Happy Happy Friday!  It has been a crazy week here.  If you followed along on Instagram I spent the last weekend with my little sister Andrea visiting from California.  We did all fun things food and fitness related of course.  Then on Monday my older sister Cindy and her now husband Mashrur had a courthouse wedding ceremony in DC.   We all attended and celebrated after.  My parents and other family members weren’t able to attend, so they are planning on having a more formal celebration in the near future.  But it was an exciting and jam-packed weekend to say the least.  And today I’m recapping all the latest highlights in food and fitness.

My little sister was the first one to introduce me to Barry’s Bootcamp.  I took my first class while visiting her in LA (read all my LA travel highlights here) and they just recently opened a DC location.  While she was visiting we wanted to take a class together, so we attended a Saturday morning Total Body Workout.

In case you’ve never heard of a Barry’s class, it’s a HIIT Workout (High Intensity Interval Training).  You do two to three rounds on the treadmill and then switch to using equipment on the floor.  Usually the treadmill portion is a mix of jogging, running, sprinting, and moving the incline.  While the floor exercises vary depending on the class for the day.  Saturday was total body so we did a variety of exercises for arms, abs, and legs.

Barry's Bootcamp Washington DC

Leggings // Top

Then of course after a workout comes food right!  We met up with Cindy at Poke Papa for Poke Bowls.  Literally obsessed with this place.  You create your own poke bowl and they’re not only beautiful but so delicious!

Poke Papa Washington DC

After lunch Andrea and I headed back to Southern MD as I had two unified basketball games I’m helping coach and then we ran a few errands.  For dinner it was pizza night!  I use this dough recipe and we decided on one meat pizza with sausage, green pepper, and onion and the other pizza with burrata, tomato, and arugula.  Both were yummy!

Burrata, tomato, and arugula pizza

Sunday morning Cindy wanted to do a few pre-wedding fun activities so we all went to a spin class at Flywheel, followed by brunch.  One thing we all definitely have in common is our love for food and fitness 🙂

Flywheel Sports

We ate at Sospeso after and had hummus, shakshuka, omelets, and lamb hash.

Sospreso Brunch Washington DC

Everything was good, but I don’t know if I’d return again for brunch, but their dinner menu does interest me.  And the vibe at Sospresso was cute and quaint.

Sospeso Washington DC

Later that afternoon we each got our nails done before heading back home to make food and watch the Superbowl.  We made salsa, guac, potato fries, and ate leftover pizza.  All the greatest football appetizers.  And I surprisingly actually stayed up to watch the entire game, even though I didn’t care too much about the outcome.

Then Monday was Cindy’s wedding day!  Cindy and Mashrur wanted to have a courthouse wedding ceremony to take care of some paper work.  My parent’s attended via Facetime and Cindy also had some close friends come to witness their ceremony and celebrate.

Dress // Shoes // Cindy’s Dress

After we went to their favorite brewery Bluejacket for drinks and appetizers.  I’ve been to Bluejacket several times and it’s one of my favorites as well.  Their beer is so good and it’s great that it’s close to Nationals Ballpark during the season.  We ordered several appetizers to share, wings, soft pretzels, chips and dip, tater tots, and crispy brussels (because #veggies).

Bluejacket Brewery Washington DC

Then later went back to their place for dinner and cake.  Which I’m so sad I didn’t get a photo of because it was so good.  But the day was perfect and Cindy and Mashrur were so happy to officially be a married couple.

With such a hectic weekend this week has literally been a blur.  I’m looking forward to relaxing and cleaning house a bit the next few days.  See you back here next week as I few fun recipes and giveaways coming at ya soon!

Latest favorites in Food and Fitness #fridayfavsClick To Tweet

Linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five.  And Heather for Friday Favorites.  Enjoy your weekend and be sure to read previous Friday Favorites posts here.

Questions of the Day:

What’s something food or fitness you’re loving lately?

Do you prefer Cardio or Strength Training?

What was the last celebration you attended?

16 Comments on Latest Favorites in Food and Fitness

1. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness
    February 9, 2018 at 12:59 pm (8 months ago)

I haven’t had a Poke bowl in ever. They look so good. Congrats to Cindy on her wedding!

February 9, 2018 at 1:38 pm (8 months ago)

I’m obsessed with Poke lately and love that place in DC because you can choose all your toppings, yay for BYO! lol. Happy Weekend Lacey.

2. Deborah Brooks
    February 9, 2018 at 1:21 pm (8 months ago)

Flywheel has fabulous classes! And pizza always gets my vote. I like strength training and running so both!

February 9, 2018 at 1:38 pm (8 months ago)

I’m the same with workouts, I love both so I usually just try to switch it up a lot throughout the week. Have a great weekend Deborah 🙂

3. Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    February 9, 2018 at 1:47 pm (8 months ago)

I have never had Poke but I really want to try it! I like strength and cardio the same.

February 10, 2018 at 2:10 pm (8 months ago)

I love sushi but now am obsessed with only ordering poke bowls when it comes to raw fish. You must try one!

4. Michelle
    February 9, 2018 at 9:06 pm (8 months ago)

I LOVE flywheel! It’s a rush! Have you ever tried their FlyBarre classes? I think I may enjoy those even more.

February 10, 2018 at 2:12 pm (8 months ago)

I have taken a few Flybarre classes. They’re definitely great for toning those small muscle groups. I just love the thrill and challenge during spin a bit more.

5. GiGi Eats
    February 10, 2018 at 3:14 am (8 months ago)

SO MUCH FRIGGIN DELICIOUS LOOKING FOOD! ALTHOUGH I have to say, that poke is what truly turns me on. I have a serious obsession and whenever people want to go out to eat – I always recommend us go to a poke place (or sushi, ha!) Mmmm!

February 10, 2018 at 2:13 pm (8 months ago)

YES! Poke and sushi when eating out is the best. Especially because it’s just too hard to make at home. Have a great weekend Gigi.

6. Kelli at Hungry Hobby
    February 10, 2018 at 6:56 pm (8 months ago)

Brewery’s are our favorite! They always have such delicious food. Arizona has some amazing ones if you ever go for a visit!

February 12, 2018 at 12:20 pm (7 months ago)

They are so much fun right! There are a few here where you can bring your own food too and have a picnic which I’ve always wanted to do. I be the ones in AZ have amazing views though!

February 14, 2018 at 11:00 pm (7 months ago)

Thank Emily! It was fun 🙂

February 14, 2018 at 6:36 am (7 months ago)

That looks like a delicious few days!

I’m all about lifting, but cardio is a necessary evil. LOL!

February 14, 2018 at 11:02 pm (7 months ago)

Haha right! I enjoy both but am usually in the mood for one or the other.