A healthy dish with chicken apple sausage, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts that is a perfect sweet and savory combo for a paleo and Whole 30 approved meal.
I can’t even remember the first time I had this combo of chicken apple sausage, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts, but since that time this has constantly been in our weekly dinner rotations. It’s such an easy meal to prepare, especially if you roast the vegetables ahead of time. And can be eaten for any meal, as you know from Instagram I’m team #putaneggonit.
The number one reason I love this meal is that it only requires 5 ingredients and most definitely does not lack in flavor. Usually I already have some of my Perfectly Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Spouts already prepped and just need to saute the chicken sausage in some olive oil, fry the eggs, and add to each bowl.
But if you prefer you could also make everything all in one skillet. Just warm 2 teaspoons cooking oil in a non-stick skillet or cast iron pan and add the sweet potatoes, cook for about 5 minutes before adding the chopped brussels sprouts and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and brussels sprouts are browned. Then add the Chicken Apple Sausage.
The chicken sausage takes less than 5 minutes to brown, plus it’s already cooked. I am a big fan of Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausage. I slice them thin and use one sausage per person.
For the sunny eggs I add a little cooking oil to a separate non-stick pan over medium heat then add the eggs and fry until cooked throughly. Leaving a runny yolk of course. But feel free to cook the eggs however you prefer. Oh and I’m OBSESSED with my new non-stick pans.
The eggs can also be made right in the skillet with the chicken apple sausage, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts.
I don’t think this dish needs any extra seasonings or spices, but I occasionally like to add a little crushed red pepper to give it a little kick. You could also add some garlic or thyme.
Enjoy and be sure to use the hashtag #sweetandstrong and tag me on Instagram @sweetandstrongblog if you try this recipe.
Pin For Later
- 1 cup roasted sweet potatoes in extra virgin olive oil and salt
- 16 brussels sprouts, cut in half and roasted
- 2 Chicken Apple Sausages, sliced thin
- 2 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional seasonings such as crushed red pepper, garlic, thyme
- Roast Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Spouts according to my Perfectly Roasted Vegetables Recipe (see recipe above). If you would rather cook vegetables in a skillet see notes.*
- Add a little extra virgin olive oil to a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add sliced Chicken and Apple Sausages. Let brown for 2-3 minutes per side before removing from heat.
- Add a little extra virgin olive oil to a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Add two eggs and cook for 4-5 minutes or until whites are cooked through.
- To make the bowls combine ½ cup roasted sweet potatoes, 1 cup roasted brussels sprouts, and one chicken sausage. Then add the sunny egg and any desired seasonings on top. Enjoy!
If You Like This Recipe Then Try:
Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta Salad
Meal Prep Turkey Taco Bowls
BLAT (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Tomato) Omelet
Linking up with Jenn and Laura for What I Ate Wednesday and Esther, Annmarie, Farrah, and Jess for Foodie Fridays. You can find other tasty healthy recipes here.A healthy dish with chicken apple sausage and vegetables that is a perfect sweet and savory meal #paleo #whole30Click To Tweet
Questions of the Day:
What’s your favorite 5 ingredient meal?
Roasted Brussels Spouts Yay or Nay?
Tell me something delicious on your plate lately.