These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the perfect game day appetizer. They are a healthy alternative to the traditional fried wings.

Who is ready for the Super Bowl?!?  While I am excited for all the excitement, betting, food, and fun it is kind of sad to see football season come to an end.  Watching football is a very popular weekend activity at our household since my husband is a high school football coach, and it’s also always been my favorite sport to watch as well.

Our favorite food to eat while watching football has to be buffalo wings.  We often stay in and watch football at home so cooking wings as crispy and delicious as a restaurant can be a challange.  We’ve cooked wings on the grill a few times and they’ve turned out really good, but sometimes nothing beats the not so healthy fried version.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken MeatballsSo to save on calories a few years ago I discovered a Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball recipe and tweaked it a bit based on what I had in my kitchen.  When my husband and I ate them we literally thought they almost tasted just like a fried buffalo chicken wing.  Since then they have become a household favorite for football gatherings or as an easy appetizer.

Prepping these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs is easy, just combine all the ingredients for the meatballs in one bowl then form into about 1 inch meatballs.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs baked not fried

Line the meatballs on a greased baking sheet and brown each side in the oven for a few mintues.

Slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs a healthy alternative

I personally like to make my homemade buffalo wing sauce for the meatballs (recipe included below), but feel free to use a store bought version.  If you do you’ll need about 1 cup of sauce.

Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce.

Then place the Chicken Meatballs in a slow cooker and cover with Buffalo sauce.  Stir so all the meatballs are covered with sauce and leave on low for about two hours so the meatballs finish cooking.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with homemade buffalo wing sauce

Ta-da!  Save so many calories without frying and they taste delicious!

Game Day Appetizer Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

Linking up with EstherAnnmarieFarrah,  and Jess for Foodie Fridays. You can find other tasty healthy recipes here.

Don’t forget to PIN these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs for later!

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. Healthy alternative to everyones favorite game day appetizer. #gameday #football #appetizer #buffalochicken

These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a healthy alternative to fried wings and don't sacrifice flavor #gamedayClick To Tweet

Like this Recipe?  Then Try:

Traditional Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza Logs

Homemade Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza Logs

Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Bake

Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Bake

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with Vinaigrette

Questions of the Day:

What are your Super Bowl Sunday plans?

What’s your favorite football party food?

What team are you cheering for?

13 Comments on Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

1. Michael Gill
    February 1, 2016 at 2:27 am (3 years ago)

Sounds delicious. I just might try. Got the Mealenders pretty good. Miss you guys. Tell Tommy I got a coaching job at my High School with the freshman.

February 8, 2016 at 11:13 pm (3 years ago)

Glad you like the Meal Enders. We miss you too! Tom is so excited you’re coaching, that will be an exciting change!

2. Alexis@That Fit Fam
    August 30, 2016 at 3:09 am (2 years ago)

I love this! these meatballs looks so good! Plus they seem ten times less messy than wings!

August 30, 2016 at 10:55 am (2 years ago)

Yes less messy and far fewer calories! =)

3. Julie @ Running in a Skirt
    January 31, 2018 at 1:37 pm (8 months ago)

I’m cheering for the Eagles– lesser of two evils on our house. 🙂 We’re Steelers fans.
    Hope you enjoy the game!

January 31, 2018 at 2:35 pm (8 months ago)

Haha yes! I typically try to root for the team that hasn’t won recenlty so I’ll most likely be cheering for them too. I also just like seeing a close game.

4. Barrie
    February 2, 2018 at 3:54 pm (8 months ago)

I always bake my meatballs, but I have never thought to do this and I love all things Buffalo-sauce- great idea!

February 4, 2018 at 2:10 pm (8 months ago)

They are SO good! Great switch up from traditional meatballs with marinara. Let me know if you give them a try 🙂

5. Annmarie
    February 2, 2018 at 5:03 pm (8 months ago)

Definitely just having a low key Super Bowl. These look so good – I am going to add them to my menu 🙂

February 4, 2018 at 2:11 pm (8 months ago)

Low key super bowl get togethers are the best! So excited for all the food and football this afternoon.

6. Farrah
    February 3, 2018 at 3:11 pm (8 months ago)

MEATBALLLLSS!! I haven’t made those in the longest time–that’s awesome that you can actually make this in your slow cooker! I’m definitely going to need to try these out!

February 4, 2018 at 2:14 pm (8 months ago)

Yes I love doing them in the slow cooker especially when we have people over. It also doesn’t dry out the chicken. Hope you give them a try Farrah!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs