Hello friends and Happy Friday!  We’re currently on our way to Ohio for our final Summer road trip.  One of my best friends from college is getting married on Saturday!  Be sure to follow along with all the Columbus fun on Instagram.  Anyways it’s been awhile since I’ve shared a few of the things I’ve been loving lately in food, fitness, and life so we are long over due for a Friday Favorites.

Nutri-Rich Vitamins

To be honest I’ve never been one to take many vitamins or supplements as I try get most of my nutrients from real foods.  But even for the healthiest of people I know that can be impossible.  Which is why when Nutri-Rich offered to send me a variety of vitamins curated to my needs I figured why not give them a try! Nutri-Rich has a variety of vitamins they recommend for different lifestyles; the minimalist, mom to be, aging gracefully, and high energy.

Nutri-Rich Magnesium

From the mini-collection I was sent I’ve been loving the soft magnesium.  I’ve heard a lot of buzz around taking magnesium to relax and sleep better and I really think I’ve noticed a difference and plan to continue taking it.  Magnesium can also help with muscle relaxation and supports healthy bones, blood pressure, and blood sugar.

Nutri-Rich Soft Magnesium

Now what I like about all Nutri-Rich Vitamins is that they’re made in house in their California facility and they use quality ingredients in all of their vitamins.  Visit their site to find vitamins recommended for your lifestyle.

Taylor Swift Concert

On Tuesday a few girlfriends and I attended the Taylor Swift Concert at Fed Ex Field and we had a blast!  It was my first concert in quite a while and first EVER Taylor Swift concert.  She was absolutely amazing live, I enjoyed every minute of it and can’t get her songs out of my head (which I’m totally not mad about).  Many of you replied to my Insta Stories saying that you’re going to see her this Summer and you’re definitely in for a great show!

Taylor Swift Concert Fed Ex Field

Taylor Swift Concert Fed Ex Field
Watermelon Wonder Kombucha

I am obsessed with this Watermelon Wonder flavored GT’s Kombucha.  It reminds me of the watermelon Bubbalicious flavor, but of course it’s made with real ingredients.  Kombucaha is fermented tea that helps support a healthy gut.  It definitely has an acquired taste at first, but it’s something I’ve gotten used to.  And I now enjoy a serving daily with my lunch or mid-afternoon.

GT's Watermelon Wonder Kombucha

Grilling Season

Can grilling season please last forever!  In case you’ve missed it each week I’ve been posting our weekly menu (find all previous posts here) and these Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers made it on the menu again this week because we enjoyed them so much.  I picked up the chicken from Hancock Family Farms and the veggies for the kabobs at the local farmers market.  Delicious!

Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Kabobs

That’s it for me today.  I hope you a fun and restful weekend!

Linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five.  And Heather for Friday Favorites.  Enjoy your weekend and be sure to read previous Friday Favorites posts here.

Questions of the Day

Who was your last concert?

What’s your favorite thing to grill?

Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

18 Comments on Vitamins, T. Swift, and other Friday Favorites

1. Kim G
    July 13, 2018 at 11:38 am (2 months ago)

I purchased the Watermelon Wonder flavor from my local Trader Joes and absolutely loved it! It’s my new favorite flavor.

I recently purchased a bottle of magnesium oil spray. I’ve been using it the past 2 days and so far so good!

July 17, 2018 at 12:04 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Kim! And yes the Watermelon flavor is my new favorite now too and so perfect for summer. Lots of benefits with magnesium, I haven’t heard of the spray yet though. I’ll need to look out for that!

2. Deborah Brooks
    July 13, 2018 at 12:08 pm (2 months ago)

I take a multi vitamin so I will check to see how much magnesium is in there. WE went to TS last time she was in town. I heard she was amazing at the concert in DC this week. Fun!

July 17, 2018 at 12:05 pm (2 months ago)

Yes some multi-vitamins probably have it and some foods do naturally as well. I just usually never notice a difference when taking a supplement, but really have with magnesium! And you’ll totally have to see TS next time she’s in town, I’m hooked!

3. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness
    July 13, 2018 at 12:23 pm (2 months ago)

So jealous of your Taylor Swift concert. My friend was there as well and looked they were having a blast. I never knew that magnesium helped with sleep. I always just take melatonin. Maybe I need to try magnesium. Thanks for linking up!

July 17, 2018 at 12:06 pm (2 months ago)

Yes definitely give magnesium a try, I’m not sure what the major differences are between magnesium and melatonin since I’m not an expert. But I think it’s great for athletes because it helps with muscle relaxation.

4. Megan @ Meg Go Run
    July 13, 2018 at 12:43 pm (2 months ago)

Wow you were so close to Taylor! Glad you gals had a fun time! The last concert I went to was the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra. They played a free July 4th concert. They’re so good they sound like a recording!

July 17, 2018 at 12:07 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Megan! I love a good concert around the 4th of July to celebrate, sounds like a lot of fun!

5. patrick@looneyforfood.com
    July 13, 2018 at 3:01 pm (2 months ago)

I make grilling season last all year. LOL. I brush off the snow and use my grill all year. But it is a lot better in the summer.

July 17, 2018 at 12:07 pm (2 months ago)

I wish I didn’t hate the cold so much then I would totally do that! lol.

6. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    July 13, 2018 at 3:23 pm (2 months ago)

You had good seats for Taylor! I went too, but we were a bit further away — still an awesome show. And as far as magnesium, almost all of us need more of it, so that’s the perfect supplement to add to your routine. Enjoy your weekend, lady! Happy Friday! 🙂

July 17, 2018 at 12:09 pm (2 months ago)

Well I wish those were our seats for the whole time, but she came to the back of the floor seats for a few songs so we got up close then. Was definitely a fun show, I would totally go again next time she’s in town. Hope you had a great weekend 🙂

7. Samantha
    July 13, 2018 at 5:19 pm (2 months ago)

I’ve actually never been to a concert before, but they seem like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed the t-swift one 🙂 Enjoy your last road trip of the summer too!

July 17, 2018 at 12:09 pm (2 months ago)

I rarely ever go to concerts and always have SO much fun when I do, you definitely gotta find someone you love and go see them live. It’s a totally different experience!

8. Rachel
    July 13, 2018 at 6:01 pm (2 months ago)

This is the second post I’ve seen mentioning that watermelon kombucha. I’m going to have to find it this weekend.

I’m considering buying last minute Stubhub tickets for the Taylor Swift concert next weekend because I’ve wanted to see her live for so long! Long-time T-Swift fan over here.

Have a great weekend!

July 17, 2018 at 12:11 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Rachel! Yes to watermelon kombucha, I always try Gt’s newest flavors and this one is perfect for summer! Let me know what you think. And OMG you MUST buy some T.Swift tickets, you won’t regret it. I was smiling the rest of the week, it was such a good time.

9. Shathiso
    July 14, 2018 at 4:11 pm (2 months ago)

My mum struggled with cramps – they just kept getting worse and worse until she started taking magnesium. Such huge improvement in just a few weeks!

That photo of you and your girlfriends is lovely! You all amazing.

July 17, 2018 at 12:12 pm (2 months ago)

Aw thanks so much! And yes magnesium is great for muscle relaxation, so glad your Mom saw improvements when taking it!