This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorFallFlavors #CollectiveBias
I can almost smell it, the crisp Fall breeze, see it, the changing of the leaves, and taste it, all things pumpkin spice. I know many of us are trying to savor the few weeks we have left of Summer but the reality is, Fall is just around the corner.
Not only does Fall bring cooler temperatures, Football, and the greatest season of Fashion (in my opinion), but it also brings limited edition flavors. I’m encouraging you to savor fall flavors with Starbucks® at Giant Eagle this season with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee (12 oz). Seriously is there such a thing as too much pumpkin?!? I didn’t think so. Which is why I’m sharing one of my favorite Healthy Pumpkin Muffins recipes with you that pairs perfectly with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee.
You know me and my sweets, usually I’m all about the occasional indulgence and using the real ingredients; butter, sugar, flour, etc. But I do fit many healthy desserts or sweets into my life as well.
These muffins are given a healthy makeover by using coconut oil and yogurt in replace of butter, maple syrup and banana for sugar, and whole wheat flour for more nutrition. I love that the pumpkin itself acts as an oil, keeping the muffins nice and moist. These are all simple swaps you can make to any recipe without the flavor sacrifice. These muffins can be enjoyed for breakfast or when your sweet tooth is calling.
The spices in the Healthy Pumpkin Muffins pair perfectly with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee which can be found in the coffee aisle of your Giant Eagle store throughout the season.
I love when the house smells of cinnamon and pumpkin spice from brewing a fresh pot of coffee and baking Fall treats. One of my favorite things to do in the Fall is wake up on Sunday morning and sip my coffee outside with a tasty sweet. I always pre-set our coffee pot, so I literally smell the pumpkin spice and fresh coffee while laying in bed. Now that’s a great reason to get up out of bed.
- 1 medium size banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease or line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or using a hand mixer, mash the banana, then add the eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. Mix until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients; whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix with a fork.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full. Recipe will make 14-16 muffins.
- Bake muffins in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool on a cooling rack.
- Pair muffins with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee and enjoy!
These muffins are great to enjoy on the weekend, but can also easily be used for meal prep throughout the week. A homemade recipe is much healthier than grabbing a breakfast out or granola bar on the go. Just don’t forget to take your travel mug of Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee. The muffins will stay in an airtight container for up to five days, or you can freeze them. Enjoy!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Savor Fall Flavors with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee and Healthy Pumpkin Muffins by @sweetandstrong_” quote=”Savor Fall Flavors with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice ground coffee and Healthy Pumpkin Muffins by @sweetandstrong_”]
What’s your favorite Fall flavor?
What do you like to pair your coffee with?
What are you most excited for this coming Fall?