This post is sponsored by Chesapeake Bay Candle and SheSavvy. I received product and compensation for this post, of course all thoughts are my own. Thanks for supporting Sweet and Strong sponsors.

I focus a lot on taking care of myself nutritionally and through fitness, but I know I lack on the emotional side of healthy living. Overall wellness includes the mind and body. And life is busy enough with the stress of work, family, and fitting in exercise. One of the best ways to cope with stress is to engage in an enjoyable and relaxing activity.

Take Time for Yourself, 20 Self Care Activities

Inspired by the ever-evolving wellness lifestyle trend that includes aromatherapy, yoga, organic products, healthy diet and outdoor adventure, the Chesapeake Bay Mind & Body collection offers an artfully curated line of home fragrance products inviting you on a fragrance filled journey into wellness for the mind and body.

Chesapeake Bay Candle Mind & Body Collection

Chesapeake Bay Candle co-founder Mei Xu says, “With the rise of the new technologies our lives have become super organized. But we are not happier. We need to slow down and find time for ourselves. I wanted to design a home fragrance collection that helps people to achieve a state of balance and peace inside, so they can share their joy and energy with others. The Chesapeake Bay Mind & Body collection invites you to pause, to find a moment of stillness and to enjoy the simple pleasure of fragrance.”

Chesapeake Bay Candle Mind & Body Collection
The Mind & Body collection includes 10 soothing scents. The frosted pastel jars allow the light of the flame to shine through while burning. All candles are made from a natural soy wax blend and feature self trimming wicks and fragrances that are enhanced with all natural essential oils.

Take Time for Yourself with these 20 Self Care Activities

Here are some of my ideas to take time for self care. I highly suggest you make your own list of activities and make them a part of your daily to do list. I am loving lighting a Chesapeake Bay Mind & Body candle and finding joy in self care.

20 Self Care Activities

Read a Book

Take Time for yourself with Self Care

Lately before bed I’ve been putting my phone on the night stand and diving into a good book instead of social media. I’ve found it really helps relax my mind as I read about and imagine the drama in the story, which also puts me to sleep quickly. Light the Joy + Laughter candle with a Cranberry Dahlia scent with plum nectar, pink peppercorn, cedarwood, and mahogany. This blissful fruity fragrance is enhanced with the essential oils of orange peel, lemon, and cedarwood.

Take Time for yourself with Self Care

Get a Massage

Go for a Walk or Run

Practice Yoga or Meditation

Turn Off Your Phone and Computer

Sit in a Coffee Shop

Keep a Journal

Self Care Activities

I’m always writing down thoughts and ideas in my journal or planner. Light the Focus + Patience candle for tobacco cedar scent of black tea, cinnamon, and cedar. And with the natural essential oils of birch tar, cedarwood, and patchouli. This fragrance is my favorite. I just love the earthy scent.

Self Care Activities

Eat Your Favorite Meal

Buy Flowers for Yourself

Get Your Nails Done

Take a Mental Health Day Off Work (Shhhh we won’t tell)

Try Something New for the First Time

Take a Bubble Bath

Self Care Activities featuring Chesapeake Bay Candle Mind & Body Collection

Especially in the cooler months, nothing feels more relaxing than a bubble bath. Typically, I draw a bath with epsom salt for muscle recovery. Light the Peace + Tranquility candle for a cashmere jasmine scent of exotic jasmine, cotton blossoms, and rose. It also includes three essential oils; ylang ylang, lemon, and cedarwood.

Take Time for Yourself with these 20 Self Care Activities

Have an Intense Workout Session

Take a Nap

Stretch

Binge Watch your Favorite TV Show

Create a Vision Board for Yourself

Put on a Face Mask

Treat Yourself to Dessert

Take Time for yourself with Self Care

You all know I’m all about the sweets. And whenever treating myself it’s usually always something with chocolate. Indulge in your favorite dessert while lighting the Love + Passion candle with a grapefruit and mango scent of peach nectar, sparkling orange, and tart grapefruit. And it includes the natural essential oils of orange and lemon.

Chesapeake Bay Candle Mind & Body Collection

Take time for yourself with these 20 #selfcare Activities from @sweetandstrong_ featuring @CBayCandleClick To Tweet

Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.

Like this Post?  Then You’ll Love:

What would you add to this self care list?

Which Chesapeake Bay Candle would you try?

Do you take time for self care?

32 Comments on Take Time for Yourself with these 20 Self Care Activities

1. Bethany
    November 9, 2017 at 11:03 am (1 week ago)

Coffee, candles, reading, and face masks are my favorites!

November 9, 2017 at 5:02 pm (1 week ago)

I love all of those too Bethany! Hope you can find some time for self care daily.

2. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    November 9, 2017 at 12:32 pm (1 week ago)

I love to curl up on the couch to read while a candle is burning. Something about it is so relaxing! I love discovering new candles so I’ll definitely have to check out the ones from Chesapeake Bay.

November 9, 2017 at 5:03 pm (1 week ago)

The candles smell so good! I even love when I can smell a candle when they’re not lit and I keep catching whifs of these. And reading on the couch is one of my favorite forms of self care as well. Read any good books lately?

3. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness
    November 9, 2017 at 2:20 pm (1 week ago)

Whenever I light a candle I feel it to be really calming. I wish I. Read more. I have one always on my nightstand but find myself scrolling thru Pinterest instead.

November 9, 2017 at 5:04 pm (1 week ago)

I used to always scroll through instagram, now I force myself to put my phone down and read a chapter or too. And once I really get into a book I really enjoy the reading time. Give it a try! Or another self care activity.

4. Naomi || Naomi Why: Roots
    November 9, 2017 at 2:41 pm (1 week ago)

I love all of these. Journaling and walks are two of my go-to self-care activities. I can’t have a candle in my dorm room, but I’m seriously considering getting a wax melter. It’s not quite the same, but at least you get the same lovely scent!

November 9, 2017 at 5:05 pm (1 week ago)

Oh gosh I forget that you can’t have candles in dorms. A was melter definitely has similar effects, I love the fresh scent they provide. And journaling and walks are two great self care activities. I hope you find some time to do them daily!

5. Emily Swanson
    November 9, 2017 at 2:44 pm (1 week ago)

I LOVE writing a blog post with a burning candle, especially a pumpkin spice one right now; it’s so relaxing! And I love how you included different activities like reading and then doing an intense workout. Sometimes an intense workout can actually be really really refreshing and at other times a good rest on the couch with a good book is refreshing!

November 9, 2017 at 5:06 pm (1 week ago)

I totally agree Emily! Sometimes I need some mindless, sometimes I want my mind on, and sometimes I just want to be crazy active. Definitly depends on my mood and stress level. And yes ALL about the pumpkin spice right now, Fall scents are my favorite.

November 9, 2017 at 4:07 pm (1 week ago)

These are all such great ideas. I need to check these candles out–anything to relax with a baby at home is appreciated! 🙂

November 9, 2017 at 5:07 pm (1 week ago)

You definitly need the candles and to find time for self care with your newborn. I love that the candles also have essential oils, like two in one!

7. Sarah @ Bucket List Tummy
    November 10, 2017 at 12:52 pm (1 week ago)

Great list! I’ve really taken a huge passion for self care this year – I talk about it with all clients too. A good smelling candle is the best thing ever.

November 13, 2017 at 12:06 pm (6 days ago)

I’ve tried to make it a priority this year as well. And candles really help put me in a relaxing mood.

8. Erinn
    November 10, 2017 at 3:23 pm (1 week ago)

These candles are beautiful! I need to stock up on some fall and winter scents 🙂
    I include exercise for self care – I always feel more energized when I get my workout in!

November 13, 2017 at 12:07 pm (6 days ago)

I definitely agree exercise is self care. Especially if it’s a workout class that someone else is teaching for me. And fall and winter scents are my favorite 🙂

November 13, 2017 at 12:07 pm (6 days ago)

Thanks! Now it’s just about finding time to do them right!

November 11, 2017 at 12:25 am (1 week ago)

I need to light candles more often. They give such a relaxing ambiance! Maybe tonight… I’ve been having trouble sleeping and I know that would relax me!

November 13, 2017 at 12:08 pm (6 days ago)

They totally help me relax! I always get in a sleepy mood when the lights are low and we have candles lit.

10. amanda @amanda-isms
    November 11, 2017 at 12:58 pm (1 week ago)

I like the ‘sit in a coffee shop’ one. I always do homework in the coffee shop, but before the semester started I went and just brought my book or to catch up on reading blogs and it was the most enjoyable thing!

November 13, 2017 at 12:09 pm (6 days ago)

Oh yes that’s a good one! I always feel so productive when working in a coffee shop. And sometimes it’s fun just to catch up with a friend or people watch.

11. Elizabeth
    November 11, 2017 at 7:46 pm (1 week ago)

Hello, Patricia .

I love scented candles so much. I can’t go a day without lighting one. How much are these scented candles? What is your favorite scent aside from the Focus+Patience?

November 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm (6 days ago)

The Focus and Patience is my favorite scent. I love the tobacco and cedar smell.

12. Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    November 13, 2017 at 4:53 am (6 days ago)

Funny, I just wrote about self-care recently too! I’m all about taking time out for myself to do things that I enjoy. A few of my favorites are getting a massage, going for a hike, and putting on a face mask. These candles sound great! I adore lighting calming candles in my house. Right now I have this yummy smelling pumpkin caramel one that I’ve been burning.

November 13, 2017 at 12:11 pm (6 days ago)

Oh a pumpkin caramel candle sounds like it smells so good. Fall scents are totally my favorite. And love all those self care ideas! I hope you had some time to do them this weekend 😉

13. Nicole @ Bento Momentos
    November 13, 2017 at 2:47 pm (6 days ago)

I didn’t realize how bad I was about self-care during college until afterwards. Nowadays, I’m ALLLL about self care. Wonderful post!

November 14, 2017 at 1:43 pm (5 days ago)

Yes it’s so hard to be a bit selfish and take time for yourself, but oh so important! Have a great week Nicole!

14. Rachel
    November 14, 2017 at 4:58 pm (5 days ago)

I love taking some time out for myself! It’s so important. Taking an Epsom salt bath is one of my favorite ways to relax, and I also like going for long walks. Fresh air does me good!

November 14, 2017 at 10:14 pm (4 days ago)

Both of those are great for self care activities and two of my favorites to do on the weekend.

15. Paul
    November 14, 2017 at 11:41 pm (4 days ago)

We should definitely do these things more often. I’ve never taken a “mental day off work” but I love the idea. Taking walks with no destination are very relaxing. Great post!

November 15, 2017 at 2:39 pm (4 days ago)

Walks are great, but mental health days are even better! hehe 🙂