Hello friends!  Wishing you a Happy Friday.  Any fun plans this weekend?  We actually had a football game last night so I’m looking forward to some time on the couch this Friday evening and catching up on TV from the week, like This Is Us!  Then a few other fun things happening on Saturday, follow along on Instagram.  But let’s get straight to all things food and fitness I’ve been loving lately for Friday Favorites.

Caramel M&M’s

You all know M&M’s make an appearance in Friday Favorites every so often.  I’m honestly not a huge fan of their flavored candies, but am LOVING these Caramel M&M’s, because well caramel.  I ate some by themselves and then added a cup to an oatmeal cookie recipe, so good!  Next I’m thinking they need to be added to some brownies.

Caramel M&M's

Vital Proteins Banana, Cinnamon & Vanilla Collagen Whey

I’m a huge fan of Vital Proteins products.  I’ve been adding their collagen peptides or collagen whey to my smoothies and some healthy desserts for a few months, have you tried these No Bake Brownie Protein Bites?!?  I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin being clearer, healthy digestion, and am hoping it will make my hair grow faster and thicker.  They recently send me one of their newest collagen whey flavors, Banana, Cinnamon & Vanilla.  It’s super tasty by itself in a smoothie, but the other day I decided to get creative.  I used a grain free banana bread recipe and replaced 1/2 cup of almond flour with four scoops of the whey.  It turned out great!  And I had a slice with some almond butter each night this week for a healthy sweet treat.

Banana Bread with Vital Proteins Collagen Whey

Everly Drink Mixes

The kind team at Everly sent me two of their drink mixes to try, hydration and energy.  You simply add one scoop of mix to water and can drink it on the go or at home.  They’re naturally sugar-free and sweetened with stevia and colored with veggies.  I have been loving the Peach Mango flavor.  I’ve always been a water drinker, but lately I’ve been noticing I want something tasty mid afternoon or with lunch and these mixes have been perfect.

Everly drink mixes

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

When it comes to sweets I typically have cravings for something specific.  This past weekend it was Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, here is the recipe I used and LOVED!  We cannot wait to make these again.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Za’atar Spice Blend

My older sister actually first got me hooked on using za’atar spice blend.  I’ve been out of it for a while though and my local store doesn’t carry any.  Then I noticed this package at Mom’s Organic Market and was so excited to have it back and stocked in my pantry.  It’s a mix of spices and sesame seeds and is great on chicken, with bread and olive oil, or in humus.

Zaatar Spice

Around the Web

In case you missed it on Sweet and Strong I posted:

Other in Food and Fitness:

I need to start getting more creative with my spiralizer.

These Bird Food Energy Bites, YUM!  Great afternoon snack.

Added this Everything Sheet Pan Salmon to the Meal Plan for next week and I can’t wait!

Going to get sweaty and try this 30 Minute Demi Lovato Workout.

Friday Flashbacks

The weather is going to finally cool down this weekend so I’m looking forward to baking with pumpkin.  These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins are a delicious breakfast, you can enjoy your coffee with the Fall air.

Savor Fall Flavors with Starbucks at Giant Eagle and Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

I’ve been feeling pretty sore from my workouts by the end of the week.  And have been trying to spend more time foam rolling, here are 6 Ways to Use a Foam Roller.

6 Ways to Use a Foam Roller. How to Foam Roll using the TriggerPoint GRID

Foodie and Fitness Friday Favorites with @sweetandstrong_Click To Tweet

Linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five.  And Heather for Friday Favorites.  Enjoy your weekend and be sure to read previous Friday Favorites posts here.

What other drinks do you enjoy during the day besides water?

What’s a healthy or indulgent sweet treat you’ve eaten lately?

Tell me something you’re loving this week.

34 Comments on Friday Foodie and Fitness Favorites

1. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    September 29, 2017 at 11:55 am (3 weeks ago)

Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies…YUM!! I now really want to bake lol. These looks so good.

September 29, 2017 at 9:28 pm (3 weeks ago)

Definitely take some take to bake these this weekend, they won’t disappoint!

2. Kim G
    September 29, 2017 at 12:10 pm (3 weeks ago)

Those new Vital Proteins flavors sound super yummy!

September 29, 2017 at 9:30 pm (3 weeks ago)

The banana, cinnamon & vanilla is my new fav!

3. Megan @ Meg Go Run
    September 29, 2017 at 12:24 pm (3 weeks ago)

Happy Friday! You look so happy to be on your foam roller. 🙂 I rolled my glutes this morning and I must say it felt GOOD. My neighbors made us pumpkin cookies so I am enjoying them right now! She made them with a box of spice cake mix, but you would never know it.

September 29, 2017 at 9:31 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Happy Friday Megan! Def love rolling any part of my body, especially legs and gluten. And yum, I’m craving all pumpkin desserts now.

4. Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner
    September 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm (3 weeks ago)

we love Zaatar spice over here too! I am trying to think up some new ways to use it. I was kind of afraid to try the caramel M & M’s bc I fear they are way to addictive!

September 29, 2017 at 9:32 pm (3 weeks ago)

What’s your favorite way to use Zaatar? I’m thinking I want to use it with some bread and olive oil dip next. And unfortunately yes, the caramel M&M’s are addicting! All M&M’s are in my opinion lol

5. Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    September 29, 2017 at 12:47 pm (3 weeks ago)

I have not tried the caramel M&Ms yet but I love all things caramel and M&Ms so I’m pretty sure I will love them. I made red velvet cupcakes for my sister this week for sweets then she decorated them. They came out looking……lovely, yes Ill say like a lovely mess. She’s a 8 yr old artist.lol

September 29, 2017 at 9:33 pm (3 weeks ago)

Haha so cute you let her decorate her cupcakes! And you must try the caramel M&M’s, they’re delicious.

6. Erinn
    September 29, 2017 at 12:57 pm (3 weeks ago)

I need to try those caramel m&ms!!
    And those cookies look so good – thanks for sharing the recipe!

September 29, 2017 at 9:33 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Erinn! Happy Friday. I hope you give both a try 😉

7. Sarah @ Bucket List Tummy
    September 29, 2017 at 1:01 pm (3 weeks ago)

This post is making me hungry! Cookies, muffins and banana bread. I’ll be catching up on This is Us tonight too!

September 29, 2017 at 9:34 pm (3 weeks ago)

Eat some sweet treats while catching up, we’ll be doing the same 🙂 Happy Friday Sarah!

8. Carrie this fit chick
    September 29, 2017 at 1:38 pm (3 weeks ago)

I’m always sipping on crystal lite and la croix drinks! Those cookies look fantastic- the chunks in there are amazing!

September 29, 2017 at 9:35 pm (3 weeks ago)

We always have La Croix in the fridge! What’s your favorite flavor? And omg the cookies were so good, chocolate peanut butter heaven!

9. Cora
    September 29, 2017 at 1:59 pm (3 weeks ago)

Caramel M&Ms!?! So I need to find me some Canadian bags of these…

I baked oatmeal cookies last week, too. Man nothing beats the classic eh?

September 29, 2017 at 9:35 pm (3 weeks ago)

OMG they don’t have them in Canada?!? I hope you can find them, if not I highly suggest ordering some, so good! And oatmeal cookies are so good, I had literally been craving them!

September 29, 2017 at 3:58 pm (3 weeks ago)

Those cookies look amazing! I love seltzer water, and probably drink way to much coffee. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

September 29, 2017 at 9:36 pm (3 weeks ago)

Lately I’ve been enjoying a lot of seltzer water too. I just love the bubbles. Have a great weekend Emily!

11. amanda @amanda-isms
    September 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm (3 weeks ago)

So cool! I just discovered MOM’s organic Market this week! And to answer one of your questions, I picked up some Kombucha that was on sale there! I’ve been enjoying buying 1-2 for the week to have something a little bubbly/good for me at night (when I’m also thinking of wine ;). ) I’m visiting family and friends in DE this weekend that I haven’t seen in a few months so I’m excited!!

September 29, 2017 at 9:37 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Amanda! Have so much fun in DE this weekend, hoping they have some beautiful fall temperatures there too! And I totally do the same with kombucha. I’ll pour it in a glass and pretend its a cocktail, haha.

September 29, 2017 at 9:37 pm (3 weeks ago)

Seriously, aren’t they addicting!

12. Tori @ Pursuing Posh
    September 29, 2017 at 7:07 pm (3 weeks ago)

I throw some of the tasteless Collagen peptides in my Daily detox drink and I only bought it because it WAS flavorless (my bone broth was too much flavor) but now you have me intrigues with the Cinnamon & Vanilla… May give it a try in something! Happy Friday! 🙂

September 29, 2017 at 9:39 pm (3 weeks ago)

Yes I like the plain in coffee too. I really like the flavored collagen in my smoothies, this Banana Cinnamon and their Mixed Berry have been my favs. Happy Friday Tori, hope you have a great weekend!

13. Bethany
    October 1, 2017 at 8:42 pm (2 weeks ago)

Those cookies look amazing! We should put the M&Ms in them! Have a great weekend!

October 2, 2017 at 3:07 pm (2 weeks ago)

I seriously thought of adding them! I’m thinking the mini ones would be perfect, totally trying it next time.

14. Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    October 2, 2017 at 1:13 am (2 weeks ago)

Those cookies look yummy! I like combining oatmeal with pb + chocolate chip. And I love finding spice blends that you can use for so many things… I use this stuff called Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt on everything!

October 2, 2017 at 3:08 pm (2 weeks ago)

Yes I love finding spice blends that have clean ingreidents on can use on many things. That salt blend sounds delicious!

15. Catherine Hathaway
    October 3, 2017 at 6:11 am (2 weeks ago)

Yay! Always looking for new cookie recipes! YUMMMMM

October 4, 2017 at 11:37 am (2 weeks ago)

Hi Catherine! That PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chip recipe is definitely a keeper! I highly suggest you make them, only thing is they’re addicting, lol.

16. Kaylen
    October 5, 2017 at 5:58 am (2 weeks ago)

I can’t live without my vital proteins!
    Cookies look so good!!!

October 5, 2017 at 12:44 pm (2 weeks ago)

SAME! I’ve been using it since June and am so hooked!