Hello and Happy Friday to you!  This was the longest short week everrrr.  It was our first week back with students so it’s always difficult to get back in the routine.  And I was exhausted and in bed by 9:30 every night, welcome back right.  So needless to say I am looking forward to some much needed relaxation this weekend and of course watching some football.  Following along on Instagram, you never know something exciting may happen.  But now it’s time to share all things food, fun, and fitness I’ve been loving lately for Friday Favorites.

Brownies

I can’t believe I’m saying this because cupcakes have always been my favorite dessert, but lately I’ve been obsessed with brownies.  Sally’s is my go to fudge brownie recipe.  But I love adding a few extra things like the s’mores brownies I made at the beginning of Summer.  Or these that I topped with a homemade caramel sauce.  Sugar on more sugar, that’s how I like to do dessert.

It's time for Friday Favorites.  Caramel Fudge Brownies.

Native Deodorant

I first saw Native Deodorant on Julie’s Friday Favorites and immediately ordered some for Tom and myself.  I have been reading a lot lately about all the harmful chemicals in other deodorants I’ve been wanting to switch to a natural kind.  I love the smell of the vanilla & coconut, it reminds me of the beach.  And I bought Tom the Eucalyptus Mint.  We were both worried the refreshing smell wouldn’t last all day, but were both pleasantly impressed.  So tried and truly loved favorite.  If you purchase a Native Deodorant through this link we’ll both receive a free travel size.

Native Deodorant Friday Favorites

Hot Yoga

Through Classpass I’ve been able to attend a few different yoga classes around the DMV.  I prefer a flow style class, but as long as it’s a hot room I feel like I get a good stretch.  The hot room really helps relax my muscles I think.  Plus you leave sweaty and feeling like you accomplished a great workout.  I recently attended a class at Zweet Sport in Alexandria.  It wasn’t my favorite yoga class, mainly just because it was Bikram yoga, but I would definitely go back to try some of the others they offer.

Zweet Sport Hot Yoga

Red Jacket Fresh Juices

The kind team at Red Jacket Orchards sent me a few of their cold-pressed juices to try.  At first I thought I would drink them plain, then started seeing recipes for using them in smoothies and really want to try that.  The juices are made with simple clean ingredients from the family owned farm and are all delicious.  They also come in single serving bottles that are so practical when on the go and needing a refreshing beverage.

Red Jacket Orchards Friday Favorites

Being a Fitness Instructor

I recently got certified to teach Les Mills BODYPUMP back in April and since have just been subbing at my local gym.  But I’m so excited they were able to put me on the Fall schedule and I now have my own class!  So if you’re in Southern MD come see me at World Gym in La Plata for 5:45 AM BODYPUMP to get that early morning workout in.

Les Mills Body Pump World Gym

Around the Web

Congrats to Samantha for winning the Takeya Bottle Giveaway, have you tried the Treadmill workout I paired with this post?

This Spaghetti Squash Taco Bake is a great low carb meal that is also super tasty.

Low Carb Taco Bake using All Whites Liquid Egg Whites

I often get asked about Meal Prep, honestly no two weeks are ever the same as to how I organize it, but here are some great Meal Prep Hacks to make your life easier.

I recently watched the documentary “What the Health” and one of the ‘facts’ (notice the ‘) it gave was that eating an egg is equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes, so glad this article written by a professional clears up that statement.  I’m not giving up my 2-3 whole eggs I eat everyday.

It's time for Friday Favorites with @sweetandstrong_ all things food and fitness.Click To Tweet

Linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five.  And Heather for Friday Favorites.  Enjoy your weekend and be sure to read previous Friday Favorites posts here.

What’s your favorite over the top dessert?

Tell me something you’ve been loving lately.

Do you like hot yoga?

24 Comments on It’s Time for Friday Favorites!

September 8, 2017 at 9:55 pm (2 weeks ago)

Thanks Emily! They were delicious, I might need to make another batch this weekend, hehe

1. Kim G
    September 8, 2017 at 11:41 am (2 weeks ago)

I have been hearing some great things about Native deodorant so I think I will give it a try.

Congrats on your class!!

September 8, 2017 at 9:55 pm (2 weeks ago)

It’s the first natural kind I’ve tried so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I really like it. Happy Weekend Kim!

September 8, 2017 at 9:56 pm (2 weeks ago)

YES I love Corepower! It’s impossible to get into a ClassPass class in my area though, which is annoying. I may just need to buy some sessions.

2. MCM Mama
    September 8, 2017 at 12:02 pm (2 weeks ago)

Mmm, brownies! Congrats on getting a class. I’m not a fan of any yoga, but I do love a warm/hot room during the winter.

September 8, 2017 at 9:57 pm (2 weeks ago)

Thank you, maybe I should celebrate with more brownies 😉 Happy Weekend!

3. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness
    September 8, 2017 at 12:26 pm (2 weeks ago)

Isn’t Body Pump the best? I have been teaching that for over 9 years and love it. I teach that as well as Les Mills RPM.

September 8, 2017 at 9:57 pm (2 weeks ago)

9 years, wow that’s so awesome Lacey! How do you like RPM, that’s the spin class right? I’ve thought about getting trained in that next.

4. Madeline Custer
    September 8, 2017 at 5:34 pm (2 weeks ago)

That spaghetti squash bake looks so hearty and comforting! Definitely going to have to make that when the temps drop a little more. Congratulations on your Les Mills BodyPump class! I’m sure you will have regulars in your class in no time!

September 8, 2017 at 9:58 pm (2 weeks ago)

Thanks Madeline! And I hope you try the spaghetti squash, especially since it’s almost in season. Happy Weekend!

5. Rachel
    September 9, 2017 at 12:14 am (2 weeks ago)

I love the tart cherry juice. It’s the only juice I drink and I put it in a smoothie for the anti-inflammatory properties, but it’s so so good.

And I need to try out that deodorant! Thanks for the tip. 🙂

September 10, 2017 at 11:07 pm (2 weeks ago)

Yes I’ve heard great things about cherry juice. Love juices that don’t have other added sugars or ingredients though.

6. Samantha
    September 9, 2017 at 7:49 pm (2 weeks ago)

I love Sally’s website for new recipes, she is an amazing baker!! If you like pumpkin, I suggest giving her pumpkin cookies a go! Lately i’ve been enjoying the cooler mornings here and seeing the first hints of fall. Oh.. and I tried your treadmill workout yesterday before work and loved it! I just adjusted the speeds a little bit and did it about 5 times 🙂

September 10, 2017 at 11:08 pm (2 weeks ago)

Awesome Samantha! I’m so glad you liked it. Definitely adjust as needed. And omg I’m literally trying to make my way through all of Sally’s recipes. 🙂

7. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    September 10, 2017 at 3:08 pm (2 weeks ago)

I”ve been thinking about trying a natural deodorant, but I’m a sweat a lot when I workout! I’ve got to try that one.

September 10, 2017 at 11:09 pm (2 weeks ago)

I do the same when I workout. I was worried it wouldn’t stand up to the nervous sweat, for me that’s what gets stinky lol.

8. Esther
    September 11, 2017 at 1:04 am (2 weeks ago)

I am so proud of you for your own class! I have been enjoying mine 🙂
    Can’t wait till we launch 103!
    Those brownies!
    Hope you got to relax this weekend! <3

September 11, 2017 at 10:27 pm (2 weeks ago)

Have you started learning 103 yet? I’m gonna start this weekend, haven’t heard when we’re launching though.

September 11, 2017 at 5:01 am (2 weeks ago)

Thank you so much for sharing the brownie recipe. We’re big brownie fans – I’m forever trying new recipes!

September 11, 2017 at 10:27 pm (2 weeks ago)

Sally’s recipe is the best and the ONLY one you’ll need!

10. Meagan
    September 11, 2017 at 8:44 pm (2 weeks ago)

yum!! trying that recipe tonight!!

September 11, 2017 at 10:34 pm (2 weeks ago)

Let me know what you think!