Hi friends!  Hope you’re having a great week.  Things are pretty normal over here.  Just sleep, work, eat and repeat until Christmas break.  On the weekends though I love spending some time getting into the Holiday spirit.  This past weekend involved a trip to Barry’s Bootcamp in DC for opening weekend and some festive sweet treats.  Sharing all the delicious eats for WIAW, What I Ate Wednesday.

On Sunday over the weekend I was up early and headed into the city for a Barry’s Bootcamp class.  Before hitting the rode I drank a glass of Bolthouse Farms Chocolate Plant Protein Milk to help me fuel through the workout.

Did you see this Instagram Post, I’ve teamed up with Bolthouse Farms to give one lucky follower a Chocolate and Vanilla Plant Protein Milk.

Bolthouse Farms Plant Based Protein Milk

Barry’s just opened in DC this past weekend.  I tried the workout for the first time when I visited my sister in LA and loved it!  It’s a mix of sprints and/or hills on the treadmill and doing exercises on the floor with weights, bands, or medicine balls.  Sunday’s workout was a 50 minute Full Body class.  The floor exercises targeted upper and lower body and abdominals.  It was a great workout and I was a sweaty mess by the end.

Barry's Bootcamp DC

Barry’s has an amazing Fuel Bar with a varitey of post workout shakes.  But Instead of a post workout shake I decided on eating brunch at Glen’s Garden Market.  I had the Greens and Grains sandwich and added bacon.  My sister had a hot lunch chicken sandwich.  Both were super tasty.

Brunch at Glen's Garden Market

We sat and chatted awhile before decided we needed to satisfy our sweet tooth (we are related after all).  Even though it was 40 some degrees out, ice cream sounded like a great idea.  Plus a Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream has just recently opened in DC and I’ve never been.

Jeni's Ice Cream DC

Jeni's Ice Cream DC

I got the Dark Chocolate Peppermint and Matterhorn with sprinkles and their honey whipped cream.  It tasted like Christmas!

Jeni's Ice Cream

By the time I was home I was exhausted but managed to get a few things done around the house, then relax on the couch before prepping dinner.  We made burgers in the cast iron skillet (way too cold to grill) and for sides we had roasted potatoes and vegetables.

One of my favorite parts about the holidays is baking Christmas cookies.  Last week I made and froze some of these Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles.  To add to our collection to take home with us I made some sugar cookies.  Tom did an excellent job rolling and cutting and I decorated them.

Pre/Post Barry's Bootcamp workout eats and tasty holiday sweet treats for #WIAW with @sweetandstrong_Click To Tweet

Linking up with Jenn and Laura for What I Ate Wednesday  You can find more of my favorite healthy recipes here.

What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?

Do you crave ice cream in the Winter?

Do you prefer upper body, lower body, or total body workouts?

18 Comments on Pre/Post Barry’s Bootcamp Workout and WIAW

1. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness
    December 13, 2017 at 12:04 pm (1 month ago)

Too cold to grill. But never too cold for ice cream right? That boot camp class sounds like it would be intense.

December 13, 2017 at 1:39 pm (1 month ago)

I’m so glad you agree 🙂

2. Sarah @ Bucket List Tummy
    December 13, 2017 at 12:41 pm (1 month ago)

Jeni’s ice cream is a godsend -I tried it when I visited my brother in Nashville. Wish we had it in Charlotte!

December 13, 2017 at 1:40 pm (1 month ago)

It was so good! I imagine they’ll be expanding to more cities soon.

3. Erinn
    December 13, 2017 at 1:25 pm (1 month ago)

Okay so that sandwich has my mouth watering!
    My favorite Christmas cookie is either snickerdoodles or plain old chocolate chip.
    I haven’t been craving ice cream, all I want is hot chocolate!

December 13, 2017 at 1:40 pm (1 month ago)

Yes snickerdoodles are one of my favorites too. I added chocolate chips to them this year so it’s like the best of both worlds!

4. Evangeline
    December 13, 2017 at 2:17 pm (1 month ago)

Molasses crinkle cookies are probably my favorite Christmas cookie, but it’s hard to choose. Glad you enjoyed time with your sister!

December 13, 2017 at 11:33 pm (1 month ago)

I definitely agree, it’s hard to choose a favorite xmas cookie! I’ve never made molasses cookies before, I need to get on that.

December 13, 2017 at 2:59 pm (1 month ago)

My favorite are still good old fashioned chocolate chip…I can’t get over how much I love them! I never crave ice cream all winter long…only during warm months! During winter all I want are warm desserts. I think upper body workouts are my favorite!

December 13, 2017 at 11:34 pm (1 month ago)

I love the classic chocolate chip cookies too. I sometimes add red/green M&M’s or mint chips for the holidays.

December 13, 2017 at 11:35 pm (1 month ago)

Haha, we’ll still use it to cook a few things because it’s just impossible to go all winter long without that grill taste right!

6. Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off
    December 13, 2017 at 4:52 pm (1 month ago)

Oooh I’ve heard Barry’s is INTENSE! Also I had no idea there was a Jeni’s in DC now omg you just changed my life! So yes, I do crave ice cream in the winter haha. Fave Christmas cookies are a tie between gingersnaps and snickerdoodles.

December 13, 2017 at 11:35 pm (1 month ago)

Ok so you MUST try a Barry’s class then get Jeni’s ice cream and let me know what you think 😉

7. Chelsea
    December 13, 2017 at 11:59 pm (1 month ago)

Oh goodness, my favorite Christmas is a tough decision. I’d have to say I’m more of a fudge person when it comes to Christmas treats! BUT, I can’t ever deny a good chocolate chip cookie anytime of the year! 🙂

Same with ice cream, I can pretty much have it anytime of the year too!

I usually prefer lower body workouts and always have! But, my goal for 2018 is to get a lot more upper body work in too!

December 15, 2017 at 10:44 pm (1 month ago)

Classic chocolate chip cookies really can’t be beat. I’m the same with workouts too. It’s easier for me to think of lower body exercises.

8. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    December 20, 2017 at 3:33 pm (4 weeks ago)

OMG that sandwich looks EPIC! I’m all about real food post workout!

December 20, 2017 at 10:55 pm (4 weeks ago)

Usually I’m a smoothie person post workout, with a meal not far from that. But gosh that sandwich was goooood!