Happy Friday!  I could not be more excited that it’s the weekend, and with an extra day off for the MLK Holiday.  Between traveling over Winter Break and our trip to San Antonio it feels like we haven’t had time to relax at home in a while.  So that’s exactly what I’m looking to do this weekend.  Most likely with some good workouts and delicious food mixed in so be sure to follow along on Instagram.

I realize I’m totally failing as a healthy lifestyle blogger in that I haven’t shared any tips for starting the new year on a healthy note.  Promise I’m planning on some good posts coming next week so stay tuned.

Last Friday I shared with you the Top Posts here in 2017 and today I wanted to highlight some of my personal favorites.  Especially since you may have missed them when they were published.  Be sure to visit the posts and PIN for later.  🙂

Chocolate Caramel Protein Fudge

This is my FAVORITE Recipe from last year!  I always make a DOUBLE batch because we love eating this Chocolate Caramel Protein Fudge for a healthy dessert.  In the recipe I mention to use Naked Whey Protein, but really any protein will work.  My current favorite is Vega Protein and Greens (a plant-based protein with extra nutrients from added greens).  Oh and this is also even more chocolaty with chocolate protein.  If you haven’t made these yet you don’t know what you’re missing!

Chocolate Almond Butter Caramel Protein Fudge Bites

Treadmill Incline Workout

Even though I’ve been running for years outside and on the treadmill, I never really did much with the incline.  Until I attended a Barry’s Bootcamp Class where a coach guides you on changing the treadmill to different incline and speed levels.  It’s such an intense but amazing workout.  This Treadmill Incline Workout is similar to a class I took at Barry’s and I now do this series or something similar every time I run indoors.

Treadmill Incline Workout. Change speeds and the incline on the treadmill for a great cardio and HITT workout.

Watermelon Frosé

Literally counting down the days until it’s warm out and socially acceptable to constantly be sipping on this Watermelon Frosé.

Watermelon Frosé aka Frozen Rosé. A refreshing Summer Cocktail.

20 Self Care Activities

In this post I discussed the importance of spending some quality time each day for yourself and 20 Self Care Activities.  I know many of you may have made a wish for more self-care time in 2018, so be sure to check out these relaxing activities.

Take Time for Yourself, 20 Self Care Activities

Meal Prep Turkey Taco Bowls

I often get asked what I meal prep and these Turkey Taco Bowls are one of my favorite recipes.  It’s a homemade taco seasoning and you can add in any veggies and pair with wraps, rice, or cauliflower rice for a healthy and delicious meal.

Meal Prep Taco Bowls with grain and topping of choice

Healthy Pantry Staples

Literally stock your pantry with these items and eating healthy will be THAT MUCH easier!  Plus sign up to receive emails for new blog posts and receive a free printout of my Healthy Pantry Staples.

Healthy Pantry Staples

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

My favorite indulgent recipe of the year was of course these Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They’re eaten up everywhere I bring them and have been given the name ‘Patty Cookies’ by family and friends.

The best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Soft, chewy, and made with a secret ingredient.

What I Ate Wednesday

What I Ate Wednesday Posts are always my favorite to write.  And this one where I shared all my eats while in Los Angeles, CA includes the most delicious food I’ve eaten all year!

Sqirl LA Crispy Rice Bowls

Places To Eat in Washington DC

If you or someone you know is planning a visit to the nations capital pin this list for all the best foodie spots.  Both healthy and indulgent 😉

Best Places to Eat and Drink in Washington DC

Cherry Pie Smoothie

Ending this round-up on a sweet note, a healthy sweet note, with a Cherry Pie Smoothie.  I know cherries are only in season during the Summer months, but you could easily substitute frozen cherries.  And I’m including this recipe because I know it’s my Dad’s favorite on the blog, Hi Dad!

Cherry Pie Smoothie that is naturally sweetened, made with real ingredients, and a refreshing summer treat.

Linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five.  And Heather for Friday Favorites.  Enjoy your weekend and be sure to read previous Friday Favorites posts here.

My Favorite recipes, workouts, and healthy lifestyle posts of 2017 from @sweetandstrong_Click To Tweet

What was your favorite workout or meal of 2017?

Tell me something you’re loving lately.

What are your plans for the weekend?

24 Comments on Favorite Posts On Sweet and Strong in 2017

1. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    January 12, 2018 at 1:48 pm (6 months ago)

That watermelon frose will be perfect for the spring/summer and a great way for me to use the watermelon I have in my freezer, woo!

January 12, 2018 at 3:14 pm (6 months ago)

Yes it definitly is a great recipe for the warmer months, but I’m not opposed to making it during the winter too 😉

January 12, 2018 at 3:15 pm (6 months ago)

Thank you Patrick, have a great weekend!

2. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    January 12, 2018 at 3:12 pm (6 months ago)

SO MANY GREAT POSTS! I love the workout and all your posts!

January 12, 2018 at 3:15 pm (6 months ago)

Thanks Kelli! The workout posts are one of my favs to create. Have a great weekend.

3. Rachel
    January 12, 2018 at 6:52 pm (6 months ago)

I’m thinking about taking a trip to LA next fall, and reading your post about all the food you ate there is getting me sooo excited!
    So many awesome posts!

• Rachel
      January 12, 2018 at 6:54 pm (6 months ago)

Oh, also, just a heads up! The link to the LA post actually takes you to the chocolate chip cookies (which look incredible). I went to your WIAW tab to look for the LA post, though, because I really wanted to read it 🙂

January 14, 2018 at 4:41 pm (6 months ago)

Oh thank you for letting me know Rachel!

January 14, 2018 at 4:41 pm (6 months ago)

OH you must go to LA, so much to do and yummy foodie stops.

4. Kimberly Hatting
    January 12, 2018 at 9:06 pm (6 months ago)

I have a treadmill, but seldom ever play much with the settings. I usually have the incline on 2, and I vary the speed a little as I go. Your treadmill workout sounds intriguing…as much as I dread the ‘mill, I can handle intervals because they are broken down into short segments.

January 14, 2018 at 4:42 pm (6 months ago)

Yes intervals definitely make the time go so much faster! Let me know if you give it a try Kimberly.

5. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness
    January 13, 2018 at 1:34 am (6 months ago)

I will need to go back and read a few of these posts. That treadmill workout will be perfect for this weekend, as it is suppose to snow again.

January 14, 2018 at 4:42 pm (6 months ago)

I know I haven’t ran outside in months because of the snow/cold. I already can’t wait until Spring!

January 14, 2018 at 4:42 pm (6 months ago)

Thanks Heather! And the protein fudge is so yummy! Hope you’ll try it 😉

6. Naomi || Naomi Why: Roots
    January 14, 2018 at 1:24 am (6 months ago)

I loved the self-care activities post! Going to check out a few of these that I missed. I know it’s the middle of winter, but a cherry smoothie sounds delicious right now.

January 14, 2018 at 4:43 pm (6 months ago)

Right! I love smoothies all year long! Hope you’re having a great weekend Naomi.

7. Erinn
    January 15, 2018 at 2:20 pm (6 months ago)

I loved your post on self care activities! So good to take some time for yourself every once and a while.

January 15, 2018 at 4:00 pm (6 months ago)

I totally agree Erinn! It’s something I’m always working on, but having a list of my favorite activities definitely helps.

8. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    January 15, 2018 at 2:44 pm (6 months ago)

This year has flown by already…. can’t believe it’s the 15th?!? You had such a great year of posts. I am craving that watermelon drink too!
    Happy New Year if i haven’t already said it. 🙂

January 15, 2018 at 4:01 pm (6 months ago)

Thanks Julie! And I can’t believe how fast the year is already going either. But I am kind of wishing for it to be Spring/Summer weather here soon, hehe.

9. Chelsea
    January 16, 2018 at 4:10 pm (6 months ago)

Okay, those cookies and that protein fudge sounds so so yummy!!! I’m definitely counting down the days for some warmer weather too! We got a snow day today and it feels like 12 degrees out! AH!

January 17, 2018 at 5:44 pm (6 months ago)

I am so over Winter already! And definitly use the cold months to cozy up in the kitchen and made some of those cookies and protein fudge. 🙂