Well hello there!  Happy Wednesday hope you’re having a great week!  This past weekend I took some time for Self Care, which meant I didn’t get a blog post up with the food and fitness highlights.  So here’s a look at my Saturday pre/post workout meals and other weekend eats for What I Ate Wednesday.

Saturday morning my friend invited me to her gym, 301 Strong for an ‘open house’ type workout.  I had been wanting to try a class here for a while, but always feel more comfortable trying something new with a friend.  Before heading out I quickly ate half a banana with some almond butter and cinnamon.  I love this pre workout meal rather than eating a packaged bar.

Pre-Workout Breakfast What I Ate Wednesday

For the workout we went through a warm up and then a lot of functional training and push/pull movements including squats, deadlifts, and planks.  Then ended the workout using the battle ropes.  I had never done ropes before, dang they are tough!

301 Strong

After the workout I scheduled an assessment with one of the trainers for this afternoon and I’m hoping to be able to attend more of their workouts in the future.

301 Strong White Plains, MD

When I got home I wasn’t really hungry, I was just freezing from the temps being in the low 30’s so I just drank a cup of coffee with one scoop of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer.  Sitting and watching HGTV and catching up on some internet reading is such a nice way to spend a weekend morning.

Vital Proteins Collagen Coffee Creamer, Post Workout

After getting cleaned up and making a grocery list, I figured I should eat lunch before heading to the store.  Never a good idea to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach right!  I received four meals from Freshly to try.  They are single serving meals with a wide range of meal options for different dietary needs.   They are prepared by chefs and delivered to your doorstep fresh- never frozen.  You just need to warm them up and enjoy.  Every meal is gluten-free, packed with protein, free of refined sugars, and all natural.

Freshly Meal Delivery Service

I had the BBQ chicken with sweet potato hash which was really tasty.  If you’re interested in trying Freshly use the PROMO CODE: eat639 for $20 off your first 6 meals.  I highly suggest them for anyone that just doesn’t have the time to cook a fresh meal.  And I’ll be sharing more about the meals I tried later this week and on Instagram.

Freshly BBQ Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash

After lunch and running errands I was home for the rest of the night and made some Turkey Chili and Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting while watching college football with Tom.  And after two glasses of wine I was passed out by 9:30, ha!

Turkey Chili, What I Ate Wednesday

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Have a great rest of your week.  I’ll see you back here for Friday FavoritesIn the meantime be sure to follow along with all things food and fitness on Instagram.

Linking up with Jenn and Laura for What I Ate Wednesday  You can find more of my favorite healthy recipes here.

Pre/Post workout meals and weekend eats for What I Ate Wednesday with @sweetandstrong_ #WIAW @getfreshlyClick To Tweet

What are your favorite Pre/Post Workout eats?

Tell me something delicious on your plate this week.

Have you tried any meal delivery services?

16 Comments on Pre/Post Workout and Weekend Eats for What I Ate Wednesday

1. Erinn
    November 15, 2017 at 1:48 pm (4 weeks ago)

That is such a good idea for a pre-workout breakfast! I usually eat a slice of toast with nut butter…or just a glass of iced coffee depending on what I’m doing. Usually I have trouble with heart burn if I eat before a run in the morning.
    We just got a blue apron shipment yesterday and I’m so excited to cook up some delicious meals!

November 15, 2017 at 2:40 pm (4 weeks ago)

Yes I feel the same with pre workout snacks, I need to be careful or they’ll affect my workout in a negative way. And I tried Blue Apron before, I loved that I had meals I wouldn’t normally have made. So fun cooking something new sometimes! Have a great rest of your week Erinn.

2. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    November 15, 2017 at 2:39 pm (4 weeks ago)

The pumpkin cupcakes look delicious! I’ve never tried a meal delivery service but I have tried some recipes from place that are amazing.

I really need to get back into using my collagen…thanks for the reminder!

This week, I’ve been enjoying the pumpkin bread I made on Sunday. It’s so tasty and the perfect post run snack 🙂

November 15, 2017 at 2:41 pm (4 weeks ago)

Mmmmm Pumpkin bread is so delicous. I love it for dessert or for breakfast! Have a gret rest of your week Maureen.

3. Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    November 16, 2017 at 12:34 am (4 weeks ago)

I struggle with pre workout snackage. I hate anything sloshing around in my tummy. Glad you enjoyed some you time

November 16, 2017 at 1:40 pm (4 weeks ago)

I feel the same way. Typically I don’t eat much of anything unless I’m working out later in the morning.

November 16, 2017 at 2:32 am (4 weeks ago)

Those cupcakes are beautiful! It is always so fun to check out new classes.

November 16, 2017 at 1:41 pm (4 weeks ago)

Thanks, I crave the cream cheese frosting, so good! And yes new classes are the best right, it’s so nice to have someone motivate you every so often.

November 16, 2017 at 11:11 pm (4 weeks ago)

Exactly! I love to cook but we all need a break every so often right!

5. Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    November 16, 2017 at 5:53 pm (4 weeks ago)

I could definitely go for a pumpkin cupcake right now – even though it’s not even 10 am haha… Looks delicious!

November 16, 2017 at 11:11 pm (4 weeks ago)

That’s the great thing about pumpkin, is it could totally be breakfast or dessert 😉

6. Sarah @ Bucket List Tummy
    November 16, 2017 at 10:09 pm (4 weeks ago)

Sounds like the perfect slow weekend. Those cupcakes are making me drool – the icing looks so good

November 16, 2017 at 11:12 pm (4 weeks ago)

I could totally just eat the icing, it’s so good!

7. Kat
    November 17, 2017 at 7:58 pm (4 weeks ago)

Oh my gosh give me allll the battle ropes!! I absolutely aodre those things. I use them as a finisher for my group fitness classes all the time! You don’t need much time with them for them to work.
    And that cupcake. Ohmygosh. I want it.

November 18, 2017 at 3:57 pm (4 weeks ago)

YES we only did 20 second intervals six times and omg so tough! Great idea to use them as a finisher. And Pumpkin cupcakes are my favorite Fall dessert, so good!