually I make a “clean out the fridge” frittata weekly, lol.

5. cakespy
    August 21, 2017 at 9:49 pm (1 month ago)

Love your delicious strategies for eating more veggies in the AM!

August 22, 2017 at 2:21 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you! I hope you’ll give some of them a try!

6. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    August 22, 2017 at 5:08 am (1 month ago)

I’m trying adding zucchini in my oats tomorrow, not sure how I feel about it but I’m giving it a try!

August 22, 2017 at 2:24 pm (1 month ago)

I don’t mind just a little bit, you can barely taste it! Let me know how it is!

7. Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    August 22, 2017 at 4:58 pm (1 month ago)

I always throw veggies in my eggs, or oatmeal for breakfast! I love veggies in everything

August 23, 2017 at 2:31 pm (1 month ago)

That’s so good! I feel the same way, and I feel lucky that I enjoy my veggies since I know many people don’t.

August 22, 2017 at 5:51 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve actually been all bout savory breakfasts lately. These are some great ideas! Avocado and eggs are the best combo.

August 23, 2017 at 2:32 pm (1 month ago)

I have been all about savory too, which is surprising because I usually love sweets. And YES to Avo and Eggs, BEST combo!

9. Stephanie ReadsWell
    August 23, 2017 at 7:02 am (1 month ago)

I usually tend to avoid veggies. But, I am health conscious as well. These are some great tips and I hope I could be able to add more veggies into my breakfast.

August 23, 2017 at 2:33 pm (1 month ago)

I hope you’ll give some of these a try Stephanie!