A blend of vanilla protein, mint, and chocolate makes this Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake the perfect healthy treat whether it’s for breakfast, post-workout, or to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
There is something about St. Patrick’s Day and the whole month of March that makes me think of all mint and green foods. St. Patrick’s Day is a week away and while you may choose to celebrate with green beer and corned beef and cabbage, if you want a healthy breakfast or snack this Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake is a perfect route to go down if you are after the best protein shake to start your day. Or for whatever reason, you’re not a massive fan of smoothies, you can always opt for something like a protein brownie to keep you going throughout the day. You can always switch up the flavours though if this isn’t to your particular taste, as it may not be for everyone. But the main thing, regardless of the flavour, is that you enjoy it.
This shake even reminds me a little of the ever so popular Shamrock Shake you can order seasonally at a fast food chain I shall not name here on Sweet and Strong. But it’s a much healthier version made with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you need to make the Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake:
- milk of choice, I use almond milk
- your favorite protein powder, for this recipe I used Organifi Complete Vanilla Protein
- one whole frozen banana, the frozen fruit makes a HUGE difference in the texture of the shake, think smooth and creamy like a milkshake
- handful of greens, you could use spinach, kale, or a mix
- Organifi Green Juice, the powder is flavored with mint. You could use some additional mint extract to give it more of a minty flavor or just use 1/4 tsp mint instead of the powder.
- cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
Organifi sent me a few of their products to try for myself. I was really excited about the Complete Protein and Green Juice Powder. A bit about Organifi, all their products are organic, vegan, and non GMO. They are committed to making products to promote overall wellness. Their products are designed to help with body fat, fatigue, and inflammation which are some of the most common health related issues.
I first tried each the Protein and Green Juice by themselves mixed in my morning smoothie. I knew I would enjoy the protein powder because I regularly add vanilla protein to my smoothies. And I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the taste of the Green Juice powder. When reviewing the ingredients list I noticed it had mint and that’s exactly what I tasted. Which lead me to be inspired to create this shake recipe.
Organifi Green Juice is a superfood powder, created so you can have all your superfoods in one glass without juicing or shopping for different individual products. A few of the ingredients I was excited about when reading the nutrition label were:
- Spirulina (which naturally manages blood sugar and is a great source of vitamins and minerals)
- Chlorella (a green algae high in protein and helps support healthy skin)
- Ashwaganda, which can also be found in capsules if you search ashwagandha amazon, is an adaptogen with a combination of amino acids, herbs, and vitamins that help manage how your body responds to stress.
The green juice also contains several other superfoods including the mint which I didn’t know until now is known to help reduce cravings, soothe indigestion, and help support sleep. So many health benefits in all these ingredients. Of course to see optimal results Organifi suggest using the Green Juice daily. I’ve just been using it every so often in my smoothies, so I can’t say I’ve noticed any significant changes in how my body feels.
If you don’t have the Organifi Green Juice you can easily still make this smoothie with your favorite protein and add some mint extract for the minty flavor. I love how the mint tastes so fresh and leaves a clean feeling with your taste buds. And I really enjoy the ingredients list and taste of the Organifi Complete Vanilla Protein. It’s a plant-based protein blend and sweetened with monk fruit. It can also be used as a meal replacement shake.
Simply add all the ingredients to a high powered blender, I use and love my Vitamix. Lastly to top the shake you just can’t forget to add the chocolate. I used cocoa nibs (which can be found at most grocery stores or you can purchase here). The only ingredient in cocoa nibs is well…… cocoa and they’re free of sugar and still have a chocolate taste. Feel free to use regular mini chocolate chips instead though.
Hop you celebrate St. Patty’s Day in a healthy way with this Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake. Ok Ok I’ll probably have some green beer and mint brownies too because this blog is all about balance 😉 Enjoy!
- 1 cup milk, I use almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop Organifi Green Juice Powder
- ⅛ -1/4 teaspoon mint extract (depending on how much mint flavor you want
- 1 handful greens such as spinach or kale
- 1 frozen banana
- cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
- Combine the milk, protein powder, Green Juice Powder, mint extract, greens, and frozen banana in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with cocoa nibs or chocolate chips.
Celebrate March with a Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake with @organifiClick To Tweet
Like this recipe? Then try:
Cherry Pie Smoothie
Chicken Apple Sausage, Sweet Potatoes, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Bowl
Green Pear Smoothie
Questions of the Day:
What’s your favorite protein flavor?
Are there any superfoods you take daily?
How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day?