Hi there!  How was your weekend?  We had some beautiful weather here in southern MD for the last weekend of Summer.  Of course I wish the days off could last a bit longer.  But it’s already time to recap the Weekend Highlights.  The weekend included some football, a birthday party, and a trip to the county fair, and of course some good workouts and delicious food.

Friday was actually an inservice day at work.  As a PE Teacher we all had to get re-certified in CPR and first aid in the morning and then head to our schools for an afternoon meeting.  Then Friday night I headed to Tom’s football game, another win 44–3, yay, but they also had a few unfortunate injuries.

Football and Weekend Highlights

Saturday morning I was up around 7 and headed straight to the gym.  I did a little cardio on the treadmill before attending a Bodypump class.  It’s nice as an instructor to occasionally be a participant in a class.  I can use heavier weights and learn how other instructors cue.  It was an awesome workout and I headed home exhausted and ready for some breakfast.

Les Mills Bodypump at World Gym

Nike Free Shoes // Alo Moto Leggings // Takeya Water Bottle

My friends at Vital Proteins have sent me some of their newest products.  This Mixed Berry Collagen Peptides is one of my favorites.  It tastes great added to smoothies and I’ve also been mixing a scoop in my oatmeal.  Then topping with fresh strawberries and almond slices, Mmmm.

Vital Proteins Mixed Berry Collagen Peptides

Did you see the picture of my empty refrigerator on Insta Stories?  It always amazes me how it’s jam packed full on Sunday and completely empty by the end of the week.  So needless to say I made a list while eating breakfast then headed to the store to stock up.

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch relaxing and finishing reading my book, Into the Water, it’s by the author of The Girl on the Train.  It was a good suspenseful read and the entire story doesn’t get revealed until literally the last sentence which I liked.

Into the Water

Later that evening we got ready to head to Blue Dog Salon for a surprise Birthday Party.  I totally forgot to take a picture of my plate, but we had meatballs, Old Bay wings, buffalo chicken dip, nachos, all the best football apps and of course some birthday cake for dessert.  It was a fun outing and so much delicious food.  We left pretty late and then headed straight to bed upon getting home.

Blue Dog Salon Port Tobacco MD

Sunday morning was a much needed sleep in until 9, that rarely happens!  Then I did some yoga, meal prep, and wrote this post before we decided to head to the County Fair.  I’ve lived in southern MD for 7 years and have never been to the Charles County Fair!

We were excited to visit The Crabby Hog truck again, we went to the fairgrounds for food and fireworks on the 4th of July.  A pulled pork sandwich with a crab cake, omg it’s so good!

The Crabby Hog

I do love that Southern MD is all about crab.

The Crabby Hog

And of course a sweet dessert to end the weekend.

Maggie Moo's Ice Cream

Football, a Birthday Party, the County Fair, and all the food and fitness weekend highlights.Click To Tweet

And that wraps up the weekend.  Thanks to Meg for the Week In Review Link Up.  You can read previous Weekend Highlights Here.

What was the highlight of your weekend?

Have you ever been to a county or state fair?

Did you complete any good workouts lately?

22 Comments on Football, a Birthday Party, and the County Fair

September 18, 2017 at 12:29 pm (3 months ago)

I will have to check out that book, I loved Girl on the Train. Glad you had a nice weekend!

September 18, 2017 at 10:32 pm (3 months ago)

I imagine you’ll prob like this book then Emily, it was a good mystery!

2. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    September 18, 2017 at 12:36 pm (3 months ago)

I’ve had “Into The Water” for a few months but haven’t read it yet. I really need to break it out soon since I love “Girl on the Train”. Going to fairs is so fun! I would go almost every year when I was younger to the county or state fair. My best workout recently was my 6 mile run on Saturday morning.

September 18, 2017 at 10:33 pm (3 months ago)

Into the Water was nice that the chapters were super short. During the work week I would read for like 10 min, but two chapters before needing to fall asleep lol. And that’s an awesome run! I love long runs on the weekends. Have a great week Maureen.

3. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets
    September 18, 2017 at 3:43 pm (3 months ago)

I really need to have snacks on hand when I read your post because all this delicious looking food is making me so hungry. I love a good appetizer spread.

Adding that book to my list of books to read. Thanks for the recommendation.

September 18, 2017 at 10:34 pm (3 months ago)

I feel like I ALWAYS need a snack when reading so many blogs lol. And appetizer spreads are the best aren’t they. I’m pretty jealous of your chips and margaritas this weekend! Have a great week Meg.

4. Marina @ Happy Healing
    September 18, 2017 at 6:30 pm (3 months ago)

Ahh you’ve got me drooling looking at those oats, fries, and that ice cream 😛 looks like you had a great weekend! Hope you have the best Monday 🙂

September 18, 2017 at 10:35 pm (3 months ago)

My weekends are usually all about the food. Hope you had a great weekend Marina, happy Monday!

5. Kaylee Gross
    September 18, 2017 at 6:36 pm (3 months ago)

Into the Water was pretty good though I liked Girl on the Train better still. The former had a few too many characters for me.
    Crab cakes are soooo good. Haven’t been to the Texas state fair yet but I went to a county fair years and years ago in upstate New York one summer. We’ll see if I can afford to go to the Texas fair this year (college student problems for sure)

September 18, 2017 at 10:36 pm (3 months ago)

I just saw the movie for Girl on the Train but now I feel like I need to read the book. But yes so many characters, I think I had to go back and review things the first 100 pages or so.

6. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    September 18, 2017 at 10:46 pm (3 months ago)

Hi lady! So much to say! First of all, as a good instructor, it’s super important to always take others’ classes, even when you don’t have much time — because you’ll notice the things you like and don’t like — it keeps it real for you. Second of all, I love that you went to the Fair. hahaha! Enjoy the transition of seasons, friend! 🙂

September 19, 2017 at 2:49 pm (3 months ago)

The fair was entertaining to say the least, but so worth it for some good non typical ‘fair food’. lol. And totally agree with you about taking others classes. I definitly picked up a few things and need to do it more often, even though time does make it tough! Have a great week!

7. Cora
    September 18, 2017 at 10:50 pm (3 months ago)

Crab cakes ON a pulled pork!? Oh man that is all sorts of strange and amazing all in one – and something I would like to try my taste buds at one day.

“County State Fairs” sound so lovely and “storybook” to me. We don’t have them here so I only see them in movies! Aha.

September 19, 2017 at 2:49 pm (3 months ago)

I would never think to put the two together, but it’s delicious!

8. Bethany
    September 19, 2017 at 3:08 am (3 months ago)

This is like the perfect summer/fall weekend! We just had a huge festival in our community and I love all the food so much!

September 19, 2017 at 2:50 pm (3 months ago)

Food festivals are the best right! I love this time of year when it’s the perfect weather to be outside. What’s the weather like in Japan?

9. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    September 19, 2017 at 12:11 pm (3 months ago)

What a delicious weekend of eats!
    I have trouble sleeping in too-9 sounds fabulous!

September 19, 2017 at 2:50 pm (3 months ago)

Sleeping in is so hard as an adult right! I have so many things on my mind. That’s what vacations are for I guess, lol.

September 20, 2017 at 5:37 am (3 months ago)

I am SO jealous of the crab!!! That’s probably my favorite seafood. We have to go get crab legs here at least once a month to satisfy my craving.

September 21, 2017 at 9:41 pm (3 months ago)

Crab legs are so good! You would LOVE all the all you can eat crab houses around here, so good!

11. Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    September 20, 2017 at 6:00 pm (3 months ago)

I totally know what you mean about how quickly your fridge empties out! I’ll go food shopping & think, “I’m all set for weeks!” and then all of a sudden, I’m running out of stuff. And woohoo for your hubby’s team doing well! I remember us chatting about football at Blogfest. I went to one of my dad’s team’s games when I was on the east coast. ‘Tis the season for nonstop football right!

September 21, 2017 at 9:41 pm (3 months ago)

Yes to football season! So cute you went to one of your dad’s games. Hope you’re having a great week Nicole.