Hello friends.  We’re halfway through the week, yay!  Between traveling (read about our Winter Break and San Antonio visit), snow days, and the long weekend it has been hard to stick to a routine.  It’s only mid January and I feel like I’m already counting down the days until Spring.  But I digress, over the long weekend I had plenty of time to catch up on some much needed R&R and enjoyed cooking some meals in and eating out.    Sharing all the weekend eats today for What I Ate Wednesday.

Saturday morning I went into DC for a Flywheel Spin Class.  At the end of class the instructor told us we rode with the CEO of Flywheel as a participant, which I thought was pretty cool.

After the good sweat session I met my sister at Le Pain Quotidien for a healthy brunch.  She ordered the Salmon Breakfast and I had the Seasonal Breakfast Bowl with grains, greens, avocado, and a sunny egg.  It was all delicious.

Le Pain Quotidien

When I got back to Southern MD I went for a pedicure and started reading The Murder on the Orient Express.  Then picked up all the groceries for the week.  For dinner we used leftover pork I had frozen and made cubano sandwiches with pork, spicy ham, swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles.  And I roasted a pan of brussels sprouts for a veggie.  I shared the plate on my Insta Stories.  Then caught up on a few of our favorite TV shows for the rest of the night.

Sunday mornings are my favorite.  I usually spend extra time on the couch sipping coffee and catching up on some wellness articles from the week.  MindBodyGreen is one of my favorite websites to look at for informative health articles.  For breakfast I had a banana with some almond butter and cinnamon along with a cup of coffee with Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer.  Their Collagen Creamers now come in to go packets in the Coconut and Vanilla Flavors.  They’re great to have around to pack when traveling or on the go.

Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer

You can see many other Vital Proteins products featured in my Friday Favorites posts.  I just love all their products and they’re always releasing new items, I can’t wait to see what else they come up with this year.  Some of the great health benefits of collagen include healthy skin, hair, nails, joints, and gut health.  I have been using collagen for the past six months and truly believe in it.

After sitting on the couch for longer than I care to admit Tom and I decided to go out and run some errands.  We stayed busy enough that soon we realized how hungry we were and it was already 5:00.  So we went to an early dinner at Spoons Korean BBQ and both ordered the Bibimbap with Bulgogi.  It was exactly what we needed to warm up on a cold day.  Oh and I ordered a Moscow mule with dinner, I had them use tequila instead of vodka, it’s delicious!

Bibimbap Spoons Korean BBQ La Plata, MD

When we got home we watched the Football Playoffs while making  Brown Butter Churro Donuts.  I received these donut pans for Christmas and couldn’t wait any longer to try them.  And OMG these donuts were amazing.  You don’t even care that they’re baked not fried, so delicious!

Churro Donuts

Monday morning I decided to try one of the New 80 Day Obsession Workouts on Beachbody On Demand.  I love all of Autumn’s workouts and this one did not disappoint.  I won’t be able to stick with doing the full 80 day plan because of teaching group fitness classes, but I’m going to use these workouts to help motivate me throughout the winter months.

Post workout I made a shake with my new favorite Vega Protein and added a scoop of collagen.  Then got to doing the usual things around the house on my day off for the MLK Holiday; cleaning, laundry, and meal prep.  I took a break for lunch and made breakfast tacos with veggies, scrambled eggs, and avocado on corn tortillas.  We had just bought new pans and wow, what a difference cooking in them!

Breakfast Tacos What I Ate Wednesday

For dinner I prepped some roasted sweet potatoes (read how to make perfectly roasted veggies here), cauliflower, and made this Za’atar Chicken Recipe.  We now have plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week.  For dessert I baked a batch of the Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies to have as a healthy dessert all week.  I ate two cookies while catching up on this season of The Bachelor.

And that wraps up all the yummy weekend eats.  Have a great rest of your week 🙂

Read all the weekend eats for What I Ate Wednesday with @sweetandstrong_Click To Tweet

Linking up with Jenn and Laura for What I Ate Wednesday  You can find some of my favorite healthy recipes here.

Questions of the Day:

What’s something delicious you ate over the weekend?

What did you meal prep this week?

How are you liking this season of the bachelor?

20 Comments on Weekend Eats What I Ate Wednesday

1. Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real
    January 17, 2018 at 1:16 pm (7 months ago)

One thing I ate over the weekend was homemade bread. I tried a new to me recipe and it was awesome!
    Those donuts look amazing! Now you have me tempted to Amazon Prime a donut pan…

January 17, 2018 at 5:46 pm (7 months ago)

Oh yum, I love baking fresh bread. Tastes so much better than store bought. And I have a good feeling I’m going to be using this donut pan a lot lately!

January 17, 2018 at 5:46 pm (7 months ago)

I’m craving all the warm foods because I think my body is officially over the cold weather. Seriously how many more weeks until spring?

2. Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    January 17, 2018 at 3:48 pm (7 months ago)

Those are some great eats and sounds like a nice few days! I meal prepped pierogis that were supposed to last all week but already got eaten. Have a great rest of the week.

January 17, 2018 at 5:47 pm (7 months ago)

Uh that’s the hardest part of meal prep, planning the perfect portions. Happy Wednesday!

January 17, 2018 at 4:34 pm (7 months ago)

I am drooling over those doughnuts! Clearly, I need to get a pan and try baking them.

This week was a meal prep fail because we were out of town until late Monday night. I’m catching up today though! We need some veggies after last week.

January 17, 2018 at 5:48 pm (7 months ago)

Traveling definitely makes meal prep hard, no impossible. But I’m the same way, I always crave all the veggies when returning home.

January 18, 2018 at 12:03 am (7 months ago)

Thanks Emily!

4. Evangeline
    January 17, 2018 at 6:25 pm (7 months ago)

Everything looks delicious! Carrot cake was the most memorable thing I ate over the weekend. It’s one of my favorite desserts 🙂

January 18, 2018 at 12:04 am (7 months ago)

OH I love carrot cake too. Funny how we both really remember the desserts, #sweettooth 😉

5. Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off
    January 17, 2018 at 10:44 pm (7 months ago)

Such delicious eats! This is the second time I’m seeing that chocolate chip cookie recipe in one day; must be a sign from the universe 😉
    I’ve also been heavily considering trying out collagen lately, particularly to see if it will help my hair grow (because that’s been a SUPER frustrating process). Thanks for all the tips 🙂

January 18, 2018 at 12:08 am (7 months ago)

Hi Nicole. I would definitely give collagen a try for hair growth. Just keep in mind it may take a few weeks until you start noticing any differences. And yes definitely need to make the cookies asap!

6. Kaylee
    January 18, 2018 at 5:18 am (7 months ago)

I have been on an avocado kick lately so that breakfast brunch bowl has caught my eye 😍 Doughnut pans are life changing. Have fun!!!
    Not a huge fan of Arie but the girls this season have been more than entertaining. Got any you’re rooting for already?

January 18, 2018 at 12:16 pm (7 months ago)

Avocado in breakfast bowls is amazing! And I’v only watched the first two episodes too far, I dunno how much I’m loving Arie either. Haven’t picked any favorites though yet.

January 18, 2018 at 7:25 pm (7 months ago)

Yum! Now you’ve got me craving grain bowl with a fried egg on top…i love making that for dinners every now and again.

January 18, 2018 at 11:48 pm (7 months ago)

Yes that’s such a yummy combo. I’ve actually never tried making one at home, I need to get on that asap!

8. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby
    January 19, 2018 at 3:32 pm (7 months ago)

OMG I need to get some Korean bbq back in my life. When I was in grad school there was an awesome place down the street and we went after any big test. Now, I just got ot find one in AZ – we are more known for Mexican food than Asian food ha ha

January 21, 2018 at 4:30 pm (7 months ago)

Korean BBQ is SO good! Definitely need it next time you travel somewhere. And I can’t wait to visit AZ for all the Mexican food.