Try this Easy Fried Cauliflower Rice with Ground Turkey recipe for a quick dinner or use for meal prep throughout the week. Using cauliflower rice keeps it ‘low carb’, ‘paleo’, and ‘gluten-free’.
I love sharing meal prep ideas with you! Especially this time of year when it’s Spring and it seems like there are a million things going on after work and zero time to cook. I have been making a lot more ground turkey recipes recently because they’re just so healthy and this Easy Fried Cauliflower Rice with Ground Turkey is one of my favorites! I make it on the weekend and use the leftovers to meal prep lunches for the week. You could also make it for a quick and easy dinner one night. It literally takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, Yes!
Lets start with the ingredients. I use pre-riced cauliflower rice (I can always find this one in the freezer section at my local grocery store). I choose frozen over making my own because processing the cauliflower makes too much of a mess, and I don’t have time for that. If you want to make your own, by all means go for it!
You will also need ground turkey (you could easily substitute ground chicken), carrots, scallions, edamame or peas, coconut aminos or soy sauce, sesame oil, eggs, garlic, and ginger. If you’re looking to add even more veggies I’ve also added some kale or spinach to the mix a few times.
This recipe uses cauliflower rice to keep it ‘low carb’, it’s also ‘paleo and ‘Whole 30’ friendly swapping out regular white rice. To be honest at first I wasn’t the biggest fan of cauli rice, but it’s defiantly growed on me. Plus in this recipe the sesame oil and soy sauce give it such a great flavor. FYI this recipe was also hubby approved!
To make this Easy Fried Cauliflower Rice with Ground Turkey you cook everything in one pan. Start by cooking the garlic, ginger, and carrots in the sesame oil, then you’ll add in the ground turkey. Once the turkey is almost cooked cooked you’ll add the room temperature cauliflower rice and edamame or peas and cook for 3-5 minutes.
To add the eggs I make little ‘holes’ in the mixture to crack each egg in, then quickly mix it all up as the eggs cook. You’ll then remove the pan from heat and add the additional sesame oil, coconut aminos or soy sauce, and scallions.
Then I suggest avocado, sriracha, sesame seeds, and/or cilantro for toppings. And for meal prep I portion the mixture into four glass containers, these are the ones I own and love.
Easy Fried Cauliflower Rice with Ground Turkey
Be sure to save to Pinterest for later. If you try this recipe tag @sweetandstrongblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetandstrong
- 12 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup frozen edamame or peas
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 3 whole carrots, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (divided)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 6 scallions, chopped
- Bring the frozen cauliflower rice and edamame or peas to room temperature.
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes then add the ground turkey or chicken and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes chopping the meat up into bite sized pieces.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and add the cauliflower rice and edamame. Cook until the cauliflower is soft.
- Turn the heat down to low and make a hole in the middle then add the beaten eggs and stir until the eggs are cooked, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the coconut aminos and scallions.
- Top with sriracha, avocado, sesame seeds, and/or cilantro.
Like this recipe? Then Try:
Turkey Taco Bowls
Spaghetti Squash Taco Bake
How to Make a Massaged Kale Salad
Questions of the Day:
What’s your favorite low carb alternative?
Tell me a way you sneak veggies into a meal.
What’s your favorite quick and easy dinner?