Yay for Friday!  Hope you had a great week and are ready for the weekend.  We don’t really have any plans, sometimes those weekends are the best.  But be sure to follow along on Instagram for all things Food and Fitness.  And now let’s get to some of the things I’ve been loving lately like fancy sprinkles, new desserts, the launch of Bodypump 104 and other Friday Favorites.

Sweetapolita Sprinkles

I literally want every Sprinkles Medley from the Sweetapolita Sprinkles shop.  I ordered my sister and myself some sprinkles for Christmas, and with the holiday rush they didn’t arrive until late December.  But I can’t wait to bake a cake or cupcakes and top with these!

Sweetapolita Sprinkle Medley

California Almonds

While at a Health and Fitness Blogfest over the summer I was introduced to California Almonds.  During the conference they prepared some healthy snacks for us and recently sent a sweet gift to all Instructors and Trainers.  Almonds are one of my favorite healthy snacks, they’re great because they help keep you full throughout the day.  I eat them plain, but also enjoy adding them in yogurt, smoothie bowls, oatmeal or in my Brownie Protein Bites.  And how cute is the little tin, I totally stuffed it with some almonds for emergency snacking.

California Almonds, Healthy Snack Friday Favorites

Bodypump 104

This past weekend at my local gym we launched the Les Mills Bodypump 104 release.  I love teaching class with a group of instructors, it’s so fun to be up on stage with others.  I taught the triceps, biceps, and ab tracks.  While this release isn’t my absolute favorite, I do really like the songs and exercises for back, triceps, and shoulders.  Have you been to a class with the new release?  I’m curious what your thoughts are…..

Les Mills Bodypump 104 Release World Gym La Plata

And in case you are wondering about how I got certified to teach Les Mills Bodypump, I talk about it all in this post.  I can’t believe it has already been a year since my initial training, crazy!

Sally’s Baking Addiction

If you have been reading Sweet and Strong for a while you know I’m a HUGE fan of everything on Sally’s Baking Addiction Blog.  She does an amazing job explaining each recipe and every dessert I’ve tried always turns out delicious.

Sally's Baking Addiction Book

She also has three cookbooks and somehow I’ve never bought them for myself.  I guess because I’m still trying to make it through all the recipes on her blog.  But anyways, my sister gave me her first cookbook Sally’s Baking Addiction for Christmas and I can’t wait to make so many of her recipes.  Thinking of trying the Caramel Apple Bread or Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Cookies this weekend.

Sally's Baking Addiction Book Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies

Chocolate Covered Almonds

Totally into sharing all things sweet with you this Friday.  A few weeks ago I made a trip to Trader Joes to pick up some of my favorite things.  These Chocolate Covered Almonds caught my eye as soon as I walked in the store.  They are delicious and the perfect little something sweet for dessert.

In case you missed it on Sweet and Strong

Chicken Apple Sausage, Sweet Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts Recipe.  This is a quick and easy delicious meal made with just 5 ingredients.

Apple Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potatoes, and brussels sprouts bowls

Healthy Habits for the New Year.  I’m not super into making New Year Resolutions but always like to set goals for myself each month.  In this post I share some simple healthy habits that can help you reach any of your wellness goals.  I have also been enjoying reading your take on New Year Resolutions and what your plans are for 2018.

Healthy Habits for the New Year by Sweet and Strong Blog

Around the Web

This video is exactly why I write my blog.

I made these Double Chocolate Cake Donuts last weekend with my new Donut Pans.  I literally can’t stop making all the Donuts, obsessed with them lately.

Double Chocolate Cake Donuts

Well I think that’s enough sugar for one day.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today and have a great weekend!

Sprinkles, Desserts, Bodypump 104 and other Friday FavoritesClick To Tweet

Linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five.  And Heather for Friday Favorites.  Enjoy your weekend and be sure to read previous Friday Favorites posts here.

Questions of the Day:

Are you baking anything this weekend?

Have you done Bodypump 104?

Tell me something you’re loving lately.

24 Comments on Sprinkles, Desserts, Bodypump 104 and other Friday Favorites

1. Erinn
    January 26, 2018 at 12:43 pm (6 months ago)

Ahh how I miss bodypump! I’m loving popsugar fitness workouts lately!

January 27, 2018 at 8:52 pm (6 months ago)

Oh you have reminded me that it’s been a long time since I’ve done a Popsugar fitness workout and I love them!

2. Amy Lauren
    January 26, 2018 at 2:11 pm (6 months ago)

I haven’t done BodyPump 104 but my gym launches it tomorrow. I’m glad to find another blogger who bodypumps. I’ve been going twice a week since I’m an injured runner and think it really helps with strengthening. Best form of cross training and probably the best workout you can get in an hour.

Chocolate covered almonds are my favorite!

January 27, 2018 at 8:54 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Amy! Yes Bodypump is such a great strength training workout for beginners or people who are advanced. I love it!

3. Chino
    January 26, 2018 at 2:16 pm (6 months ago)

I miss BodyPump (but I prefer Les Mills RPM)! Do you teach other Les Mills classes? Happy weekend, too, Patricia! Stay sweet and strong! -Chino

January 27, 2018 at 8:54 pm (6 months ago)

I haven’t taken a Les Mills RPM class yet, but I really want to! Have a great weekend Chino.

4. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    January 26, 2018 at 2:37 pm (6 months ago)

Those sprinkles are adorable! I may need to pick those up before my next birthday where I have to make a cake for the person of honor.
    This weekend I think I’m going to bake chocolate strawberry cupcakes. We’ll see how they turn out!

January 27, 2018 at 8:55 pm (6 months ago)

Oh chocolate strawberry cupcakes sound amazing. And yes they have so many sprinkles to choose from. It took me forever to pick out the color combo I wanted.

5. Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    January 26, 2018 at 4:11 pm (6 months ago)

I am not baking or doing anything this weekend! i tested positive for the flu and am miserable. Bake something extra for me with those awesome sprinkles

January 27, 2018 at 8:56 pm (6 months ago)

OH NO! The flu has been going around everywhere. Rest up Patrick. I will definitely bake a few things for you.

6. Shathiso
    January 26, 2018 at 4:35 pm (6 months ago)

I absolutely love almonds too. I find you don’t even need to have a lot to feel full. And those chocolate covered almonds — heaven!

January 27, 2018 at 8:57 pm (6 months ago)

Yes they’re so addicting though. I make sure to count them out or I’d eat them all, lol. Have a great weekend Shathiso.

7. Sarah @ Bucket List Tummy
    January 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm (6 months ago)

I would put those sprinkles on everything – they are so pretty! And Sally’s blog is amazing, her recipes never let me down.

January 27, 2018 at 8:57 pm (6 months ago)

I know I can’t wait to bake with them. And currently baking two of Sally’s recipes from her book because I couldn’t just pick one. lol.

8. fairytales and fitness
    January 26, 2018 at 8:07 pm (6 months ago)

This entire post has made me hungry!!! I recently bought some Red velvet almonds! I wish I could find some other fun flavors like that!

January 27, 2018 at 8:58 pm (6 months ago)

Red velvet almonds sound amazing! Love trying new sweet treats. Have a great weekend!

January 29, 2018 at 11:12 am (6 months ago)

I haven’t taken a Bodypump class in a while, but they are so fun. I always enjoyed release days at my old gym, it was such a party atmosphere.

January 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm (6 months ago)

Bodypump is such a fun and great workout! What did your old gym do for releases? We create a theme and have snacks after, but I feel like people don’t get too excited for it.

10. Renée
    January 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm (6 months ago)

OMG your photos are killing me!!!

I haven’t done bodypump at all yet, but I started LM classes about 4 months ago with RPM (76) and I have to say it’s taking a while for the new release to grow on me. I would love to do bodypump but I’m kind of a wuss when it comes to trying new classes. It WILL happen though – I did bodybalance last week so bodypump will definitely happen in Feb!

January 29, 2018 at 2:32 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Renee! I’ve been wanting to try RPM because I love spin! And Bodypump is such a great workout whether you’re a beginner or more advanced. Your instructor will help you out your first time and it gets much easier from there! I hope you give it a try.

11. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    January 29, 2018 at 6:13 pm (6 months ago)

Your pictures look so good, Patricia! And wow — is that an all-female launch team? So cool!!! Yay for BODYPUMP! I can’t wait to get back to teaching it soon!

January 31, 2018 at 2:33 pm (6 months ago)

Thanks Ashley! And I bet you can’t wait to get back to teaching! Love some Bodypump!

January 30, 2018 at 2:14 am (6 months ago)

This post made me SO hungry! I need to get those sprinkles – I’ve actually looked at them before too! This weekend we have company, so I made a giant tray of tiramisu bread pudding. It was a win.

January 31, 2018 at 2:34 pm (6 months ago)

Yum! Tiramisu bread pudding sounds delicious. And there are so many different varieties of those sprinkles, I want them all, lol.