I’ve been home from my trip out west for the Idea World Blogfest and visiting my little sister in Los Angeles for almost a week, but I’m still dreaming about all the delicious food I ate.  Seriously can someone please deliver me a Petty Cash spicy margarita, side of brussels sprouts, and chicken taco?!? Today for What I Ate Wednesday I’m recapping all the fun I had with my sister and of course all the delicious food.

When I arrived late Saturday night we drove straight from the airport to Mamma Shelter to get a seat and dine on the rooftop.  We enjoyed wine, charcuterie, burgers, and broccolini (gotta eat those veggies) and because when the food arrived I dug right in, we only took this picture post meal.

Momma Shelter

Jean Jacket

The next morning my sister and I went to a Pilates Sculpt class at Set and Flow Yoga.  I liked that we kept moving during the workout and used light to medium weights.  The room was also slightly heated so I was dripping in sweat by the end.

Set and Flow Yoga Studio

Sports Bra // Leggings

After class we went back to her apartment and I made a Juicero Glojito.  I’m usually not one that’s super into juicing, but I must say it was really easy to make with the Juicero machine and tasted really refreshing.

Juicero

Sunday was a day devoted to self care, so after breakfast we headed to The Now for massages.  After three days at the Idea World Convention and doing multiple workouts a day, this was much needed.  And how zen is this space?

The Now Massage LA

Matcha lattes with cashew milk to rehydrate after and off to get mani/pedi’s #selfcare.

Matcha Bar Silver Lake

We then had reservations at Kettle Black for dinner.  The evening started with a jalapeño cocktail, cheese board and bread.  We then ordered a pepperoni pizza and kale salad, balance!

Kettle Black Silver Lake

And it just wouldn’t be a Sunday night without dessert, Chocolate Malt and Sweet Cream Soft Serve with honeycomb from Magpies.

Magpies Soft Serve Silver Lake

Monday morning we started the day with my first ever Barry’s Bootcamp workout.  My sister started doing Barry’s a few months ago and has raved about it.  I absolutely loved the workout, it was challenging and a great mix of cardio and strength training.  I can’t wait for the Barry’s to open in Washington DC!

Barry's Bootcamp

We had smoothies from the Fuel Bar and headed home to catch up on Monday to do’s.  Then later made it out for some Poke for lunch.  I got a mix of spicy and original tuna, yum!

Poke

Then we did some afternoon shopping and took photos by the LACMA before heading to my sister’s boyfriends place for dinner.

LACMA

Dress // Sandals

He grilled some amazing Pakistani chicken and steak Bihari Kabab, like melt in your mouth beef and with paratha and onions on the side.  It was all so good!  I need to beg him for a recipe.

Bihari Kabob

I love that my sister likes to get up early to workout as well, the next morning we were up and went to Speedplay for a class through Classpass.  We first tried Speedplay last year and loved it.  Their treadmills are so tough as you have to start running to move them!

I made us a Purple Carrot meal for lunch, Wicked Healthy Kale Salad.  It sure was Wicked Healthy, filled with all the veggies, and also super tasty.

Purple Carrot Meal Delivery Service

We then headed off to Laguna Beach for the day and decided to spend the night at The Casa Laguna Hotel so we didn’t have to worry about driving back.  We went to the beach for a few hours before heading back to the hotel to freshen up and enjoy a glass of rose before dinner.

We dined at K’ya Bistro Bar and ordered almost half of the items on the tapas menu.  Cheese, bacon wrapped dates, meatballs, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and truffle fries.  It was probably one of my favorite meals because we just got to pick at everything.

K'ya Bistro Laguna Beach

Still with full bellies from our tapas dinner, the next morning we slowly made our way down to the hotel complimentary European Breakfast Bar, come on how cute!

Casa Laguna Complimentary European Breakfast

After enjoying the beach for a few more hours it was time to head back to Los Angeles for my final night.  I am always craving good Mexican food and margaritas whenever in California, so I requested a dinner at Petty Cash.  Spicy margs, chips, guac, brussels sprouts, and tacos.  Great way to end an amazing trip.

Petty Cash Taqueria

The morning before I left we decided to hit up one more Barry’s class before my flight.  But after a great workout I was hungryyyyy and requested we make a stop for brunch before heading to the airport.  We ate at Sqril and each had a rice bowl.  How have I never thought of eating rice with eggs, sausage, and veggies for breakfast?  Can’t wait to recreate these at home.

Sqirl LA Crispy Rice Bowls

I always eat delicious food and have a great time whenever I visit my sister in LA.  I already can’t wait for my next trip.

What I Ate Wednesday, @sweetandstrong_ visits Los Angeles #LA #WIAWClick To Tweet

Linking up with Jenn and Laura for What I Ate Wednesday

Have you ever been to Los Angeles?

What’s your favorite vacation meal?

Tell me something delicious that’s been on your plate lately.

22 Comments on What I Ate Wednesday In Los Angeles, CA

1. Evangeline
    August 2, 2017 at 12:06 pm (4 months ago)

It sounds like a wonderful trip! Laguna Beach is one of my favorite CA beaches. When I visited my aunt a few years back, she took me there, and it was breathtaking. Also, the food looks incredible. Honey comb on soft serve is something I need to try.

August 2, 2017 at 2:05 pm (4 months ago)

Laguna is by far my favorite California beach I’ve been to. And I NEED to find myself some honeycomb, I think it was freeze dried maybe?!? It was so good though!

August 2, 2017 at 2:06 pm (4 months ago)

It was a blast! You should definitely go sometime, there’s so much to see and do.

2. Carrie this fit chick
    August 2, 2017 at 1:37 pm (4 months ago)

So many yummy eats! I lived in LA for 3.5 years and didn’t hit up any of those places, hah! I was missing out!

August 2, 2017 at 2:07 pm (4 months ago)

My sister lives in Silver Lake and I think a lot of the places were newer within the last year or so. What were some of your favorite restaurants when you lived there? There are SO many places to choose from for food!

3. Amanda @amanda-isms
    August 2, 2017 at 1:44 pm (4 months ago)

I think I always crave Mexican food and margaritas! Lol! I’ve never been to California
    Though! I need to go!

August 2, 2017 at 2:07 pm (4 months ago)

California has some of my favorite Mexican food and for some reason their margaritas just taste better too. You need to go just for the food 😉

4. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    August 2, 2017 at 2:22 pm (4 months ago)

I’ve heard a lot of Barrys Bootcamp Before – seems kind of like Orange Theory?

August 2, 2017 at 7:36 pm (4 months ago)

It’s kind of like Orange Theory, but with no row machine. You just alternate between the treadmill and floor. I’m not a huge fan of the rower, so I prefer this workout over OT.

5. Erinn
    August 2, 2017 at 5:54 pm (4 months ago)

I haven’t been to LA in a loooong time – but I may have to make a trip there just for the food! That avocado in your last pic looks incredible!
    My favorite vacation meal is finding the best local food that I can only get in that location. I love trying new foods 🙂
    I’ve been eating the BEST garden tomatoes lately – homegrown tomatoes > grocery store tomatoes!
    Have a great day!

August 2, 2017 at 7:37 pm (4 months ago)

Oh yes, I used to love when my mom grew tomatoes growing up. We have no yard space in our current home, so I can’t grow much of anything myself. And I seriously travel so I can try some of the local food. I love experiencing different cultures and fresh food. Food makes people so happy 🙂

6. Marina @ Happy Healing
    August 3, 2017 at 1:50 pm (4 months ago)

OMG all that food looks amazing. I went to LA exactly a year ago and I just loved it. I hiked Runyon and it was absolutely beautiful.

Also I love Barry’s! Can’t wait to go back once my foot is healed! <3

August 3, 2017 at 6:41 pm (4 months ago)

Runyon is such a gorgeous hike, I remember we did that when my sister first moved out to LA. Always so many fun things to do. Hope your foot heals soon!

7. Ashley @ Whiskers and Weights
    August 3, 2017 at 3:14 pm (4 months ago)

All of that food is making me hungry! It all looks amazing! Its so awesome you can enjoy fitness with your sister!

August 3, 2017 at 6:42 pm (4 months ago)

That’s the hardest part of looking at food pics, I love the inspiration, but it also makes me starving lol. And yes my sister is my favorite workout buddy 🙂

August 3, 2017 at 8:21 pm (4 months ago)

Sounds like an amazing trip. All the food looks delicious and that spa is gorgeous! Glad you had fun.

August 4, 2017 at 6:26 pm (4 months ago)

It was a lot of fun, I didn’t want to leave lol!

9. Bethany
    August 4, 2017 at 6:38 am (4 months ago)

That looks amazing and a lot like Japanese dining in a few pictures. I think nachos would be my favorite vacation meal because I haven’t had them in forever!

August 4, 2017 at 6:26 pm (4 months ago)

Yes, chips, nachos, guac, those are all the best poolside snacks!

10. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    August 4, 2017 at 1:09 pm (4 months ago)

What a perfect few vacations days! The food and workouts look/sound dreamy. You are gorgeous too- xoxo!

August 4, 2017 at 6:31 pm (4 months ago)

Aw thanks Julie! And it was a lot of fun, I already want to go back. I love a fit and foodie vacation!